• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waltz For Zizi

• jar

• Schadenfreude

• MsRedpen

Oh yesss!

It is beautiful, intriguing design, rare wood, soft (not flex!) wet nib..

1/4 of the price of a new pen..

...if you like slightly heavier pen, the shorter size is not bothering you, and have no worries on section...

If above is a concern, price is irrelevant.

I find it irresistible!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

If you like the aesthetic, I don't see a reason not to from those pics. Me? I would pass because it's not a design I care for.

Oh yesss!

It is beautiful, intriguing design, rare wood, soft (not flex!) wet nib..

1/4 of the price of a new pen..

...if you like slightly heavier pen, the shorter size is not bothering you, and have no worries on section...

If above is a concern, price is irrelevant.

I find it irresistible!

I have sweaty hands. Is this a concern with wood pens? Especially with this one that does not have any laquer on it.

I have sweaty hands. Is this a concern with wood pens? Especially with this one that does not have any laquer on it.

fpn_1508685721__img_3298.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

I have a Classic in genadilla wood, so not that I can make exactly apples to apples comparison as Classic has different section.

Grenadilla is very hard, very dense and dark wood and I havent noticed any changes in colour so far.

It does not show any signs that it would absorb i.e. water.

Even if the change of colour happened, I would consider it an added charm with signs of use.

Would be interesting to see other owners feedback.

I am wondering why is it on sale at such a bargain price...

Edt: Similar feedback as Noihvo...:)

Edited by MsRedpen

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

I am wondering why is it on sale at such a bargain price...

It also has a pelikan m800 ballpoint for 50€, and other mostly ballpoints, and most of them have price tags. This one, though does not, and on an ebay search he said it sells for 400$. I bought last week a pelikan r405 from the same seller for 60$ and it was ok, and told him to contact me if he has any fountain pens, as I don't really use ballpoins. I only keep an Aurora Optima just in case.

Also the seler is not on ebay/international, and in my country are very few people interested is spending too much money on fountain pens, so they usually sell cheaper than on ebay or other well known sites. I personally barely sold a Lamy dialog 3, new, for 130$.

I can't actually answer the poll. I have no idea whether that's a good price (or not), or whether the size and weight are good for my hand, since I don't know what the pen is. It's nice looking, but I won't buy a pen just to put it in a display case. The only pens I don't use are the ones that need repairs.

And it had better be something that's post-able....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looks OK, but not the style that I like

I either want old (95 years old) Waterman or any other pen that I find pleasing to look at. From there, I would have to like how it writes

Not my style, so probably not. (I voted no) For that price, I really have to like it a lot. This is just ok in my book.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I voted no. It's not for long time writing. At least for me there is nothing relaxing when writing with thinner barrel, and yet i have small, typical female hands. For the price i would have saved more for something like Pilot Falcon.

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

Having recently played with my friend's version of the same pen, I would be very keen especially at that price.

The nib is lovely, with a soft feel and a little spring, and the barrel is actually quite chunky to hold with good grip. Very high quality pen. If you don't take it, I'd be very happy to have the sellers details ;)

Yes. In a heartbeat!

The intuition wood is an amazing pen, very well balanced and with a large (#6) nib to die for. For those that like smooth nibs, it is hard to beat GvFC.

Not to mention that it is going out of production and the prices are going up like crazy. You cannot get one of these new for less than $470-500 (in fact, my son just bought one at that price that is en route right now. I wish I had the dough to buy another one for me).

@Schadenfreude, the Intuition wood is actually a very good pen for long writing sections and it is thicker than the pilot Falcon (in fact, much thicker). I believe you are thinking of the GvFC Classic, which is indeed thinner (but still very comfortable IMO).