I’m reviewing samples of the new set of Diamine Shimmer inks.

This one is Diamine Electric Pink

This is a saturated pink ink with silver shimmer. It is along similar lines to Caran d’Ache Divine Pink for being a pink ink that’s easy to read.

I found it a wet and well flowing ink.

It had good lubrication with the pens I tried it with.

It’s a saturated ink, especially for a pink ink.

With broader nibs it looks more saturated than it does with finer nibs, although it’s wet enough to show the silver shimmer with all nibs.

It showed through on some of the papers I used.

The pens I used were Stipula Agata F/M nib, Lamy Nexx M Stub 1.1mm nib, Lamy Nexx M F nib.

The comparison inks were swabbed with a cotton bud and their ink names were written with a glass dip pen.

I consider Electric Pink a well-behaved ink. I didn’t experience any ignition or clogging problems with it. Clean-up was easy. No problem at all removing it from hands or pens using soap for hands and plain water for pens.

It is not sold as a water resistant ink but it is reasonably water resistant.

The Mebin UK Notebook I used was supplied by someone on FPN who sold TR 68gsm Notebooks. The paper in the Mebin UK Notebook is quite thick at 95gsm, it’s acid free, and has a really smooth surface with no drag or tooth at all. Inks generally take longer to dry on this paper, so wetter inks tend to pool and I knew that they would show their shimmer well enough for me to photograph the sheen.

The Moleskine Notebook is a UK clone, and I found there was very little spread on it.

• Flow Rate: Very good
  • Lubrication: Very good
  • Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
  • Start-up: Immediate.
  • Saturation: A fairly saturated ink
  • Shading Potential: Very good
  • Sheen: Silver shimmer
  • Show-Through:
    • Tomoe River 52gsm.
    • Cheaper generic 80gsm printer papers & lined pads.
    • Field Notes
  • Spread / Feathering: Not seen
  • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over a week in the pen
  • Staining (pen): Not seen - easy clean-up
  • Staining (hands): Not seen - easy clean-up
  • Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
  • Water resistance: Has some water resistance.
  • Availability: Will be available from Diamine Inks web-site and other outlets.
fpn_1508189317__20171015_diamine_electrifpn_1508189429__20171015_diamine_electri

Back Mebin then Back Moleskine

fpn_1508189365__20171015_diamine_electrifpn_1508189390__20171015_diamine_electri

fpn_1508176520__20171016_diamine_shimmer

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• inkstainedruth

• Bhavna

• Silmaeween

I really like this one a lot, it's a very different pink, almost like lipstick colour in the pink range of course!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

I really like this one a lot, it's a very different pink, almost like lipstick colour in the pink range of course!

It's unusual to see such a saturated pink. :)

Interesting color. Reminds me a bit of De Atramentis Ruby Red, only more saturated. And of course with the shimmer added. This is a maybe....

Thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You're welcome. :) Yes it's unusual to see such a saturated pink. I don't have D.A Ruby Red to compare it with.

Ruby Red (and it's "named" twin Dante Alighieri) is a red that has a lot of pink undertone to it. It's not a "true" red like Diamine Classic Red, but it's pretty, and still definitely red -- not brick or blood red, and not orange or brown leaning. And, like most of the non-Document line De Atramentis, is fairly wet.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ruby Red (and it's "named" twin Dante Alighieri) is a red that has a lot of pink undertone to it. It's not a "true" red like Diamine Classic Red, but it's pretty, and still definitely red -- not brick or blood red, and not orange or brown leaning. And, like most of the non-Document line De Atramentis, is fairly wet.

Ruby Red inks are generally speaking quite 'pinky red inks' so I know what you mean. Sometimes it can be difficult to categorise the difference between a light pinky red and a dark pink. :)

There are many pink inks that are much lighter and much less saturated than Electric Pink. I also swabbed P.E Ruby and that was much lighter. :huh:

• 7 months later...

Hi ! I saw this topic and I am not sure to have really seen others post but I did buy few weeks ago some shimmer inks.

De Atramentis whiskey brown copper which is gorgeous, the color is really pale but the copper shimmer are great and in fact can be nice over a black or brown ink.

I also have the De Atramentis cyan gold which is a huuuuuge disappointement. The cyan is a beautiful color but the gold is annoying (to stay polite) it clog a lot ! First use I had to shake the bottle so hard just to disolve the pigment. I still use it but for a short period of time and with really cheap pens (with stub nibs). No reorder for this one.

P.S. : I know its about De Atramentis, but If you have any advices with a shimmer ink similar in the Diamine brand ? That will be very warm appreciated.

Edited by Silmaeween

• 4 weeks later...

This ink is Diamine Shimmer Electric Pink.

For a whisky/coppery brown shimmer from Diamine try Brandy Dazzle and for a shimmer gold try Golden Sands.