里莜-莜米-Mini ; Its Pink

Mech-for-i

Oh ... this for you ladies ..... :wub:

Well other than all the big names , China do had a school of small independent brand, and many fashion designer brand that made pens, most are OEM of others model but some do have their original design, and sometime you bump into something unique, interesting and well this happen to be one. This is the 里莜-莜米-Mini Fountain Pen. The brand 里莜 curiously had an English name "Liveinyou" No I am not writing it wrong , this is how the brand spell it in one word and " Live in you" is their marketing slogan.

So this is in their 莜米 series , and the model is simply refer to as the Mini Fountain Pen

36992794754_7da630ce25_k.jpg里莜-莜米-Mini in pink ( packaging ) by Mech for i, on Flickr

Clearly pattered after the style of the pocket pen / Vest pen, but its got its own twist. its an all metal construction with a C/C filling ( custom shortened converter ) with a .... ding dong .... hooded nib , and its got eight color option ( Black, White, Pink, Turquoise, Soft Mint, Lemon Yellow, Race Blue, & Cream Beige ). Surprisingly sturdy and well made

and some measurements

9mm/10.2mm girth ( barrel and cap )

102mm uncapped

110.5mm capped

131mm posted

20g weight non inked

37032540733_01f3fce257_k.jpg里莜-莜米-Mini in pink by Mech for i, on Flickr

37703159041_58d26fc56d_k.jpg里莜-莜米-Mini in pink ( posted ) by Mech for i, on Flickr

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mech-for-i

• inkstainedruth

• Tefolim

• Bluey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, hooded nib. And 0.38 usually means EF or F.

I think it is similar to Whitefeather 22/23 clipless mini pen for lady in size.

As I know, Among the state-owned pen factory White feather and Rainbow had hooded nib long section mini pen.

Hero, Wingsung, Golden Star and Guanleming had long section mini pen with other nibs.

And I think private company Chuanren had long section mini pen with triumph nib.

I saw the taobao store, 里莜-莜米's other pens use schimidt nib. I do not know where the hooded nib from. I think the nib is 18.5mm common nib.

The photo is Rainbow 237(mid), WF136 self-fill(71-2's cap, right), and Guiguan 205(left,26 nib)

IMG_20171015_143951.jpg

Edited by Tefolim

I think I've seen some of those vintage pocket pen somewhere and I am sure I got a couple of them, I just had to look for them .. they were mostly marketed as children pen ( like the famous Panda fountain pen ) or ladies pen. Do had a chance to examine one of 里莜 liveinyou 's normal range, while they are not bad pens, they are IMHO not really anything special either, batch production turned acrylic with Schimidt mechanism. This one in concern though caught my eye for having some character. I kind of like its full metal construction; goes with the aim to be pocketable. considering its slim section I would guesstimate that it would be using one of those slim integral feed and that would mean its compatible with any 3.3X18.5mm hooded nib

In fact I bought this as an anniversary gift to our dept secretary in the office. she's a cheeky young lady who's never experience fountain pen and was always saying she want to try one. I end up buying the Pink and the Cream color and fully intent to give her the Pink but she opt for the Cream instead so the Pink one ended up with me .. hack I do not have many pink pen anyway so why not

This 莜米 is a little larger than Rainbow 237.

I have a New Moon with Pink colour, but I am not able to say whether I like the colour. Though it is my only Pink pen. And I think Cream acrylic are better.

It seems Pink seldom appears on Vintage Chinese Fountain Pen but the Children Pen or Toy Pen.

For the ladies? Uh, no.... At least not this one. Even with a hooded nib. Not an attractive shade of pink, for one thing, and the "pocket-ness" of the styling makes it look really ungainly when not actually posted.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Pink is certainly not an easy colour to deal with on fountain pen. the photo do not show it well, but the colour is actually quite OK as a young girlie pink, you know the lively type, not the baby girl pink. As far as pink vintage Chinese pens goes, I do have a few, I think most are student pens but I do recall a couple is just nominal model with this colour. I am sure I had a Gold Star 911 or might be its 901 ; OK , something in that range that is pink lacquered. Personally I would want to see them in the pale pastel baby girl pink instead of these more vivid one.

BTW does the New Moon come in Cream? I am not aware of that, I got the orange one. I do like cream coloured pens.

Pink is certainly not an easy colour to deal with on fountain pen. the photo do not show it well, but the colour is actually quite OK as a young girlie pink, you know the lively type, not the baby girl pink. As far as pink vintage Chinese pens goes, I do have a few, I think most are student pens but I do recall a couple is just nominal model with this colour. I am sure I had a Gold Star 911 or might be its 901 ; OK , something in that range that is pink lacquered. Personally I would want to see them in the pale pastel baby girl pink instead of these more vivid one.

BTW does the New Moon come in Cream? I am not aware of that, I got the orange one. I do like cream coloured pens.

"Young girlie pink" sounds almost as bad. :( Although admittedly nothing as bad as the color of the Champagne Pink Decimo.... :sick:

Don't suppose it's close to the color of the Pelikan M600 LE from a couple of years ago.... That was actually attractive.

I *do* have one pink pen -- it's a Parker Vector and it's a bright pink.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

"Young girlie pink" sounds almost as bad. :( Although admittedly nothing as bad as the color of the Champagne Pink Decimo.... :sick:

Don't suppose it's close to the color of the Pelikan M600 LE from a couple of years ago.... That was actually attractive.

I think you tend to prefer the more purple-y-pink such as the Platinum 3776 Lilas

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/317702-new-platinum-3776-century-nice-lilas/

Ah,I did not explain properly.

New Moon does not have Cream.

If New Moon has Cream colour, I will pleasure it.

In New Moon 2 there was not Cream, too.

that Pelikan, I've actually got one as a gift to my sister, personally I think its more like hot magenta pink .. my sister keep bugging me for giving her that since she think its too radical a color for her ( she's a bit conservative I would say )

And Bluey , no I do not actually like that kind of pink, though I do not dislike it either. if they could made it even paler.

I think you tend to prefer the more purple-y-pink such as the Platinum 3776 Lilas

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/317702-new-platinum-3776-century-nice-lilas/

Nope. And I don't like the pink of the old Esterbrook Pastel series either (which is very similar in color to the "Liveinyou" pen).

Actually, there was a photo someone posted a few years ago of a Sailor (I think) "Hello Kitty" pen. That one was actually attractive -- except for the price ($300 US on eBay). And of course the "Hello Kitty" part.... :angry:

Nope. And I don't like the pink of the old Esterbrook Pastel series either (which is very similar in color to the "Liveinyou" pen).

Actually, there was a photo someone posted a few years ago of a Sailor (I think) "Hello Kitty" pen. That one was actually attractive -- except for the price ($300 US on eBay). And of course the "Hello Kitty" part.... :angry:

I'm surprised by that because it's virtually the same hue as that Pelikan that you love.

And Bluey , no I do not actually like that kind of pink, though I do not dislike it either. if they could made it even paler.

I heard that it's quite difficult to make a true pink in a demonstrator. Personally I would prefer it a lot more if it was somewhat more towards the blue end of the scale.

Translation can do such strange things to brand names. There's no way I can get Liveinyou to suggest anything but a parasite.

I wonder what the meaning would be to a Chinese-speaking person.

ron

As a bilingual ( actually multi-lingual but my junior school days are English and Chinese ) since kinder-garden ; yeah I had my moments of laugh and chuckle when dealing with languages. I guess one of the major grip whatever one language being used to represent another is how one read the single word(s). Of course we know some word can mean different when used in different context, this is true for almost all languages. But usually for someone who only primarily deal with a single language, they usually fall into the trap of single minded interpretation; this is usually the case I've seen in many Chinese dealing with English and also the other way round.

One thing I've found with my fellow East Asian ( Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese ) is that they usually interpret English in too technical a fashion so I hear a lot of times words and sentence with technically ( in theory ) perfect form and words being used as they are but the sentence is something one would consider gibberish; or even downright meaning something else. In short their main fall in using the language is that they were just representing their own home language but using the English words. In old days Hong Kong we call this Chinglish ( Chinese English ) and I know Korean and Japanese had similar terms regarding (mis-)use of the English language.

Liveinyou, for better or worse, I cannot fathom what that might mean even I know both languages ... those artsy designer types ..

As a bilingual ( actually multi-lingual but my junior school days are English and Chinese ) since kinder-garden ; yeah I had my moments of laugh and chuckle when dealing with languages. I guess one of the major grip whatever one language being used to represent another is how one read the single word(s). Of course we know some word can mean different when used in different context, this is true for almost all languages. But usually for someone who only primarily deal with a single language, they usually fall into the trap of single minded interpretation; this is usually the case I've seen in many Chinese dealing with English and also the other way round.

One thing I've found with my fellow East Asian ( Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese ) is that they usually interpret English in too technical a fashion so I hear a lot of times words and sentence with technically ( in theory ) perfect form and words being used as they are but the sentence is something one would consider gibberish; or even downright meaning something else. In short their main fall in using the language is that they were just representing their own home language but using the English words. In old days Hong Kong we call this Chinglish ( Chinese English ) and I know Korean and Japanese had similar terms regarding (mis-)use of the English language.

Liveinyou, for better or worse, I cannot fathom what that might mean even I know both languages ... those artsy designer types ..

I found a song named "Live in you"...

I'm surprised by that because it's virtually the same hue as that Pelikan that you love.

Yes, but because it's got the striations in the binde it's less noticeable.