Cross Models List

jslallar

Dear All,

I am thinking of making a reference list of all cross m\odels with short description and sample pics for ready recognition of the model

Off hand i have listed these models

and your opinion to the models like Star Wars which is basically a Townsend - should they be listed sepparately?/

please add the names of the missing models and i will try and find the relevant info and pics

1. AFFINITY
  2. APOGEE
  3. ATX
  4. AVITAR
  5. AVENTURA
  6. BAILEY
  7. BEVERLEY
  8. BOTANICA
  9. C-SERIES
  10. CALAIS
  11. CENTURY CLASSIC
  12. CENTURY II
  13. CENTURY 2000
  14. PEERLESS
  15. PINNACLE
  16. RADIANCE
  17. SAUVAGE
  18. SOLO
  19. STAR WARS
  20. TECH 3
  21. TOWNSEND
  22. VERVE
  23. YEAR OF THE MONKEY
Edited by jslallar

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jslallar

• max dog

• MrThoth

• AnnaZed

There was also the Metropolis, which I believe was made for them, like the Solo models, by Pilot (not to be confused with the Pilot Metropolitan...).

Their original stylographs from the late 19th century, the Art Deco fountain pen they briefly made in the 1930's, and the 150th Anniversary LE, based on the 1930's pen, that came out in 1996...

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Year of the Monkey is a Sauvage body, like most of the Year pens (up until Rooster).

I have a partly-completed manuscript for a Collector's Guide to the Cross Townsend that includes brief info on the other Cross FPs I've been able to find. I'd be glad to send you a PDF if it would help; just PM me with your e-mail. I've wanted to finish the book and start a corresponding website for it, but just haven't had the time and energy this year.

Cross models I have that I don't see in your list:

Coventry

Dalton

Dubai

Forever Pearl

Helios

Metropolis

Sentiment

Signature

Spire

Stratford

Torero

Edited by MrThoth

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

As a fan of Cross fountain pens I think the reference list is a wonderful idea. I am happy to supply photos if you need. I have 2 Signatures, a Townsend, a Century Classic and Century II.

I only have a couple of Cross pens, both of which are c/c pens. One is a red Solo with black trim, purchased from the estate of a friend who died suddenly. It' a nice way to remember her by -- she and I had several conversations about pens, and a few years ago we commissioned some handmade books from her because I knew I could say "Helen, can you have the paper be fountain pen friendly?"

The other is a Cross Verve I picked up for a buck (!) at a thrift store specializing in donated arts and crafts supplies. I haven't used it much -- just long enough to realize why the model was only on the market for a few years.... :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Missing is the Matrix, which had a fountain pen (or rollerball) at one end, and a red/blue ball pen at the other. A rare beast but one I possess.

There is the Century Signet ball points/mech pencils in Sterling (3 bands), 18K gf (4 bands), Platinum (4 bands), 18K (5 bands) from around 2008 for a few years.

Edited by max dog

Edge (fat stubby bps)

Advantage with the "switch it" 0.7 mm pencil converters.

X-Series

Click

Contour

Edited by max dog

• 1 year later...

Any chance that I could find a list like this with dates somewhere? I've been Googling like a person possessed and not found such a thing. I bought this lovely Cross Pen and wonder what year it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cross-1-20-10K-Gold-Filled-Fountain-Pen-14K-Nib-Never-Used-/153528124301

Unfortunately finding the year of production on a Cross pen, or even a range of years, is usually next to impossible. They don't publish that information (AFAIK), nor do they publish a table showing the correspondence between serial numbers and date of production. I can tell you when a few makes of Cross Townsend were produced, but that's about it.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon