What Is Your Favorite Clear/transparent Pen?

tgoto

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• pajaro

• senzen

• amk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm currently still crazy over my Conid Bulkfiller. Even the demonstrators now come with a black section, but you can get a clear one if you specify it. Here in pre-ink pristine clarity...

34493010884_7af9ffe8aa_c.jpg

I'm currently still crazy over my Conid Bulkfiller. Even the demonstrators now come with a black section, but you can get a clear one if you specify it. Here in pre-ink pristine clarity...

34493010884_7af9ffe8aa_c.jpg

I love your pen's configuration...really cool :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Sheaffer school/cartridge pen from the 1960s.

TWSBI Eco.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Sheaffer school/cartridge pen from the 1960s.

TWSBI Eco.

Both pens are nice!

Sheaffer pen looks so timeless. I wonder if that pen can be an eyedropper...

I dunno. It's a piston filler. And you know what that would lead to -- $400 US Pelikans.... :lol:

Oh, wait, I had a Pelikan before someone gave me a 717i.... Never mind.

(Isn't being an enabler fun?)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Hahaha

Yes, it could be dangerous...leading to more and more :)

I once thought I would stop getting clear pens when I acquired Franklin Christoph P66 in Italian Ice. It is a beautiful pen. I got one at SF this year, and I have been happy....except now I want more pens :P

• Waterman Kultur - various colours, clear, blue, orange, yellow, red, pink... This is a fantastic pen. I just wish I could get one with a broad nib; they only seem to come in F and M. Still available in French supermarkets for just ten euros. It's cartridge/converter but can be eyedroppered if you can fill the hole in the end of the barrel with epoxy (so I'm told, I haven't tried).

I've long been interested by the Kultur, but do they evaporate quickly? If so is there an easy way to fix it?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Yeah tgoto, "I thought I would stop...." are famous last words! I thought that a *very* large number of pens ago....

Hahaha yeah it never gets old...

It's more like,

"I was supposed to stop but never wanted to stop." lol

I haven't found any problems with the Kulturs I own - but then they're my desk pens so like my Edison Colliers they get a lot of exercise when they're in rotation. The answer may be to use a fairly wet ink, as I generally do.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I've long been interested by the Kultur, but do they evaporate quickly? If so is there an easy way to fix it?

I have had problems with them drying out. I left one at my bar for tasting notes, and one at my desk because it was too sentimental to carry around. Both were left nib-up, but dried out on their own when unused for a few weeks.

I don't know of a way to fix that. I presume it's a problem with the cap's seal. I haven't had this problem with my Pilot Prera or Lamy 2000 or Additive Pen -- so clearly it's possible to make snap caps that seal well, but the Kultur doesn't :(

They're great pens if used regularly though.

They are crazy looking! Amazing what a 3D printing can do. I am 120% sure my daughters will take it away from me if I get one lol.

I have a few that I like a lot: Additive Pens double helix is awesome. Have had it since August. Also love my Visconti HS London Fog. All my TWSBIs. 580s, minis, and Ecos. And although it's not completely clear, I like my blue Platinum 3776.

I have a few that I like a lot: Additive Pens double helix is awesome. Have had it since August. Also love my Visconti HS London Fog. All my TWSBIs. 580s, minis, and Ecos. And although it's not completely clear, I like my blue Platinum 3776.

Nice pens you have!

I love Platinum :)

The London Fog is heavenly...

I often hear that Visconti has inconsistent quality check on the nibs. Did you have to get yours adjusted/polished?

If I stretch your definition a bit, I'd say I really like this Bexley Sheherezade set of FP and RB. While not transparent, it does have some areas that are at least translucent and some that are fairly clear. For a totally clear true demonstrator,

http://www.fototime.com/%7B18F29AA2-341F-4067-A245-8770E080D631%7D/origpict/IMG_0307.JPG

I'd say my favorite is the Pelikan 805 version without engravings. I am very partial to this one because it has a BB nib that writes like a dream.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B4AADBE9E-7BF9-462F-8C93-FBC327CCC9F1%7D/origpict/IMG_0309.JPG

My new favorite Visconti Ti Skelton

post-5351-0-84279500-1508339717_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

The section and barrel continuity of shape is very nice. The color is elegant.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

If I stretch your definition a bit, I'd say I really like this Bexley Sheherezade set of FP and RB. While not transparent, it does have some areas that are at least translucent and some that are fairly clear. For a totally clear true demonstrator,

I'd say my favorite is the Pelikan 805 version without engravings. I am very partial to this one because it has a BB nib that writes like a dream.

They are really nice pens! I generally love clear pens whether they are entirely or partially clear :)

That is really nice! Cool color too.