What Is Your Favorite Clear/transparent Pen?

tgoto

Of the pens I own, my favorite transparent ones are my F-C p66 and my Nemosine Singularity demonstrator. Both are great as eyedroppers.

Yes! p66 is great! I need to try Nemosine soon :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• senzen

• inkstainedruth

• amk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWSBI 580 Diamond is my favorite. Also, surprisingly, Lamy vista. In photos pen just didn't look great, but when I went to Lamy store and saw it, I bought it. It just much better looking in person than in photos.

TWISBI has many clear pens. Diamond looks nice!

Generally I love all Lamy's :) (I haven't tried the retractable pen though...)

FC Stabilis 66 in antique glass. I also like my twsbi mini quite a bit.

I love p66 but since I use the pen at home, Stabilis 66 might have been the better choice for me as it holds more ink. Antique glass is a great material :)

Is the TWISBI mini the one with threaded barrel to secure the cap posted? I love threaded barrel so that I don't lose the cap easily :D

At this time, I have two: an orange tip Pilot Prera CM, and a smoke Nemosine Singularity 0.8mm stub. Of them, I prefer the Pilot; it behaves better overall, and unlike the Singularity, its cap lip has not suffered cracks and chips.

My 90s Pelikan M200, which has a wonderful ink window, is going to be on hiatus until such time as I can afford a replacement cap. At that point, it'll become a desk denizen, as its cap has been replaced a half-dozen times or more, at no charge, by Charpak and Pelikan SRW. Such free replacements will not be forthcoming any longer, and I just have no idea what it is that I do that leads to cap failure.

I love the color tips on the Preras. They make the pens look delicious :)

The cap cracks you are experiencing on M200... is that from posting the cap, or is that coming from other design failure?

I think my favorite transparent pens are my Franklin-Christoph ones.

Yes! Their transparent materials are wonderful :)

Which one is your most favorite?

Definitely my Pilot custom heritage 92. Clean lines, sleek, modern, classic style, and a lovely springy nib.

I don't have Pilot pens, but heard their nibs are superb. Which nib type do you have?

The only Japanese pen I have is Sailor Pro Gear but in Naginata Togi...their medium writes like a broad lol

If you like 'em, use 'em ...

fpn_1507510024__s-l300.jpg[

.. try out a new color, enjoy a pallette of colors. A buck a shot for the pen, a buck a shot for mailing. A million Pakistanis can't be wrong!

717i Dollar Pens ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-PISTON-FILLER-DOLLAR-717i-CLEAR-DEMONSTRATOR-FOUNTAIN-PEN-LOT-pack-of-10-/172842140130?hash=item283e31c1e2:g:o~8AAOSwz2lXB8-n

I don't have Pilot pens, but heard their nibs are superb. Which nib type do you have?

The only Japanese pen I have is Sailor Pro Gear but in Naginata Togi...their medium writes like a broad lol

I have the stock medium on mine, but sometimes I use the soft fine-medium that I got on the custom heritage 91.

I have s Sailor pro gear slim, but I find their nibs stiff compared to the Pilot.

Yes! Their transparent materials are wonderful :)

Which one is your most favorite?

I have three. I have a Model 02 in Antique Glass, a Pocket 66 in Ice, and 45XLV in Amber. I like the looks of the Antique Glass the best. The Amber is the easiest to clean. The Ice looks cool but is the hardest of the three to clean.

I have all three setup as eyedropper fill. The texture in the barrel of the pen is mesmerizing to watch the ink slosh around in.

If you like 'em, use 'em ...

.. try out a new color, enjoy a pallette of colors. A buck a shot for the pen, a buck a shot for mailing. A million Pakistanis can't be wrong!

717i Dollar Pens ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-PISTON-FILLER-DOLLAR-717i-CLEAR-DEMONSTRATOR-FOUNTAIN-PEN-LOT-pack-of-10-/172842140130?hash=item283e31c1e2:g:o~8AAOSwz2lXB8-n

How does one even make a fountain pen for under $2? Incredible...

I wonder how the pen writes... this pen will be perfect to distribute to school students to learn how to write with a fountain pen :)

I have the stock medium on mine, but sometimes I use the soft fine-medium that I got on the custom heritage 91.

I have s Sailor pro gear slim, but I find their nibs stiff compared to the Pilot.

Those nibs sound wonderful! If they are as soft or softer than Sailor nibs, I am definitely putting them in my wishlist :)

I have three. I have a Model 02 in Antique Glass, a Pocket 66 in Ice, and 45XLV in Amber. I like the looks of the Antique Glass the best. The Amber is the easiest to clean. The Ice looks cool but is the hardest of the three to clean.

I have all three setup as eyedropper fill. The texture in the barrel of the pen is mesmerizing to watch the ink slosh around in.

So lucky...I love all of those materials.

Antique glass is so beautiful :)

I will try getting that material at the next pen show I attend...

For me it's the Franklin Christoph 02 Smoke & Ice. It's not absolutely transparent but it begs to be used as an eyedropper. Practically speaking my Pilot CH 92 Orange Fine Medium sees more use, but I rather like the FC 02 Smoke & Ice.

The Nemosine Singularity Clear Transparent is a good contender - it's inexpensive and the 0.6 stub is quite nice.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

How does one even make a fountain pen for under $2? Incredible...

I wonder how the pen writes... this pen will be perfect to distribute to school students to learn how to write with a fountain pen :)

It is, indeed, a school pen. And this is in Urdu!

For me it's the Franklin Christoph 02 Smoke & Ice. It's not absolutely transparent but it begs to be used as an eyedropper. Practically speaking my Pilot CH 92 Orange Fine Medium sees more use, but I rather like the FC 02 Smoke & Ice.

The Nemosine Singularity Clear Transparent is a good contender - it's inexpensive and the 0.6 stub is quite nice.

Indeed...FC's smoke and ice is very nice. The frost effect adds great characters.

Inexpensive stub with clear body is very intriguing :)

It is, indeed, a school pen. And this is in Urdu!

And they offer free shipping... I should get them, just to give away to my co-workers.

Some don't know how to use a fountain pen... good education :)

Visconti Opera Crystal.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

Visconti Opera Crystal.

David

That is a beautiful pen!

I like a clear pen if there's something interesting to look at inside. So something like a Vac700, perhaps a Conid Bulkfiller. I've got a Pelikan L65 in the mail, looking forwards to seeing what's going on inside that fella.