What Is Your Favorite Clear/transparent Pen?

tgoto

I have a thing about clear/transparent pens.

They don't necessary have to be a demonstrator, but any clear parts attract me.

My favorites so far are Omas 630, Franklin Christoph P66 with Italian Ice and Stipula Etruria Blue.

What is your favorite clear/transparent pen(s)?

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• senzen

• inkstainedruth

• amk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parker 51 demonstrators, factory or craftsman creations. As a bonus you can see this odd filling system work. Pelikan M20X also.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Parker 51 demonstrators, factory or craftsman creations. As a bonus you can see this odd filling system work. Pelikan M20X also.

Absolutely! 51 demonstrators are heavenly. I wish I could own one of them :) I need to stop buying other pens and save up for one.

I know I need at least one Pelikan. I have this fear that if I start one, I will keep wanting more...lol

Absolutely! 51 demonstrators are heavenly. I wish I could own one of them :) I need to stop buying other pens and save up for one.

I know I need at least one Pelikan. I have this fear that if I start one, I will keep wanting more...lol

Pelikans are fast breeding birds. :)

Khan M. Ilyas

For me, it would have to be the Sailor HighAce Neo Clear. It comes with either a black or silver metal cap. The barrel is clear, the section has a grey tint but the feed is clear; the silver nib reflects light back through the layer of ink between the nib and feed so you have a column of color stretching from the bottom of the cartridge up to the tip of the feed. It's quite a striking effect. Here's an ebay listing for the pen which, unfortunately, doesn't show it inked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-HighAce-Neo-Clear-Fountain-Pen-Black-2-Ink-Cartridge-/112302187466?epid=2254346928&hash=item1a25bb63ca:g:xkwAAOSwdGFYoZZt

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

The Pelikan M805 looks perfect to me, but is three times the maximum price I'd pay for a pen; Sailor also makes a few demonstrators, at even more ludicrous prices; my 7 Lamy Vistas work fine, one of my two Platinum Cools also works fine, with a particularly smooth nib, the other one... When it starts without issue, even after many cleanings. Sailor Souten seems to help but after trying several inks I'm not holding my breath. The Cools have a clear feed, which makes lighter inks look spectacular, but for some reason the cap has a white sleeve, which doesn't even seem to do much for evaporation and breaks the style; but they were 30 something bucks.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I'd never seen those before, very nice!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Pelikans are fast breeding birds. :)

I am not sure if I am ready, but am so attracted to them...it's a matter of time lol

For me, it would have to be the Sailor HighAce Neo Clear. It comes with either a black or silver metal cap. The barrel is clear, the section has a grey tint but the feed is clear; the silver nib reflects light back through the layer of ink between the nib and feed so you have a column of color stretching from the bottom of the cartridge up to the tip of the feed. It's quite a striking effect. Here's an ebay listing for the pen which, unfortunately, doesn't show it inked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-HighAce-Neo-Clear-Fountain-Pen-Black-2-Ink-Cartridge-/112302187466?epid=2254346928&hash=item1a25bb63ca:g:xkwAAOSwdGFYoZZt

Absolutely! I have a silver one...actually my daughter took it away from me :P. I like the pen because it has a clear feed too. I need to get another one and try injecting clear resin to make it an eyedropper :)

The Pelikan M805 looks perfect to me, but is three times the maximum price I'd pay for a pen; Sailor also makes a few demonstrators, at even more ludicrous prices; my 7 Lamy Vistas work fine, one of my two Platinum Cools also works fine, with a particularly smooth nib, the other one... When it starts without issue, even after many cleanings. Sailor Souten seems to help but after trying several inks I'm not holding my breath. The Cools have a clear feed, which makes lighter inks look spectacular, but for some reason the cap has a white sleeve, which doesn't even seem to do much for evaporation and breaks the style; but they were 30 something bucks.

The Cools looks very nice! I can't believe I didn't know about this pen...

Additive Pens' stuff, although I don't have any of them.

They are crazy looking! Amazing what a 3D printing can do. I am 120% sure my daughters will take it away from me if I get one lol.

Of the pens I own, my favorite transparent ones are my F-C p66 and my Nemosine Singularity demonstrator. Both are great as eyedroppers.

TWSBI 580 Diamond is my favorite. Also, surprisingly, Lamy vista. In photos pen just didn't look great, but when I went to Lamy store and saw it, I bought it. It just much better looking in person than in photos.

I have a few transparent pens that I'm fond of. Here are 2 of mine that l especially like the look of (middle of pic): my Sailor Pro Gear Realo demo, with Naginata-Togi nib, and my Platinum 3776 Yamanaka.

I have several Platinum Cools and all write brilliantly, with slightly springy nibs. Great pens for such a low price.

post-100486-0-09735300-1507496084_thumb.jpg

Verba volant, scripta manent

At this time, I have two: an orange tip Pilot Prera CM, and a smoke Nemosine Singularity 0.8mm stub. Of them, I prefer the Pilot; it behaves better overall, and unlike the Singularity, its cap lip has not suffered cracks and chips.

My 90s Pelikan M200, which has a wonderful ink window, is going to be on hiatus until such time as I can afford a replacement cap. At that point, it'll become a desk denizen, as its cap has been replaced a half-dozen times or more, at no charge, by Charpak and Pelikan SRW. Such free replacements will not be forthcoming any longer, and I just have no idea what it is that I do that leads to cap failure.