Your Favorite Pen You Have (With A Twist)

sub_bluesy

Not exactly your prettiest pen or your best writer but the pen that you get along with the best. The one you would never flip for whatever reasons ignoring sentimental value. An absolute keeper. For me it's my Omas Paragon Ludovico Einaudi signature edition with a broad nib.

I know we have pens on the opposite spectrum that have been combative every step of the way for no reason at all. I have one in mind right now so there must be something to this both positive and negative.

I ordered this Omas new after they went under. It was one of their last pens and the only year of the "signature" collection as far as I know. I got the pen from a retailer in Germany about a year ago. The deal almost didn't go through though due to a clash in price and some translation issues but cooler heads prevailed, and I'm glad they did! I've never had a seller simply respond to a reasonable offer with just "no". Then there was the USD to Euro exchange rate. Lots of obstacles in this transaction.

This is the only Omas in my collection that was tuned at the factory and it's just perfect! It's never had a bad day and looks great no matter what. Always a perfect writer regardless of ink. It's even my girlfriend's favorite pen, connoisseur of pilot G2's with only a Platinum Preppy to her name. There's something about this pen. I swear it was blessed by the Pope himself! Let's hear your stories of special pens that can do no wrong!

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• senzen

• mitto

• AmandaW

• bigalpaca

The pen that I almost all the time take with me is a Pilot Vanishing Point. Also I frecuently carry a Pelikan Souveran M400 from the nineties that writes veery sooth and It was purchased as a bargain for £85 pounds.

Oh, where to begin? Most of my Parker 51s, especially the Plum Demi and Midnight Blue Aeros. Most of the Pelikans. A lot of other pens in the stash: the black 45 has one of the best nibs; the Vectors are little workhorses; the Dark Lilac Safari might be the best color; the gold-filled filigree overlay Morrison ringtops are beautiful; the Cross Solo is a sentimental favorite (belonged to a friend of mine, and I bought it from her estate, plus it's a very smooth writer).

But absolutely, without a doubt, hands down, I'd have to say the 1937 Parker Red Shadow Wave Vacumatic Junior. Perfect size, beautiful pen (it's a 1st Generation, lockdown filler), great F nib. That pen has been in constant rotation for over 2 years now, with nary a hiccup. No cleaning, no futzing with the nib, nothing. Just refilling the pen when I run out of ink, or think it's getting low, with Waterman Mysterious Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

For me it is my Lamy 2000 with a medium nib. One with a fine nib was my first fountain pen, but I like the medium nib much more. It holds a lot of sentimental value, and it checks all my boxes: the design, piston filler, lightweight and perfectly balanced, and a great writer.

For me it's my wartime/just post war Montblanc button-fill with a steel nib. It could never be called 'pretty' and it's probably not the smoothest writer I have, but it is the one that I always grab first.

Post redacted by author pending outcome of mental competency hearing.

- A.C.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

I am not going to name my entire collection including the sink I dump the ink out into. I will just say my first Parker 51, midnight blue, full size. The midnight blue 51 ballpoint makes it a team.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Not exactly your prettiest pen or your best writer but the pen that you get along with the best. The one you would never flip for whatever reasons ignoring sentimental value. An absolute keeper. For me it's my Omas Paragon Ludovico Einaudi signature edition with a broad nib.

That is one good looking pen! I would have to go for reliability, and my Pelikan M400 wins hands down, followed by my newest one, a Sailor Pro Gear and Waterman le Man 100. But it probably says something that my favorite ink is in the Sailor.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

My favourite pen is a smoky Pilot Custom Heritage 92 with a fine nib. I am usually pretty low key about auctions because I really don't like the process - I calculate what I can afford to pay, bid and walk away without looking again. This one I increased my bid a little. Several times. :blush:

The seller was another Australian and in the listing said he was reluctantly letting the pen go to fund the purchase of a Conild Bulkfiller. Needless to say the pen is perfect - it wrote beautifully straight out of the box - if any tuning was needed it had already been done.

I have it filled with R&K Sepia - perfect for both drawing and writing - it's a constant companion. I sometimes wonder if the previous owner is an FPN member. If so: thankyou.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

My P51s regardless of barrel and hood colors and/or cap combination. I feel joyous using my P51s whose nibs i have tuned myself.

Khan M. Ilyas

My favorites? The short list has to include the following:

Pelikan 140 F

Pelikan M200 blue marbled OB

Pelikan M200 Cognac F

Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne B

I could add a few more to a short list, but these are probably the top four. If I had to go five, the fifth would probably be my TWSBI 580 with B Tomahawk stub nib by ArtsNibs.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Not quite but I would name my Hero 330 and my Montblanc 114 as my favourites. That is disregarding a number of others that endear me even more ; and for , yes , primarily sentimental reasons. Actually none of them are the best in my cache by any mean but they just work and feel right in my hand