Memory

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicolaWhiting

• alwayssunnyalwaysreal

• Memory

Makes me wonder if they will introduce this coloured special edition on the 580 AL later. At the moment I collect the 580 AL only, but I love this new colour.

Selling part of my pen and ink collection: https://alwayssunnyalwaysreal.wordpress.com/for-sale/

Aurora Optima Mare | Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline (SOLD) | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Antique Glass (SOLD)

Graf von Faber-Castell Classic Grenadilla (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black/Rosé (SOLD) | Karas Kustoms Ink Red Aluminum (SOLD) | Lamy 2000 (SOLD) | Lamy AL-star CopperOrange | Lamy Scala Dark Violet | Lamy Scala Glacier | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech (SOLD) | Omas Ogiva Alba Green

Parker IM Midnight Astral | Pelikan Classic M120 Iconic Blue | Pelikan Classic M200 Demonstrator | Pelikan Classic M200 Green-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Classic M205 Blue-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green/Black-Red/Tortoiseshell-White (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortsoiseshell-White | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M600 Violet-White | Pelikan Souverän M605 Solid Dark Blue | Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M1000 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium (SOLD)

Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur | Sailor 1911L Anchor Gray/Fresca Blue/Key Lime/Royal Tangerine/Stormy Sea (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | Sailor Professional Gear Slim Four Seasons Yukitsubaki Snow Camellia (SOLD) | TWSBI ECO Transparent Green | TWSBI ECO Transparent Yellow | TWSBI Diamond 580AL Blue/Lava Orange (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | Visconti Van Gogh Sunflowers (SOLD) | Waterman Carène Ombres et Lumières | AND MORE!

I am really excited about this release because I collect the TWSBI mini pens. The only one i can't seem to get my hands on, because it was released before i got into fountain pens, is the white and rose gold.

FYI if you haven't ordered yet. Birmingham Pens (in Pittsburgh PA) has them for $60 XF through 1.1, with free shipping.

I am not associated with them beyond being a happy customer.

FYI if you haven't ordered yet. Birmingham Pens (in Pittsburgh PA) has them for $60 XF through 1.1, with free shipping.

I am not associated with them beyond being a happy customer.

I would be cautious about ordering from them. When the Turquoise 580 was released, they had a deal that gave free shipping and some ink for orders above a certain minimum amount. With that in mind, I added the Turquoise 580 to my cart and spent some time browsing their website to add some items to get me above the minimum order for the free shipping and ink promotion. I immediately received a confirmation email for placing my order. Then a day or two later I received a small refund notice from PayPal and a few hours after that ... an additional email from Birmingham Pens stating they couldn't fulfill my Turquoise 580 order as they didn't have it in stock ... but they had already shipped out the other items. It would have been better if they called or emailed me to discuss the order because some of the reasons I added those additional items to my cart was because of the promo ... and to be honest, I like to give as much business as possible when I order from any online store, wallet permitting. So I got the other stuff in the mail, but had to order the Turquoise 580 from another online store. I should have just ordered from a different online store in the first place.

Birmingham Pens seems to be a good place, just wished they gave me the option to cancel the entire order ... it would have been nice to be given that option. Just wanted to share my experience. I will still order from them, but in the back of my mind I will think that perhaps I might not get all the items I order as their website inventory isn't totally accurate.

Please take this information with a grain of salt as everyone has different experiences and different opinions. Thank you.

Edited by 888007888

I would be cautious about ordering from them. When the Turquoise 580 was released, they had a deal that gave free shipping and some ink for orders above a certain minimum amount. With that in mind, I added the Turquoise 580 to my cart and spent some time browsing their website to add some items to get me above the minimum order for the free shipping and ink promotion. I immediately received a confirmation email for placing my order. Then a day or two later I received a small refund notice from PayPal and a few hours after that ... an additional email from Birmingham Pens stating they couldn't fulfill my Turquoise 580 order as they didn't have it in stock ... but they had already shipped out the other items. It would have been better if they called or emailed me to discuss the order because some of the reasons I added those additional items to my cart was because of the promo ... and to be honest, I like to give as much business as possible when I order from any online store, wallet permitting. So I got the other stuff in the mail, but had to order the Turquoise 580 from another online store. I should have just ordered from a different online store in the first place.

Birmingham Pens seems to be a good place, just wished they gave me the option to cancel the entire order ... it would have been nice to be given that option. Just wanted to share my experience. I will still order from them, but in the back of my mind I will think that perhaps I might not get all the items I order as their website inventory isn't totally accurate.

Please take this information with a grain of salt as everyone has different experiences and different opinions. Thank you.

Birmingham Pens is local for me. But as much as I like going in there, it is a really small store. As a result, very often stuff is out of stock, or in the warehouse. And the B&M is only open 1 day a week. :( And the neighborhood they're in probably has very high rents, even where they are (half a block off one the main drag business districts where there are lots of higher end retail clothing stores and such). You kinda half to know where the store is because it's NOT on Walnut Street. And the parking is pretty awful in that neighborhood anyway -- either metered street parking (and Pittsburgh's parking rates are somewhat notoriously high); parking in the garage or one of the lots (also metered, and in the lot you're more likely to get a ticket) -- which are also further away; or (my fingers crossed solution every time I go there) park in one of the residential street parking zones and hope you're not long there long enough for someone to notice you don't have a sticker in your window. And then walk a couple of blocks. You're going to be walking at least a block or two regardless, because there is zero street parking on the road where they're located.

I can't imagine how a niche business can stay afloat when they have all that stacked against them AND are only open on Saturday afternoon.

I'll admit that a couple of times I've gone in there and whined at Nick because they were out of something (I think I was there 3 separate times before they got Diamine Oxford Blue back in stock and he held a bottle aside for me).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Reporting back from my Birmingham Pen order from 10/19/2017. I felt like I had to give this shop another chance after my most recent post on this thread. A few minutes after my post I decided to use them again to order the Gold Mini. All the while, in the back of my mind, I wasn't sure if my order was going to be processed based on my previous experience. Thus, I ordered 2 pens just in case they decided to only ship 1 of the pens ordered. Realizing this is not the ideal way to think when one places an online order, it was understandable for me due to my most recent dealings with the seller.

Well I'm happy to report back that both pens arrived today along with a personal note from the one man pen shop thanking me for my 2nd order. I am now a happy customer and will continue to use this shop for future orders. Perhaps my 1st order was a missed service opportunity. Every seller deserves a second chance and I'm happy that I gave this one a second try.

Can't wait to use my new pens. It's going to be a while as I have recently purchased 4 pens in this past week alone. The rabbit hole is deep ...

Edited by 888007888

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how often TWSBI releases a LE for the mini? They're the right size for my hands but I'm not in love with the clear or black.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how often TWSBI releases a LE for the mini? They're the right size for my hands but I'm not in love with the clear or black.

So far, to my knowledge, only the gold Mini-AL - oh, and the rose-gold Mini with white cap that came out a few years ago. But if they've done it before, there's at least some chance they may do so again?

So far, to my knowledge, only the gold Mini-AL - oh, and the rose-gold Mini with white cap that came out a few years ago. But if they've done it before, there's at least some chance they may do so again?

And the Blue Mini-AL from last year.

Verba volant, scripta manent