Week #39 / 24 Sep: Undiluted Love - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

I haven't been to any performances of it, not yet, but perhaps one day I will. :)

I hope you had your camera set to make *click* camera sounds with each shot you took

Edited by Scribs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• Tas

• Newjelan

• LizEF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newjelan wrote my thoughts exactly! I like saturated, bright inks with shading, sheen and the whole lot.

Anyway I’ll have an ink to propose here, but I'm away from my ink stash so that will have to wait until saturday

The Montblanc Swift ink actually looks not bad at all!.. it looks like an interesting grey-green. i see nice sketches with this. Foggy mountains maybe?

"meh"!? Blasphemy! ;) (I love that color, including its washed-out-ness.)

It's just like a slightly darker version of Seitz Kreuznach Tundra Green (which I hate)...

. . . which I LOVE :wub:

Isn't it wonderful that we we love and loathe different inks?

Newjelan wrote my thoughts exactly! I like saturated, bright inks with shading, sheen and the whole lot.

Anyway I’ll have an ink to propose here, but I'm away from my ink stash so that will have to wait until saturday

The Montblanc Swift ink actually looks not bad at all!.. it looks like an interesting grey-green. i see nice sketches with this. Foggy mountains maybe?

Swift is an Ok ink, and can be interesting in a wet pen. I'm currently using it in the drier Platinum, on cream Rhodia and it looks more like a washed out grey. (I am a fan of grey and grey-green inks but I find pen and paper are especially important.)

Swift is an Ok ink, and can be interesting in a wet pen. I'm currently using it in the drier Platinum, on cream Rhodia and it looks more like a washed out grey. (I am a fan of grey and grey-green inks but I find pen and paper are especially important.)

I feel the same about Diamine Silver Fox, if you've ever seen that one.

Isn't it wonderful that we we love and loathe different inks?

Quite right.

Oh, and by the way: has anyone seen any of those computer "personality tests" that have you rank colors, and then it spits out a personality type based on your rankings? Do those programs still exist, I wonder?

My least saturated ink is -oh surprise- an ink by J. Herbin; the "subtle" lavender scented blue ink

One of those: https://www.jherbin.com/fountain_pen_inks.html#scented

Not a terrible ink, actually a very decent one, but I don't think it's anybody's favourite either. What lets it down is mostly that it doesn't quite deliver on its promises; it doesn't smell like 'lavender', and it's not really 'blue' - it starts as a fairly normal blue, but fades as it dries and ends up a pale, almost light purple after a little while - very much reminiscent of lavender indeed!

interesting color, just a bit too subdued for me.

Photo:

63156320170930141146b.jpg

Zoom:

37816520170930141159b.jpg

Zoom, 20 mins later

35922020170930150108b.jpg[

I feel almost the same about it as you do —I'm perhaps a little more disappointed in this ink. Not the worst I've ever used, but nothing special and, as you say, it does not smell like lavender and the blue color is dull and lifeless.

Of the scented J. Herbin inks, I do like Ambre (orange flower scent), Brune (cocoa scent), and Rouge (rose water scent). Except for Brune —which is somewhat thick and rich—, the others tend to be very light.

I feel the same about Diamine Silver Fox, if you've ever seen that one.

Yes, I do have it. I like it in a wet pen and “brilliant white” paper.

This pen had been unused for a few days, and I suspect that makes it look darker than usual. It is normally just barely legible.

post-135679-0-69651300-1507220579_thumb.jpg

One of my favorites. It is generally light, but I accidentally added a couple of drops of Kin-mokusei to the bottle of Sakura-mori, and it really brought out a completely unexpected richness in it. Love it even more now.

Ooooh, even peachier! I don't have Kin-Mokusei, but may try another orange. Why are accidental, unmeasured mixtures always the best?

• 3 months later...

I no longer own Fuyu Syogun otherwise I'd have added it here.

I do like desaturated inks. I find them easier on my eyes B) but they must leave some kind of legible line behind from a fine nib.

For that reason, I really like Platinum's no nonsense Blue Black and will add a bottle to the drawer when my cartridges run out.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_week_39_platinum_blue_black.jpeg

Platinum 3776 F nib.

Tas, I saw Agnes Martin's Untitled 1 at Centre Pompidou today and instantly thought of your sketch.

thumb_large.jpg

Tas, I saw Agnes Martin's Untitled 1 at Centre Pompidou today and instantly thought of your sketch.

Wow.

I think there's something quite special about that piece :wub: I'd never seen it until now. I only knew of "Rose".

Hope you had a wonderful, inspirational time there.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Wow.

I think there's something quite special about that piece :wub: I'd never seen it until now. I only knew of "Rose".

Hope you had a wonderful, inspirational time there.

Thanks for letting me know :)

I love going to Centre Pompidou. I've been there 5 or 6 times. Today I saw a lady wearing an Klein blue coat and I was amused. She was shocked when she passed in front of the IKB painting and looked down at her own coat. :D

Edited by Lgsoltek