New Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 605 White-Transparent

Iguana Sell

It does appear to be very different than the promotion photos. I wonder if I like the idea better than the pen itself.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calabria

• Waltz For Zizi

• BillH

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been discussing the pen with another European vendor who now also has the pen in stock. I sent him the Instagram link posted above. He wrote back that those pictures show the pen much whiter than it is. To his eyes, the color is an ivory white.

We'll see.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

I've been discussing the pen with another European vendor who now also has the pen in stock. I sent him the Instagram link posted above. He wrote back that those pictures show the pen much whiter than it is. To his eyes, the color is an ivory white.

We'll see.

Haven't you noticed how all the pictures posted from vendors are more ivory than in reality?! I mean, the pen is as white as the white tortoise, or the pink one. Not a glacial white, but farrrrrr from any shade of ivory. Close to a glacial white pen you can see a difference, but otherwise you can't. Close to my caran d'ache leman white, this pen is whiter. The leman is actually more ivory than the pel, and yet I've never seen a picture of the Leman being other than white. Not hating though, a nice pen.

If it had any other color stripes, and white parts, I'd be all over it. But it's so unimaginative, like the flock of brown pens. Get over it, there are other colors also, jesus.

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

Get over what? The post above was my first post in this thread, and I simply reported what a well-known and respected vendor told me.

Calm down.

~ George Orwell

Get over what? The post above was my first post in this thread, and I simply reported what a well-known and respected vendor told me.

Calm down.

The last paragraph was meant for Pekilan, not for you, man. They keep making brown pens like there is no other color in the world. And when they make it orange, what do they do, the do the black parts brown.

What is it with you Americans and the snowflake/microagresions, like every wrong word/misunderstanding is an atomic bomb?!

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

:lol:

I think we agree that Pelikan hasn't always shown as much imagination as we'd like them to.

~ George Orwell

Well Goulet has it in stock now, so I got a Fine one. I like white white, so we'll see how it is! At least is isn't brown. I really hate brown so this will be my first Pelikan!

Edited by DasKaltblut

Well goulet has it is stock now, so I got a Fine one. I like white white, so we'll see how it is! At least is isn't brown. I really hate brown so this will be my first Pelikan!

Wow, they got them in quick. Too bad that they don't seem to have their own pictures up yet.

The description of the color at Cult Pens is interesting.

...the striated barrel is a refined mix of all shades of white, ivory and the palest grey, giving it an understated yet stylish look.

Edited by Striated

~ George Orwell

:lol:

I think we agree that Pelikan hasn't always shown as much imagination as we'd like them to.

I see this a lot but I rarely see anyone say what they'd really want to see. I know, this could be a whole new thread on its own :D

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I see this a lot but I rarely see anyone say what they'd really want to see. I know, this could be a whole new thread on its own :D

If they would make an m400/600 with the orange from the m320 from some time ago, that would be mouthwatering. And also all these vibrant colors in medium sizes pens. It looks like the m800 gets 80% of the love.

Seeing that Christmas is around the corner, and we are all of the appropriated age :lol: , we could one of those "Dear Santa..." threads. But this one would be "Dear Pelikan..." :P .

I guess I had in mind fewer brown pens, as WFZ suggested above. ;) Also, I've sort of thought of Pelikan as not being as imaginative in their designs as one of their direct competitors, Montblanc. I have things like the Hitchcock and the Writer Series pens in mind. On the other hand, Pelikans are expensive enough!

As for what I'd like...well, it isn't very imaginative, but I'd love an orange striped M600 or M800 with black cap, section and piston knob.

Edited by Striated

~ George Orwell

I'd love to see a more adventurous marbling - like orange and blue or red and orange, also a spiral stripe design down the barrel would be neat.

Edited by DasKaltblut

Yes, orange would be nice, especially the Orange Marmalade of the little M320 from years back. I agree.

How about reviving the Black Stripe like the old 400 and 400NN only M605 to match the White one?

Or, since MB was mentioned, how about a material similar to the Dumas, in any size?

:wub:

OK, I don't want to hijack the thread... so, I'll just say, I just checked my pre-order and it has not changed. :(

A purple one for me please! Deep, lavender purple. I would also kill for a black/red combo and possibly blue/orange. I wouldnt mind a racing green either.

I'd love to see a more adventurous marbling - like orange and blue or red and orange, also a spiral stripe design down the barrel would be neat.

Yes, orange would be nice, especially the Orange Marmalade of the little M320 from years back. I agree.

You may want to wait until next year. You might be pleasantly surprised....

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I would love: an m600 in orange stripes or burnt orange, m605 white barrel with light grey stripes, or m605 marbled teal (flake). I think racing green stripes would look amazing! If they do the orange I would prefer a slightly darker shade...that's my 'dear pelikan' note. Of course the m600 brown tortoise we mention every year. I have even written to Pelikan to request it.

Next year is promising to be really good for those who want a little more color variety, it seems.

Although, my wallet may disagree.

Edited by Lam1

:lticaptd: you mean, you might want to get a second job before next year...