New Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 605 White-Transparent

Iguana Sell

Meet the new Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 605 White-Transparent.

This new edition is pure and gentle. Its white and partially transparent barrel is created using cellulose acetate and high-grade resin while its trims are refined with palladium coating.

The fountain pen features a 14K gold nib plated in rhodium matching the piece.

Available in fountain pen and rollerball, this shiny and beautiful novelty features a special gift box and it will available by mid October 2017.

Do not wait to make your pre-order emailing us at: info@iguanasell.com

post-39484-0-88870400-1505477271_thumb.jpg

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calabria

• Waltz For Zizi

• BillH

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are both on my buy list also. Not sure about pre-ordering though... trying...to...resist...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Lovely pen! I just am not in a position to purchase it at this time.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

So this is the much whispered pen that will be 'different from all others'? OK, so certainly a different color for a Soo Vee. I think it walks a fine line between striking and boring. Here is my immediate reaction:

Pluses:

• It's a Pelikan so has all the atributes we like
  1. A reliable Pelikan Piston filler
  2. easily cleaned
  3. Nibs interchangeable by a novice
  4. A standard, predictable format
  • It's an M600, that's big on my list, the Goldilocks of sizes.
  • It's an example of at least slightly-out-of-the-box thinking.
  • It is a new color, well sort of new for a striped Pelikan.
  • It's not another brown pen
  • Could be a natural for those in the medical field.

On the down side:

• It may represent out of the box thinking, .... but not far out of that box.
  • White, makes me worry it will show stains easily
  • It may be too stark for EDC use
  • It''s just another souveran, albeit with a color not recently used.
  • It is probably gonna cost waaaaay too much.

It is nice looking but will I by it? Probably not, if I am gonna plunk down M600 money, it is going to have to be something that really spins my cranks, you know, something like a ...Tortoise! (you knew that was coming from me right?).

I hope this will be my 13th Pelikan. I'll have to buy another bird quickly so that I will have 14, can't have just 13!

It's beautiful, but I am on the pen buying sidelines for a while. How long? That is the great unknown right now.

I would have a hard time with a sub $50 pen right now.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

OMG, this is going to be a Holy Grail pen for me.

Paige Paigen

Gemma Seymour, Founder & Designer, Paige Paigen

Daily use pens & ink: TWSBI ECO-T EF, TWSBI ECO 1.1 mm stub italic, Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing

Reminds me a bit of the Polar Lights pen.

greg

You are right, it does. All bright metal trim. It won't be as heavy. I liked the Polar Lights I had. This would be like looking at a polar landscape.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

It looks nice but not a must have for me. I'm gonna wait for the Ocean Swirl. I think this will sell well though. I have a suspicion that this isn't the last we've seen of this pattern. It wouldn't surprise me if Pink and White Transparent got another similarly styled addition to the line up next year in a different color.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Very nice addition to the Pelikan line!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Not bad actually.

But I think I'll pass. This is as close as a Stresseman gets to a demonstrator, and would likely drive me pulling my hair off on first sight of ink / condensation on wrong side of the piston.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

I think it's GORGEOUS, but I won't be buying it.

In my experience, metal bands at the lip of the section are always a PITA to clean. The white plastic will only make things worse.

At this price point, I'd rather buy something that will remain sharp looking for a little longer.

I hope this will be my 13th Pelikan. I'll have to buy another bird quickly so that I will have 14, can't have just 13!

Just pre-ordered this pen. Now for the waiting.

Very striking. Thanks for the close-up Susanna. It looks like the mechanics are white, too. Very classy.

I'm really picky about colors. I'm still not used to the odd cream color on my Cafe Creme, I keep staring at it. The white in the picture is a bit off-white, probably like the M205 white?

I think this would be a really interesting pen to have. But here's the catch - does it fit my personal style? I usually go for stealth black, grey, or blue pens.

Edited by Calabria

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang