Graf Von Faber-Castell Moss Green

lgsoltek

I've never used GvFC inks before. I find them too expensive, and apparently not special enough to justify the price. Visvamitra's reviews of them made me want to try Moss Green and Electric Pink. So here's my review of Moss Green.

The ink is well behaved. Flow is medium to wet, lubrication is okay. Seems to be quite water resistant.

Splash

The splash is probably a tad too yellow.

fpn_1504690686__img_5481_2.jpg

Sample

fpn_1504690431__moss.jpeg

Comparison

I need to compare it with KWZI IG Green #2 and #3. It's possibly quite similar to #2 but I don't have the pen for them yet. I'll be adding comparisons later!

fpn_1504690053__moss_comp.jpeg

Edited by Lgsoltek

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• Tas

• aeba

• FPRebel

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of this ink. I think it's a great everyday ink for those periods when mood dictates something other than the blacks and blues of office life. Dark, elegant, sophisticated, and with enough character set itself (and you) apart.

I've used GvFC's Carbon Black as well, which is really very good, except it smudges insanely after it has dried. Haven't had that issue with the moss green, though.

- P.

I like the splash a lot, but I'm not sure from the text whether this might be too blue a green for my tastes... Thank you for sharing.

I'm a big fan of this ink. I think it's a great everyday ink for those periods when mood dictates something other than the blacks and blues of office life. Dark, elegant, sophisticated, and with enough character set itself (and you) apart.

I've used GvFC's Carbon Black as well, which is really very good, except it smudges insanely after it has dried. Haven't had that issue with the moss green, though.

- P.

Ditto! I love their inks and find them not at all expensive, considering that they come in 75-ml cannisters. Sure, 30-ml issues would likely be more welcome for us all, but, again, it's their bottles themselves (since 2013). IMO the best ink bottles -- especially their lids -- around. Even better than MB's (since late 2009) and CdA's (since early 2009)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

- P.

A few times I did have that issue with Moss Green, but only when the ink was super saturated, like when I hadn't used the pen for a couple of days. I use it with FC Ambition, which is lovely, but tends to dry out quite quickly.

I have a few GvFC inks including Moss Green. It is the one I must have. I find it fairly wet yet well-performed, with a lovely finish on drying. If I were selecting my favourite few inks then Moss Green would be among them. The bottle is a bonus :)

X

Never used a GvFC ink either. Tempted but never enough.

Thank you.

*Snip* Sorry Charlie.

Eh, like we™ always say, buy a sample. Or cartridges. On some papers Moss green has too binary shading for my taste, on some others not. When it doesn't have binary shading, it's quite nice ink.

I also like that it is ISO 12757-2 certified, but I am that person.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Great color! I do like GvFC inks - well, all but the new Violet Blue (love the color, hate the smearing).

I have Hazelnut Brown and Cobalt Blue which are both wonderful colors. I may just have to get this.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Eh, like we™ always say, buy a sample. Or cartridges. On some papers Moss green has too binary shading for my taste, on some others not. When it doesn't have binary shading, it's quite nice ink.

I also like that it is ISO 12757-2 certified, but I am that person.

Doh !

Didn't think to get cartridges as samples

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_dunce_hat.jpg

Doh !

Didn't think to get cartridges as samples

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_dunce_hat.jpg

Good, gooooood. My job here is done. *Evil laugh*

Nice doofus doodle...

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

• 2 weeks later...

I've never used GvFC inks before. I find them too expensive, and apparently not special enough to justify the price. Visvamitra's reviews of them made me want to try Moss Green and Electric Pink. So here's my review of Moss Green.

The ink is well behaved. Flow is medium to wet, lubrication is okay. Seems to be quite water resistant.

Splash

The splash is probably a tad too yellow.

Sample

Comparison

I need to compare it with KWZI IG Green #2 and #3. It's possibly quite similar to #2 but I don't have the pen for them yet. I'll be adding comparisons later!

What a great review of beautiful ink(s)! Many thanks to you and Vis my short list no longer is.

How did you concentrate SHB to 200%?

What a great review of beautiful ink(s)! Many thanks to you and Vis my short list no longer is.

How did you concentrate SHB to 200%?

Actually it's the upcoming Blackstone SHB concentrate. It comes as gel in a bottle, and adding 30ml water will make it the same saturation as the commercial liquid version. My 200% has 15ml water added to it.

I like the splash a lot, but I'm not sure from the text whether this might be too blue a green for my tastes... Thank you for sharing.

Yup! I completely agree with you, in the sheen is complex, there is violet!

So I'm the oddball in liking the greens with plenty of blue in them. This looks like a true emerald green, not moss, and thank goodness for that. Moss is icky and creepy.