Parker Vacumatics Photo Thread

PenHero

Here's a scarce one. The Holy Water Vac from the 30s. Also available in black.

EYNQJ1G.jpg

These are the ones I like best.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian-McQueen

• PenHero

• FarmBoy

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another Canadian Vac., and this is more by way of asking for help as to the correct model name please. Silver pearl with non-g.p. clip and cap band - blue diamond is right up on the very top of the clip as you'd expect, and nib imprint reads 14 k PARKER CANADA and underneath the figure 6.

This probably confirms the barrel date code which shows the same 6 with small dash both to the left and underneath, so I'm thinking second quarter 1946. Pen looks to measure 134/135 mm.

There appear to be several possibilities for a name - Major, Long Major, Maxima or possibly something else entirely perhaps - and grateful if anyone is able to provide the correct name for this one. Thanks.

I have a dozen or so Vacumatics but I love the unusual nib on this Canadian lockdown Vacumatic of mine. A BROAD stub and at the same time a full flex nib. And the unusual shape of the nib add to the charm of the nib. The pen is burgundy with the body colored cap and blind cap jewels.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/319799-vacumatic-bbbbb-flexible-stub-nib/?do=findComment&comment=3815497

Khan M. Ilyas

I have a couple of fun ones. This black set is rather unusual. It's the counterpart to the infamous Overmax (an oversize with a Maxima capband). This pen has a Senior Maxima cap and barrel assembly with triple capbands from the earlier oversize. Think of it as an overgrown relative of the Streamlined Standard. A rather neat pen.

ImWKxMQ.jpg?1

There's also these two, which are not strictly Vacumatics (even though they use a Vacumatic filling system. This is a debadged Parker marked version of a Diamond Medal Vacu-Fil and the matching Diamond Medal version. These were made by Parker for sale as Diamond Medals and have lockdown Vac fillers. They pop up in a variety of patterns, most notably in Gold, Silver, and Green Web (I'd like one of these if someone has a spare).

W0p6z1Rm.jpg

And of course, for more normal Vacumatics, it doesn't get much better than first generation Golden Pearl with near perfect barrel clarity.

AwkSmUHm.jpg

Weeeeeeeeee! Vacumatics!

Did someone say Holy Water Sprinkler? Buzz J I'm looking at you

27232905234_ab6fa83b72_k.jpg

How about some pens slated for use by a member of the Wisconsin Legislature?

35043306430_25f26bf2c2_k.jpg

Some blues?

36674883962_1eb8db6095_b.jpg

Some late reds (1950s Canada)

30121857275_ff4635cce8_b.jpg

And.... a Thermometer Holder

27233140933_2cdd611528_b.jpg

Edited by BrianMcQueen

Weeeeeeeeee! Vacumatics!

Did someone say Holy Water Sprinkler? Buzz J I'm looking at you

27232905234_ab6fa83b72_k.jpg

How about some pens slated for use by a member of the Wisconsin Legislature?

35043306430_25f26bf2c2_k.jpg

Some blues?

36674883962_1eb8db6095_b.jpg

Some late reds (1950s Canada)

30121857275_ff4635cce8_b.jpg

And.... a Thermometer Holder

27233140933_2cdd611528_b.jpg

I like the Vac's with the Wisconsin Legislature on them. I have 2 P51's [ one a vac & one Aero ] '47 & '57. And that thermometer Vac. wonder where you got that? From me. I am glad it is in good hands.

• 9 months later...

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker Vacumatic Long Major in Laminated Silver Pearl date coded 1946. It's 5 5/16 inches long capped and uses the third generation clear plastic plunger. The Vacumatic fills by removing the blind cap at the end of the barrel, revealing the plunger, dipping the nib in ink, and repeatedly pressing the plunger until the barrel fills with ink. Parker claimed the Vacumatic could be filled with one hand. The barrel clarity is excellent. The barrel is stamped GEO S PARKER next to PARKER VACUMATIC next to MADE IN U.S.A. The Silver Pearl Vacumatic has silver color trim, where the other Vacumatic colors in this line have gold filled trim. Parker called the ink view barrel a "full television ink supply." It has the 14 karat gold Vacumatic Arrow nib. The Long Major sold for $8.75 and the matching pencil sold for $4.00. Parker ended production of the Vacumatic in 1948.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerVacumaticSilver_1280_02.jpg
Thanks!
Edited by PenHero
Corrected model name

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Jotteraddict62/IMG_20180701_144129314_zpsgquun5u1.jpg

Here are my Vac, Debs

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker Vacumatic Major in Laminated Golden Pearl (brown) date coded 1944. It's just over 5 inches long capped and uses the third generation clear plastic plunger. The plunger is yellow with a black top. The Vacumatic fills by removing the blind cap at the end of the barrel, revealing the plunger, dipping the nib in ink, and repeatedly pressing the plunger until the barrel fills with ink. Parker claimed the Vacumatic could be filled with one hand. The barrel clarity is excellent. The barrel is stamped GEO S PARKER next to PARKER VACUMATIC next to MADE IN U.S.A. It has gold filled trim. Parker called the ink view barrel a "full television ink supply." It has the 14 karat gold Vacumatic Arrow nib. The Major sold for $8.75 and the matching pencil sold for $4.00. Parker ended US production of the Vacumatic in 1948.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerVacumaticBrown_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

The silver at the top was added to my small collection (1st Gen only) by my wife gifting it to me by purchasing from Sherrell Tyree when we were at the SF Pen Show last September.

t9PKDtZ.jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

One of my favorite all time pens, they are beautiful, the Visconti Wall Street reminds me of them sans the shape

The silver at the top was added to my small collection (1st Gen only) by my wife gifting it to me by purchasing from Sherrell Tyree when we were at the SF Pen Show last September.

Any special nibs on those beauties?

Any special nibs on those beauties?

No, not really. All just good F/M writers, though the Burgundy is a Canadian Vac with proper Canadian nib that is a stub. I'm not certain that was a factory stub but it is expertly done.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

An Imperial that used to be in my collection:

parker_vacumatic-imperial.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

An Imperial that used to be in my collection:

Greg, that is massively cool. Such a unique pen! Hope you are well, good to see you... typing!

~ Benjamin Franklin

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker Vacumatic Major in Laminated Emerald Pearl date coded 1944. It's just over 5 1/16 inches long capped and uses the third generation clear plastic plunger. The plunger is yellow with a black top. The Vacumatic fills by removing the blind cap at the end of the barrel, revealing the plunger, dipping the nib in ink, and repeatedly pressing the plunger until the barrel fills with ink. Parker claimed the Vacumatic could be filled with one hand. The barrel clarity is excellent. The barrel is stamped GEO S PARKER next to PARKER VACUMATIC next to MADE IN U.S.A. It has gold filled trim. Parker called the ink view barrel a "full television ink supply." It has the 14 karat gold Vacumatic Arrow nib. The Major sold for $8.75 and the matching pencil sold for $4.00. Parker ended US production of the Vacumatic in 1948.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerVacumaticGreenMajor_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker Vacumatic Major in Laminated Silver Pearl date coded 1945. It's 5 1/16 inches long capped and uses the third generation clear plastic plunger. The Vacumatic fills by removing the blind cap at the end of the barrel, revealing the plunger, dipping the nib in ink, and repeatedly pressing the plunger until the barrel fills with ink. Parker claimed the Vacumatic could be filled with one hand. The barrel clarity is excellent. The barrel is stamped GEO S PARKER next to PARKER VACUMATIC next to MADE IN U.S.A. The Silver Pearl Vacumatic has silver color trim, where the other Vacumatic colors in this line have gold filled trim. Parker called the ink view barrel a "full television ink supply." It has the 14 karat gold Vacumatic Arrow nib. The Major sold for $8.75 and the matching pencil sold for $4.00. Parker ended US production of the Vacumatic in 1948.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerVacumaticSilver_1280_03.jpg
Thanks!