Week #36 / 3 Sep: Charlie The Unit Of Sheen - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

This week's was one of the most fun, and also the most photographically challenging.
My method was to shoot it outside while the morning sun was still at a low angle, the paper (white Tomoe River) was between the sun and my camera.
What surprises me most in this challenge, is that Dark Lilac's sheen showed up and showed out!

fpn_1504751627__wk36_6253_small.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• lgsoltek

• FPRebel

• LizEF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice sheen FPRebel!

That reminds me: I'm on the lookout for any blue ink that has gold sheen. Inf anyone knows of one, please let me know!

Nice sheen FPRebel!

That reminds me: I'm on the lookout for any blue ink that has gold sheen. Inf anyone knows of one, please let me know!

Wow. That's a tough one. Nothing that I've come across fits that description. Seems that every sheeny blue ink I have sheens hot pink or red. Hopefully someone else knows of something —and we can all make a mad dash to get some! :)

Nice sheen FPRebel!

You might have to look into something more purple/violet, more blurple. Like Diamine Iris:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/306690-diamine-flower-set-iris/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/253325-diamine-iris-the-flower-collection/

I'm getting away with an easy one here, as it wasn't mentioned yet. I don't have that many inks, let aside sheening ones, but one of those i have - and adore - is a well-known sheen queen; Yama Budo.

I struggled with the photos - sorry about this. I'm sure you have all seen Yama Budo before anyway, and you know how pretty it is.

926899yama1.jpg

587649yama1b.jpg

I'm getting away with an easy one here, as it wasn't mentioned yet. I don't have that many inks, let aside sheening ones, but one of those i have - and adore - is a well-known sheen queen; Yama Budo.

I struggled with the photos - sorry about this. I'm sure you have all seen Yama Budo before anyway, and you know how pretty it is.

Oh your melon slice . . . :wub:

Iroshizuku Yama-budo is a great one, but I love Tsutsuji even more.

On a separate note, I'm surprised no one has come up with Yama-dori yet!

I'll have to check out Tsutsuji - not familiar with it. Sailor's Jentle line has so many delicious inks. Have I found one I don't like at least a little? Ummmm, no!

As for Yama Dori, it's one of my trio above.

I'll have to check out Tsutsuji - not familiar with it. Sailor's Jentle line has so many delicious inks. Have I found one I don't like at least a little? Ummmm, no!

Yes right! The crazy sheen made the ink disappear!

Nice sheen FPRebel!

Thank you, evyxmsj!

Have you looked at the DeAtramentis Pearlescent line? No personal experience, but I'll surely be interested in yours if you try either Indian Blue - Gold or Cyan Blue - Gold. That's a combination I can think of a few great uses for, also!

How interesting that when I went back to read Visvamitra's review of Tsutsuji from over two years ago, I found out that I said I didn't like the colours. And now it's my favourite Iroshizuku!

926899yama1.jpg

587649yama1b.jpg

Well done fruit sketches! A great use for some gorgeous sheeny inks, and now the Farmer's Market is calling to me. See y'all later!

What a week. ::sigh:: But I made it, sort of... Apparently I don't have any super-sheeners, and I've already used some of them (Yama Budo - don't remember it sheening, MB Leo Tolstoy, Yama Dori), so I thought I'd try something new (to me). Didn't sheen so much, but here it is anyway, Diamine Regency Blue in Karas Kustoms Fountain K Mini, 1.1 stub...

http://paradoxcommunity.com/vps/36_0.jpg

http://paradoxcommunity.com/vps/36_1.jpg

http://paradoxcommunity.com/vps/36_2.jpg

LizEF, Looks like great sheen is apparent in your letters (bottom photograph).
So many new inks that I want to explore after this week. Thanks, y'all!!

LizEF, Looks like great sheen is apparent in your letters (bottom photograph).

So many new inks that I want to explore after this week. Thanks, y'all!!

Yes, but the strange part is that it's hard to see in real life - not like some inks where it's hard to miss... This is my first use of this ink, so I'll have to try it for a while to see what I think.

Thank you, evyxmsj!

Have you looked at the DeAtramentis Pearlescent line? No personal experience, but I'll surely be interested in yours if you try either Indian Blue - Gold or Cyan Blue - Gold. That's a combination I can think of a few great uses for, also!

Thanks for the tip! I haven't tried those yet. I'll let you know if I manage to get hold of some.

I don't know if you can really tell from this picture but the sheen is between orange and green.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_2_Ink/09-September/slides/2017-09-08_Ink_10.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY