Show Your Nakaya - Fans' Thread

PandP

@como, it is the Pelikan collector box for 24 pens. Pelikan M800 was my entry into the rabbit hole, so even though I now prefer Japanese pens I still have a strong soft spot for Pelikans. Next thereto this box is very compact, and holds almost all size pens. The Nakaya long and Namiki Emperor and some others (none of which I own bytheway) excluded...

CE9F0168-ED1D-41F7-AE92-44B53125C24D.jpeg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Linger

• whichwatch

• como

• Barutti

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/29/2020 at 6:10 AM, como said:

I pledge to stop the Japanese pen rabbit hole after a Hakase, seriously!

1. Nakaya Heki-Tamenuri Long Cigar;

2. Nakaya Midori-Tamenuri Decapod.
fpn_1598695426__0be2f5fa-dad6-4403-91f9-
fpn_1598695457__69c4ba6b-6145-4fa6-8962-

That heki-tamenuri deep brown with the green accents oh so good. 

On 12/9/2020 at 7:47 PM, Linger said:

@como, it is the Pelikan collector box for 24 pens. Pelikan M800 was my entry into the rabbit hole, so even though I now prefer Japanese pens I still have a strong soft spot for Pelikans. Next thereto this box is very compact, and holds almost all size pens. The Nakaya long and Namiki Emperor and some others (none of which I own bytheway) excluded...

CE9F0168-ED1D-41F7-AE92-44B53125C24D.jpeg

@Linger: Thank you for showing the pen box. I now remember that I have seen this Pelikan box for sale before, a nice one, not too expensive yet very presentable. If I understand you correctly, the Long Cigar doesn't fit in this one? I have looked at Franklin Christoph's pen trays. The 7-pen tray can fit but it's sold out for the moment. My Long Cigar is always out, homeless 😀.

7 hours ago, _finenib said:

That heki-tamenuri deep brown with the green accents oh so good. 

Thank you! I also like it very much, something very serene about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Family extension!

It is not the first time that the Portable Cigar Bamboo Woods shows up on FPN. But it is the first time I see it and hold it and write with it in real life. 

My order (via Akkerman in Den Haag, NL) went to Japan mid July and the pen arrived at my home just before New Year’s Eve - so fairly quickly. 

And it is beautiful. Truly and utterly beautiful. Photos do not do it justice. Especially not mine...with the typical Dutch overcast, grey weather forcing an ugly flashlight. The colours are so much more vibrant and deep and alive. Next thereto, I was most surprised to see an almost 3D effect on the patterns - I guess a result of the different layers of lacquer.

As it is not my first Portable, the size and weight of the pen were no surprise. The Medium nib is solid. It has a nice flow which results in an easy effortless writing experience. I have another M nib that was tuned by Nakaya staff during a store event to absolute perfection, so I originally thought about swapping the nibs. But this nib is almost as good. And after reading other threads on that topic I am not so sure anymore in any case. The idea of damaging any of the two pens fills me with dread... 

The pen will replace my Portable Writer in Heki-Tamenuri. That is the one with the tuned M nib, so I hate to see it go, but I need to recuperate a bit of the grail-investment in the Bamboo Woods...not to mention a wishlist containing a Neo and a Dorsal Fin...

It is inked up with Montblanc Kipling Jungle Green - appropriate for a pen depicting a Panda Bear Forest. A nice ink, bytheway, that is army/olive drab green, but subdued, inconspicuous, also easily fitting in a more formal environment. 

All-in-all, this is something to proudly behold. Japanese mastery of lacquer art and pen craftsmanship. I am happy.

IMG_2049.jpeg

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2053.jpeg

IMG_2056.jpeg

Bamboo Woods is a gorgeous pen.  I have it both in Portable and also Neo Standard with the hand painted matching clip.  I think Bamboo Woods is the best looking Nakayas I have owned!  I hope you enjoy yours a great deal!

Thanks whichwatch. Actually, it was your post/thread “deeper into the woods” that hooked me onto it almost immediately. Another FPN member was kind enough to reach out to me with some further information/encouragement, and here we are.

• 2 months later...

Ordered in 2020 September and after 7 month waiting finally arrived..  Nakaya Piccolo Long Maki-e Maples Leaves with single tone yellow gold Stub Extra Broad nib. 

IMG_8137_2.JPG

IMG_8139_2.JPG

IMG_8140_2.JPG

• 5 months later...
On 3/20/2021 at 12:48 AM, Barutti said:

Ordered in 2020 September and after 7 month waiting finally arrived..  Nakaya Piccolo Long Maki-e Maples Leaves with single tone yellow gold Stub Extra Broad nib. 

IMG_8137_2.JPG

IMG_8139_2.JPG

IMG_8140_2.JPG

How is that BB stub? I have a Ryogiri on order with a B stub and thinking of changing it to BB stub. Anyway here are my Nakayas. Portable Cigar Yakomakie Bat in Kuro-tamenuri with BB CI with added flex and a Decapod Twist Heki-tamenuri with Soft Medium. 

EACFCC1F-3D04-4F12-B242-629FE2B7DB7A.jpeg

B7EA5E50-6452-4C5B-B3B3-4607AB1FE5AA.jpeg

BE7EC663-AA8F-48D2-9B29-FE906F8A6905.jpeg

4CB943A0-8B7F-45A2-B53D-3450D045753E.jpeg

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, tifh said:

Reviving this old thread, any new Nakayas=)?

My newest, a Piccolo Long, arrived this past week.

F62E9F11-2A33-4DAE-BA43-C21C254A6D04.thumb.jpeg.0538bc14c4c492f694ac11fcbf795488.jpeg

• 4 months later...

My family is complete. Or at least I currently think so. Too early for a nakaya-acquisition-vasectomy but I am fairly happy with with the size of the family at present. 

IMG_5606.jpeg

IMG_5607.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Linger said:

My family is complete.

Thank you.  This is quite helpful.  Third from the left is a Cigar Portable?

Add lightness and simplicate.

1 hour ago, Karmachanic said:

Thank you.  This is quite helpful.  Third from the left is a Cigar Portable?

Yep, the 17mm Portable Cigar. It shares the dimensions with the Dorsal Fin, an elongated section with more girth than the elongated section of the Neo Standard.