Wing Sung 618 Cap Issue

melodiousb

I'm really enjoying my new Wing Sung 618, but the finial keeps unscrewing from the top of the cap. It seems like the finial is connected to the plastic inner cap. When the cap is screwed all the way on, the inner cap sort of grips the pen, so when you unscrew the cap, the inner cap and the finial turn a bit.

Is anyone else having this problem? Thoughts on how to fix it?

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• melodiousb

• KellyMcJ

• Proto

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick something, (a dowel for instance) into the cap and press (firmly but gently) against the inner cap. Whatever you're using should be large enough diameter to hit the bottom edge of the inner cap. Then tighten the finial with your fingers. You may need a rubber grippy to do this, I was able to do it with just my fingers.

I can screw the finial on with my fingers when the pen is capped. I've used a rubber band to help me grip it, and it feels like it's pretty secure--but then I screw the cap on/off a few times and it loosens again. The inner cap is grabbing onto the pen and turning with it.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

I can screw the finial on with my fingers when the pen is capped. I've used a rubber band to help me grip it, and it feels like it's pretty secure--but then I screw the cap on/off a few times and it loosens again. The inner cap is grabbing onto the pen and turning with it.

Weird!!! It sounds like your inner cap is slightly longer than mine. Mine only unscrewed because I messed with it.

Hmm. Did the inner cap come out at all when you messed with it? Sounds like I should try to trim it.

I'm starting to have the same issue with my 618. I'm trying to consciously not tighten the cap as much when I cap the pen, otherwise I don't have any real solution yet.

It didn't come out all the way and I'm not sure I'd want it to.

I make it a point not to overtork my caps though. Maybe do pay attention to how much you are tightening it.