Chrissy

Today I'm reviewing Diamine Warm Brown ink

• Flow Rate: Good. Feels wetter and looks more saturated in broader nibs
  • Lubrication: Good on several different papers.
  • Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
  • Start-up: Immediate.
  • Saturation: Not a saturated ink
  • Shading Potential: Very good
  • Sheen: Not seen
  • Show-Through:
    • Tomoe River 52gsm & 68gsm.
    • Cheaper generic 80gsm printer papers & lined pads.
    • Field Notes

​The reverse of the image shows more show-through than is actually present on the paper.

• Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Seen on Field Notes.
  • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over a week in the pen
  • Staining (pen): Not seen - easy clean-up
  • Staining (hands): Not seen - easy clean-up
  • Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
  • Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof, but is water resistant.
  • Availability: Available from Diamine Inks web-site and other outlets.

fpn_1502896174__diamine_warm_brown.jpegfpn_1502896220__diamine_warm_brown_1.jpefpn_1502896252__diamine_warm_brown_3.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• DaveBj

• KaB

• namrehsnoom

Top Posters In This Topic

THX for the review

So many colours, hadn't noticed this one before.

Looks quite lovely.

You're welcome. :) Yes it's difficult when there're so many colours to choose from. :D

Thanks for the review. I may have to get myself a bottle of this; I really like the color.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

I like this type of soft brown - one of my missing diamine inks. Now going on my wish list. Thanks for the nice presentation. I really like that you show the ink on a variety of paper, since that gives a very good sense of its general behavior.

Edited by namrehsnoom

I like this type of soft brown - one of my missing diamine inks. Now going on my wish list. Thanks for the nice presentation. I really like that you show the ink on a variety of paper, since that gives a very good sense of its general behavior.

You're welcome and thank you for your kind words. I bought a set of Notebooks from Goulet pens and found they are small versions, so I thought I would use them as my ink testing paper.

How did I miss this ink before? (I know -- they have too many inks in their lineup.... I now have more different Diamine colors (between samples and full bottles) than Noodler's -- and that's saying something (although for bottled ink I probably still has more Noodlers).

I'd be curious as to how it compares with Diamine Ochre (an ink I haven't yet made up my mind about).

Thanks for the review. And possibly, well, not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

How did I miss this ink before? (I know -- they have too many inks in their lineup.... I now have more different Diamine colors (between samples and full bottles) than Noodler's -- and that's saying something (although for bottled ink I probably still has more Noodlers).

I'd be curious as to how it compares with Diamine Ochre (an ink I haven't yet made up my mind about).

Thanks for the review. And possibly, well, not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You're welcome. :) When I was trying to decide what inks to compare it with, I never thought of Ochre or Burnt Sienna :doh: :headsmack: I must have a look at Warm Brown beside those 2 inks.

Actually I regularly use a 50/50 mix of Ochre and Burnt Sienna in my Aurora 365 Brown. You know how I like to match inks with pens :D Warm Brown could save me the trouble of mixing. ;)

Ochre is definitely going to be more yellow than Warm Brown though