A Thorough Report On Montblanc 12/14/22/24/32/34 Series

jhsd1124013561

That is magnificent. And saved to a couple of places against future need.

Thanks to you and Jar both..

You are very welcome, special thanks to Jar for providing such valuable information, it wouldn't be here without Jar's effort. :)

Also thank you for your wonderful website, it is really helpful when I was trying to disassemble the Pelikan MK10. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhsd1124013561

• dascott

• praxim

• siamackz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if the Montblanc No 12 comes in a burgundy color, because I cant find one anywhere?

MB 12 comes with burgundy color, I got a 74 in burgundy color, which means the 12/14/72/74 series comes with the burgundy/green/grey color.

• 3 months later...

I have a 31 with a 585 gold nib. Is this a legitimate variation or is it a 32 with a 31 cap or a 31 with an upgraded nib?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

It is quite possible, if you look at #4 (you are currently at #44), you will see a variation 32 with 22 'butterfly' style nib gold nib, and ember ink window.

The 31 has 2 versions, one is 32 style steel nib and the other one is 22 'butterfly' style nib.

It is quite possible the a cap from a Montblanc 31 (with 22 butterfly style steel nib) goes to a Montblanc 32 body (with 22 butterfly style gold nib)

• 2 weeks later...

You are very welcome, special thanks to Jar for providing such valuable information, it wouldn't be here without Jar's effort. :)

Also thank you for your wonderful website, it is really helpful when I was trying to disassemble the Pelikan MK10. :)

Thank you for this wonderful post!

I have a question - will the (1) section (2) nib of the 22 fit the 72? I have a 72 with a cracked section and nib and there are some 22s for sale that I am considering for parts.

Thank you!

Edited by siamackz

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Hi, am I correct in thinking these were the first non-flexible nibs used by Montblanc?

I guess so, so far, I have not seen a flexible Montblanc 12/14/22/24/32/34, but given it is hooded nib, it is not likely to make a flexible nib out of it. Also, if I remember correctly, Montblanc 149 was in production during this period of time, so a flexible 149 is possibly available during that time.

Thank you for this wonderful post!

I have a question - will the (1) section (2) nib of the 22 fit the 72? I have a 72 with a cracked section and nib and there are some 22s for sale that I am considering for parts.

Thank you!

Yes, you can do that, it is interchangable.

• 4 weeks later...

Fascinating! Anyone know what a "music writing point" is?

I assume it is a music nib with 3 tines? Wow, I have never seen a vintage MB with a music nib though

I assume it is a music nib with 3 tines? Wow, I have never seen a vintage MB with a music nib though

Fascinating! Anyone know what a "music writing point" is?

A music for the 12/14/22/24/32/34 probably will look like this (http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2252-two-large-retips-with-a-custom-montblanc-music-nib-retip/)

http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1321500482/gallery_7078_68_106269.jpg

A music for the 12/14/22/24/32/34 probably will look like this (http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2252-two-large-retips-with-a-custom-montblanc-music-nib-retip/)

http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1321500482/gallery_7078_68_106269.jpg

Wow, I've never seen a nib with three tines before, don't suppose you have a writing sample?!

Thanks for the info, I hadn't even heard of a three tine nib before. Never seen this on a vintage Montblanc either but we know it was at least available as a special order on the 344. Fascinating!

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic thread! Thanks for all the info!

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

Hi, please check the pic below, credit to Jar from (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/258216-my-first-mont-blanc/)

http://www.fototime.com/CAA5A1577DAA0DC/large.jpg

Its interesting that the chart doesnt show BB or OBB available for the 22, 34, or 72, when in fact my 22 and 34 both have lovely stubhish BB nibs and my 72 had a wonderful OBB nib. Maybe this catalogue was from a specific dealer and shows their stock only (it looks like a page from the 1960s Kohinoor catalogue).

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, that is the Koh-I-Noor catalog, so the list would only show what was being sold in the US market, which might be different from what Montblanc offered elsewhere.

Edited by entertainment

• 5 months later...

Hi, has anyone seen a 12/14 with blue ink window instead of amber? I thought the blue ones went on 22/24 series.

Blue colored ink windows are equipped with 22/24 and 32/34 lines, I have not seen a 12/14 with a blue ink window.

Hi, has anyone seen a 12/14 with blue ink window instead of amber? I thought the blue ones went on 22/24 series.

I have a Meisterstuck 14 with blue ink window. It looks correct rather than a result of staining. Is there clear information that it should not be so?

This recent photo shows it.

fpn_1566883208__nib_side.jpg

fpn_1566882980__mitre.jpg

The apparent mark above the 14 is a bit of dust, and the section reflects my shadow, or me.

Edited by praxim

X