• dascott

• praxim

• siamackz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the 14 and I love it!

'Someone shoot me please.'

~the delectable Louisa Durrell~

Does anyone know what this build up is though? I'm assuming I need to flush it :mellow:

fpn_1512045134__rsz_20171130_122651.jpg

More than likely old ink, a good flushing and clean should do the job, bit hard to tell by the photo exactly what it is though

Great effort jhsd** and thank you

Thanks so much :)

Does anyone know what this build up is though? I'm assuming I need to flush it :mellow:

fpn_1512045134__rsz_20171130_122651.jpg

I would agree on slippery :D

Looks like old ink, but it could be something else. The ember ink window can be disassembled, you can unscrew the section of the pen and check :)

I ended up flushing it and it didn't do anything- I'm not confident enough to start taking it apart to be honest so I'll keep an eye on it but if it gets worse I'll take it somewhere. Primarily I think it's just cosmetic (I hope)

• 2 months later...

Very informative and great collection. Thanks for sharing.

Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog 2016 Limited Edition 888 - M -> EF -> B

Armando Simoni Club Bologna Extra Arco Brown - MagicFlex

Montblanc Meisterstuck 149 - F, BB, OBB

• 2 weeks later...

~ jhsd1124013561:

Half a year later I've returned to reread your excellent thread.

Having received two 24s and two 32s within the past few days, I've experienced the nibs you highly praised.

Wow! They're far better writers than I ever imagined.

The control of ink flow in two EEFs is phenomenal.

The feedback in all of them is as good as it gets, with a 24 OF nib being out-of-this-world sensitive to paper surface texture.

After initially reading your informative post, I should have immediately acquired a few.

As it is, the pens now sitting on my desk, including a 32 OBBB, are all first-class writers.

Kudos to you for preparing this comparison information. I hope that others may consider these mid-century pens, as they're outstanding writers.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

~ jhsd1124013561:

Half a year later I've returned to reread your excellent thread.

Having received two 24s and two 32s within the past few days, I've experienced the nibs you highly praised.

Wow! They're far better writers than I ever imagined.

The control of ink flow in two EEFs is phenomenal.

The feedback in all of them is as good as it gets, with a 24 OF nib being out-of-this-world sensitive to paper surface texture.

After initially reading your informative post, I should have immediately acquired a few.

As it is, the pens now sitting on my desk, including a 32 OBBB, are all first-class writers.

Kudos to you for preparing this comparison information. I hope that others may consider these mid-century pens, as they're outstanding writers.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

Sorry for the late reply, Tom. I am glad that you like my post and this series of pens, I believe this series of Montblanc was equipped with probably the best nibs through out Montblanc history, they are truely designed for writing, the weight, the structure are all exceptional.

Very informative article and excellent illustrated. Thanks for this.

...may I ad a picture of a 222 Deskpen of which I think that it belongs to the same familiy?

39604875290_da10766f3c_b.jpg

27524059698_7dbe2e496c_b.jpg

C.

Excellent catch, my friend, it looks fantastic!!! :notworthy1:

Impractical for my writing usage, but I do so want a desk pen like this... the design is just amazing!

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

I use a 204 daily in my job to sign purchase requests, time off forms, and various other docs. People at work view it with amusement, but nobody forges my signature anymore.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Impractical for my writing usage, but I do so want a desk pen like this... the design is just amazing!

There was a Montblanc desk pen holder at my local auction house recently. It was for a 149 pen, and I saw several people take pens from their pockets and bags to see if they would fit into this holder. No-one had a pen that was big enough. :D

It was a bit like Cinderalla's slipper only the other way around. :)

There was a Montblanc desk pen holder at my local auction house recently. It was for a 149 pen, and I saw several people take pens from their pockets and bags to see if they would fit into this holder. No-one had a pen that was big enough. :D

It was a bit like Cinderalla's slipper only the other way around. :)

Hahaha!!! Wannaabees!

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

The problem is that if I have a desk pen, I want it to have that long taper on the back end of the barrel (which the 149 in a desk holder won't have. Montblanc never made many desk sets with a long taper, but luckily they're an acquired taste, so they don't get priced sky-high.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

• 1 month later...

Is it known how much these things cost when they were on the market? I've found a PDF of the 1962 Preisliste, but it looks like the scan was only of the obverse of the pages-- if the prices were there, they're not visible now. I'm asking because I just got a 32 (in pretty splendid shape, too), which opens the door to me posting about it on my site, and where possible I like to include the original pricing.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

Is it known how much these things cost when they were on the market? I've found a PDF of the 1962 Preisliste, but it looks like the scan was only of the obverse of the pages-- if the prices were there, they're not visible now. I'm asking because I just got a 32 (in pretty splendid shape, too), which opens the door to me posting about it on my site, and where possible I like to include the original pricing.

Hi, please check the pic below, credit to Jar from (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/258216-my-first-mont-blanc/)

http://www.fototime.com/CAA5A1577DAA0DC/large.jpg