Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Help Me Buy Aurora!

GutSchrift

I've long focused my collection on Pelikans, which I love, but have discovered that after starting off with larger pens (m800/m1000) I've come to love smaller pens. I favor piston fillers and gold nibs. Well, I'm now absolutely enthralled with Auroras and can't wait to purchase one. I'm pretty set on the Optima since I prefer flat tops. The value seems so good (maybe even better than Pelikan's contemporary offerings.) You get a wider selection of nibs, ebonite feeds, piston fillers, in celluloid (but not the kind that decays! LOL) Seems like a terrific deal to me. But where to start? I love the Nera Perla, but the Emerald is nice and that demonstrator with the red accents!! Where do I start?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• GutSchrift

• torstar

• RocketRyan

Top Posters In This Topic

Low end great for me was the Talentum, gone through 3 of them so far.

Middle price is the Afrika LE, a gem of a pen for over a decade now.

Haven't totally splurged yet...

Optima's are great pens.

Have the Nera Perla, Monviso, and Abissi. All gorgeous pens and great writers.

Have a F, M, and Stub nib.

Wouldn't mind a few more Optimas..... :)

Since you're in US, check out ChatterleyLuxuries.com or if you want nib customization at time of purchase, then look at nibs.com.

Hope this helps.

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Hard to go wrong, as they are great pens with fine nibs and care free pistons. They can be a little bit addictive however.

http://www.fototime.com/%7BEFBEEE84-921A-4A49-9507-716F03AB2EE6%7D/origpict/O4.JPG

Optima's are great pens.

Have the Nera Perla, Monviso, and Abissi. All gorgeous pens and great writers.

Have a F, M, and Stub nib.

Wouldn't mind a few more Optimas..... :)

Since you're in US, check out ChatterleyLuxuries.com or if you want nib customization at time of purchase, then look at nibs.com.

Hope this helps.

Mark

The Nera Perla is on my list -- it is so elegant and cool. Very sophisticated. I know nibs.com and Chatterly, but didn't know that Chatterly also offers customizations. Something to think about though I'm really interested in the factory stub and italic.

Hard to go wrong, as they are great pens with fine nibs and care free pistons. They can be a little bit addictive however.

http://www.fototime.com/%7BEFBEEE84-921A-4A49-9507-716F03AB2EE6%7D/origpict/O4.JPG

:puddle: What a collection! I love that 365 but seems impossible to find now. Love the display box too.

The Nera Perla is on my list -- it is so elegant and cool. Very sophisticated. I know nibs.com and Chatterly, but didn't know that Chatterly also offers customizations. Something to think about though I'm really interested in the factory stub and italic.

Please note, didn't say that Chatterley offers customizations....said that nibs.com does....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Please note, didn't say that Chatterley offers customizations....said that nibs.com does....

Right! thanks for noting that -- I read way too fast!