A Fairly Complete Omas 360 Collection...

Alberto

Hello everyone!

Some of you may recall that upon hearing that OMAS had ceased to exist, I decided to try to assemble a complete collection of my all-time favorite pen: the OMAS 360.

Taking into account only color, size, materials and specially-branded editions - and thus making abstraction of trim colors, type (FP vs RB) and the presence of precious stones - I was able to inventory a total of 53 different versions of the OMAS 360. Of these, I currently own 51.
The ones I like to use and carry with me most of the time (Titanium, Burkina, Snakewood and Ebony), I actually have in double and triple, respectively - just in case they were to get lost, damaged or stolen. A few others I have in both HT/Ag and YG trim versions (standard Blue/Black, Smoke, Lucens and Arco Brown), as I think that the pens look very different with different trims. Finally, I also have a few doubles, just because things happened that way (MoMa Red, Vision Amber, and Mezzo FIGC).

Today I thought I would share with you a few quick pictures I took this morning as I was getting the pens organised... I hope you will enjoy seeing them. :)

The complete collection, including a few doubles:

http://a.lber.to/post/1_All.jpg

The Oversize pens:

http://a.lber.to/post/2_Oversize.jpg

- Blue/Black, HT Trim

- Black, YG Trim ("Tabellionis Stylus", the only true black 360 OMAS ever made, for the Italian Notary Association)

The Cotton Resin pens:

http://a.lber.to/post/3_CottonResin.jpg

Top row:

- Blue/Black, YG Trim

- Blue/Black, HT Trim

- Venician Blue, HT Trim

- Grey, GT Trim

- Burgundy, HT Trim ("Erasmus CLE")

- Pearlescent Purple, RG Trim (Prototype which was never actually produced)

- Red, HT Trim

- Green, HT Trim ("75th Anniversary")

- Colonial Brown, YG Trim (IMOHO, the ugliest 360 OMAS ever made...)

- Yellow, HT Trim

- White, HT Trim ("75th Anniversary")

Bottom row:

- Orange/Red, HT Trim ("TAG Heuer")

- Yellow, HT Trim ("Bittner")

- Black, HT 3-band Trim ("MoMa")

- Red, HT 3-band Trim ("MoMa")

- Orange, HT 3-band Trim ("75th Owner's Club")

The Translucent pens:

http://a.lber.to/post/4_Translucent.jpg

- Smoke, Ru Trim ("Vintage")

- Blue, RG Trim ("Vintage")

- Smoke, YG Trim ("Vintage")

- Brown, YG Trim ("ZENITH")

- Turquoise, HT Trim ("Vintage")

- Orange, HT Trim ("Soleterre")

- Red, HT Trim ("Vintage")

- Amber, YG Trim ("Vision Bronze")

- Clear, HT Trim ("Vision")

The Celluloid pens:

http://a.lber.to/post/5_Celluloid.jpg

- Burkina, Ag Trim

- Arco Brown, YG Trim (Prototype pen with Greek band on cap, never produced)

- Arco Brown, YG 3-band Trim

- Lucens, Ag 3-band Trim

- Lucens, YG 3-band Trim

- Wild, HT 3-band Trim

- Wild, HT Trim

- Blue Royal, HT Trim

- Pearl Grey, HT Trim

Missing from photo:

- Arco Brown, HT Trim

The Metal and Wood pens:

http://a.lber.to/post/6_Metal-Wood.jpg

- Illumination, Silver

- First Personal Computer, Aluminum ("FPC")

- T2, Titanium

- Snakewood, Ag Trim

- Ebony, Ag Trim

The Mezzo pens:

http://a.lber.to/post/7_Mezzo.jpg

- Blue/black, HT trim

- Pearlescent Blue, HT trim

- Blue, HT trim

- Light Blue, HT trim ("FIGC")

- Purple, HT trim

- Pearlescent Liliac, HT trim

- Liliac, HT trim

- Red, HT trim ("Camera dei Deputati")

- Red, HT trim

- Orange, HT trim

- Yellow, HT trim

- Green, HT trim

- White, HT trim

Missing from photo:

- Light Blue, HT Trim

Edited by Alberto

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alberto

• arkiemark

• Richard F

• mongrelnomad

Pheweee! That is some collection. The 360 is the only Omas I haven't tried (along with a few of the older vintage models). I always steered away from them for fear of not liking the grip but now that Omas is gone I'm realising my error.

Great collection. So what are you missing? The palm wood and turquoise demo?

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Actually, I just tracked down one more today, which is the Blue/Black Mezzo Camera dei Deputati.

The Turquoise demo I have (5th pen in the 4th picture), and the palm wood 360 is - as far as I know - a myth. The ogiva existed in palm wood (I have it), but the 360 was never made in that wood (and I suspect that this was due to the irregular structure of palm wood which did not go well with the sharp edges of the 360 design).

Your collection is fascinating & most enviable; I appreciate your sharing it with us. I never gave a moment's notice to trying my first 360 before purchasing it & was happy when I found a second one with a more preferable nib & color.

I do dislike the Stainless Steel Lamy 2000 & am sorry I did not have access to one to try before purchase & yet, just received a Makrolon 2000 & quite like it. I understand therefore, not everyone is comfortable with different pens & consider myself lucky to have been so with my 360s. Your keeping "back up" pens is also impressive & I am glad you will be able to enjoy your pens without worry because of same.

Your collection is just SUPERB!

Hello everyone!

Some of you may recall that upon hearing that OMAS had ceased to exist, I decided to try to assemble a complete collection of my all-time favorite pen: the OMAS 360.

Taking into account only color, size, materials and specially-branded editions - and thus making abstraction of trim colors, type (FP vs RB) and the presence of precious stones - I was able to inventory a total of 53 different versions of the OMAS 360. Of these, I currently own 51.
The ones I like to use and carry with me most of the time (Titanium, Burkina, Snakewood and Ebony), I actually have in double and triple, respectively - just in case they were to get lost, damaged or stolen. A few others I have in both HT/Ag and YG trim versions (standard Blue/Black, Smoke, Lucens and Arco Brown), as I think that the pens look very different with different trims. Finally, I also have a few doubles, just because things happened that way (MoMa Red, Vision Amber, and Mezzo FIGC).

Today I thought I would share with you a few quick pictures I took this morning as I was getting the pens organised... I hope you will enjoy seeing them. :)

The complete collection, including a few doubles:

http://a.lber.to/post/1_All.jpg

Absolutely amazing, Alberto!!! I am hoping your post will get stickied, in high resolution as so many of the great pictures of collections fall off the free image hosting sites. As I'm a huge fan of the 360s, if you have a high resolution image, I'm going to PM if you can email me the original image.

One quick question, do you have any of the Ruthenium Trim Omas 360s? It's ironic, but those are the ones I actually have after someone stole my pen roll with 360s in Orlando, recently, including the wonderful and very rare Orange Soleterre.

Use them all in the very best of health and keep writing with your 360s, at least 360 days out of the year :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

That's a fabulous collection!

You inspired me to ink one of my three 360's. I had forgotten what a great writer it is.

David

The 360 is a pretty unique shape in the modern pen world so they used to fly under the radar. I enjoy my 5 very much.

Sorry I missed thr turquoise demo, it looked a bit dark in the photo. And, of course, it was indeed the Ogiva in thr palm wood I was remembering.

So what is the last piece for you since my guesses were off?

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Congratulations on your marvelous collection :thumbup: !

Now I know exactly why lately I couldn't find any 360's in circulation - you got them all... ;)

Current modern daily users: Montegrappa Miya, Omas AM87, S.T.Dupont D-Line, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Modello 60.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

One quick question, do you have any of the Ruthenium Trim Omas 360s?

Hi Steve - yes, I have one: it's the first pen in the "Translucent" picture... In fact, that is one of the pens which I have in both the Ruthenium and the YG Trims. If you look at the picture, you will see that the cotton resin they used for the Ruthenium finish is actually darker than that used for the YG.

The pictures were taken with an iPhone, so some pens are difficult to recognize. Sorry!

Edited by Alberto

So what is the last piece for you since my guesses were off?

It is the Titanium Black DLC with RG Trim... One day, it will cross my path!

Edited by Alberto

Well, you have my collection of 360's beat. As a fan of the design, it makes me happy to see them all together like that.

Edited by raging.dragon

I have what I am told is a 360 Magnum with YG trim. It sure looks pure black to me. It is my only 360, there are others I would love to have. Maybe one day.

Any ideas what pen mine might be, given your statement that the only true black pen was a special edition?

Oh my! Love the Arco brown best!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!