Click Aristocrat Review

5thhistorian

I recently ordered a Click "Aristocrat" fountain pen from a seller on Ebay. I have purchased and used many different Indian fountain pens in the past few years, both from overseas Ebay sellers and from Fountain Pen Revolution, and am usually impressed by the value they deliver at their price point.

fpn_1501729097__click_4.jpg

With a Leuchtturm pocket notebook for comparison.

The Click Aristocrat (for some reason, the packaging I received calls it a "Tulip", but since I'm familiar with that model from FPR's house version (the "Indus" piston-filler, I don't think this is really the Click Tulip) is a plastic cartridge-converter pen, designed very closely along the lines of the earliest Parker Duofolds. There are a number of colors available, and I chose the orange with black finial and section, since it reminded me a lot of the Parker Big Red. The build quality is of course pretty basic, but I did not see any defects. The cost, with international shipping was 10 USD.

fpn_1501729332__click_3.jpg

Posted.

It is a lightweight pen, 16g altogether and 11g unposted. The cap posts readily on the barrel, and being plastic, has a good grip on the material of the barrel. It has no heavy metal components to throw the whole pen off balance. The nib is a fine-medium, somewhat toothy but I found it wrote well out of the box and did not need any polishing. The length is 5.25 inches capped, 6.5 inches posted, and about 5 inches unposted.

fpn_1501729363__click_2.jpg

The filling mechanism is a standard international cartridge converter system. Note the number of threads securing the section to the barrel.

The filling mechanism was nothing much to note, as the pen has a standard no. 6 nib (I think) and plastic feed, with a nipple that accepts a standard international cartridge or converter. The manufacturer provided two long intl. cartridges of blue ink, and a basic slide-plunger converter. After trying the generic ink and finding it a bit washed out, I filled the converter with Chesterfield Zircon and got better results. The nib would be easy to upgrade but is good enough that I will probably continue writing with it for the foreseeable future. The number of threads connecting the section to the barrel invites eyedropper filling, but I'm not sure that the barrel would be insulated enough to keep ink from expanding and burping out the feed.

fpn_1501729745__click_7.jpg

The feed has not yet given me hard-start issues, such as I have had with other no. 6 nibs.

fpn_1501730337__click_1.jpg

The imprint and detail of the finish gives some idea of the material texture of this pen. It isn't hard rubber or acrylic but the plastic used feels fairly good despite its light weight. I would compare it to the Nemosine Singularity or the FPR Indus in terms of the feel of the material.

In conclusion: a very distinctive workhorse pen for the price, which I intend to keep in regular rotation.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlexLeGrande

• rwilsonedn

• Sagarb

• 5thhistorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just ordered a Click English Script Calligraphy Pen Set which I will play with to write English script that looks like devanagari script

post-7134-0-50946000-1501797301.png

Thank you for sharing this pen.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 months later...

Nice and thoughtful review. Thanks! I was wondering about using this as an ED and the number of ot threads certainly makes it a good candidate for that. I just might give this one a try.

Edited by dan in montreal

• 1 year later...

Hi 5thhistorian,

Thank you very much for this detailed review and great photos! I am thinking of getting one of these pens but there is one thing that is not clear to me. The gold-coloured rings around the bottom of the cap seem to be made of solid metal but they also give the impression in some photos of being just a superficial gold colouring to the surface of the plastic and which could wear off very easily.

If you have time, could you clarify this point?

Thanks in advance,

Teffen.

• 3 years later...