• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• Karmabim

• Flounder

• FordPrefect8

I don't think they do. Amazon said that the emails go via an anonymous Amazon email.

I agree that's the case if you ask them a question, but is it so when they take the payment and dispatch the item? :unsure:

I tried to report and it seemed to work but I don't have any evidence of my report in my Amazon messages (sent box)??

Did you send an email after the Help, and More Help>Contact us route? Or did you report it from a box on a listing?

Sorry everyone, it looks like I've stirred up a bit of a Hornet's nest here.

However, it is supremely important that these rogue sellers are cleared from Amazon if at all possible. They can no doubt find a way to exempt themselves from the mess but it could be the customer who ultimately suffers, with higher prices. So the more rattling of the cage we do to Amazon, the more likely they are to do something to solve it.

It's getting to be quite thick with these rogues, I just did a quick search for 'Parker Duofold Fountain Pen', there are more supposedly selling at £7.99 to £9.99 than there are selling at the right prices. And guess what every single one is a 'Just Launched' seller with a 341 page storefront. I don't even need to look to know everything sells at the same price whether it's a Clothes Peg or a Cartier Watch.

A thought on my part, that raises th question, do the Sellers on Amazon get to have your contact and CC details? could they then fleece your account for substanital sums of money? or does all payment details go through Amazon first?

Montblanc: 146 75th Anniversary, 147 Le Grande, Doue Solitaire

Parker: Gold Duofold Centennial, Sonnet Fougere

Visconti Bronze Homo-Sapien

Waterman Edson Sapphire Blue

A thought on my part, that raises th question, do the Sellers on Amazon get to have your contact and CC details? could they then fleece your account for substanital sums of money? or does all payment details go through Amazon first?

Nope. Marketplace sellers don't get your CC details. Those are securely stored with Amazon. Marketplace sellers get your address details though, for obvious reasons. It now seems unlikely that they get your email address though. :)

Sorry everyone, it looks like I've stirred up a bit of a Hornet's nest here.

However, it is supremely important that these rogue sellers are cleared from Amazon if at all possible. They can no doubt find a way to exempt themselves from the mess but it could be the customer who ultimately suffers, with higher prices. So the more rattling of the cage we do to Amazon, the more likely they are to do something to solve it.

It's getting to be quite thick with these rogues, I just did a quick search for 'Parker Duofold Fountain Pen', there are more supposedly selling at £7.99 to £9.99 than there are selling at the right prices. And guess what every single one is a 'Just Launched' seller with a 341 page storefront. I don't even need to look to know everything sells at the same price whether it's a Clothes Peg or a Cartier Watch.

Oh darn it. I didn't do my search for 'Parker Duofold FP' today, and yesterday there was only one seller who I reported.

It's annoying to think that we will all have to pay more while Amazon are losing money because of these sellers. :angry:

There are a lot of these popping up all over Amazon, I'm collecting a list of suspect sellers & reporting them as I find them. Also beware of anything from the following sellers:

Bruno Macaulay

Maria Samson

Darlene Eva

Bartholomew Gosse

LESEH JAYY

Claudio J. Koss, mostly stationary

SantaellaWtsug

BAYLL CESWA

LESEH JAYY

DISILOV NICOLE

Adolph Edison

Swdc Qfcv

Rcdf Yht

Kldc Rgdf

Karen Faber

You can spot them a mile off, new sellers, zero feedback and the shear volume of listings, everything from Pilot VP's to Kaweco Art Sports appearing at £9.99 - If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is !

You really ought to think about where the money is going, who are you funding, international terrorism, Taliban etc etc - Caveat Emptor !!

Edited by mports

There are a lot of these popping up all over Amazon, I'm collecting a list of suspect sellers & reporting them as I find them. Also beware of anything from the following sellers:

Bruno Macaulay

Maria Samson

Darlene Eva

Bartholomew Gosse

LESEH JAYY

Claudio J. Koss, mostly stationary

SantaellaWtsug

BAYLL CESWA

LESEH JAYY

DISILOV NICOLE

Adolph Edison

Swdc Qfcv

Rcdf Yht

Kldc Rgdf

Karen Faber

You can spot them a mile off, new sellers, zero feedback and the shear volume of listings, everything from Pilot VP's to Kaweco Art Sports appearing at £9.99 - If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is !

You really ought to think about where the money is going, who are you funding, international terrorism, Taliban etc etc - Caveat Emptor !!

Thank you for the list. It's good that Amazon are working on it. What they should be doing is to not let any of them withdraw funds from their accounts until they have some positive feedbacks that the items received are those that were ordered. :)

Amazon don't seem to have quite grasped the point, these sellers aren't selling expensive items at low prices, they are just taking the cash. They don't have the items in the first place merely a storefront on Amazon to lure people in and take/steal said monies.

Still at least they are beginning to take some notice, it will probably click after a while when the complaints start pouring in.

Meanwhile it's almost like an addiction, I can't help looking for these rogues. incidentally mports, I have found many of the same names as you.

Meanwhile it's almost like an addiction, I can't help looking for these rogues. incidentally mports, I have found many of the same names as you.

I know what you mean about addiction LOL, - I'm just focusing on fountain pens, I dread to think how many other false / scam items are being listed, it must be in the thousands!

Amazon appears to have totally lost control of its marketplace & the scammers know it

I know what you mean about addiction LOL, - I'm just focusing on fountain pens, I dread to think how many other false / scam items are being listed, it must be in the thousands!

Amazon appears to have totally lost control of its marketplace & the scammers know it

I know what you both mean too. I daren't even look at other products. :(

I read this article a few weeks ago, and then started seeing a few sellers offering Iroshizuku for £10 on UK Amazon. Seems to be an increasing problem.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshepard/2017/01/02/amazon-scams-on-the-rise-in-2017-as-fraudulent-sellers-run-amok-and-profit-big/#38d1ccb93ea6

I wouldn't be too quick to report that as fraud unless it is clear it is. Two years ago I bought most of my Iro ink off Amazon (about 12 bottles in all) and never paid anything over E12.50. Sometimes they had free shipping, sometimes not; most came from Japan and China. These sellers disappeared for a while, but it would be nice to see them come back. They usually had about a third of Iro stock at these low prices (and tended to be the most popular colours) and the rest at the usual inflated western prices.

I happened across iPhone cases, they're not that expensive anyway but there must have been hundreds just in the small samples I delved into. I have told Amazon that they appear to have an infestation of these rogues. The ones I first found were all shown as based in USA somewhere but my pen is supposed to be shipping from China. I got the China Post tracking number but when I try to track it, guess what? it tells me they are still waiting to receive it.

So following this I looked at a few sellers shown as based in China and the 'Just launched' ones I saw all had the same signature (341 pages etc.). I can't say for sure they are all in China but I wouldn't be surprised. And it's not that unexpected, they will be much harder to trace in China than the USA.

Some items I searched for were overrun by this plague, I had to scroll down quite some way to find legitimate traders. Maybe someone or maybe a group has some plan to cripple Amazon? It sounds a bit sinister, but who knows?

I think I will do what I can to wipe out as many as possible, but as I said it looks like an infestation, it really needs someone to develop a software pesticide to deal with it.

The main problem to me, though, seems to be Amazon's own fault, they pay these "sellers" when they say the item is dispatched. So far as I know they don't verify this, they just pay them.

don't expect Amazon will take any notice but I suggested, when the trader quotes 3 weeks delivery they should not pay out to new accounts for 6 weeks, that way there would be plenty of customer complaints to highlight the problem. Most suppliers use similar tactics to weed out problem clients before they become a real headache.

This really is beginning to become some kind of obsession...... Now where's that whiskey bottle, I need to relax and wind down a bit.