Favourite Fountain Pens?

CharlieAndrews

Hey Y'all!

What are your favourite fountain pens?!

I love my Parker Sonnet with the Black Parker Quink Ink!

-Charles

Edited by CharlieAndrews

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• mitto

• inkstainedruth

• CharlieAndrews

Cross Bailey inexpensive. Works great.

Waterman model ? About $50. Great.

Montblanc 144

Montblanc Nobless Oblige. The MB work well but seem to require more cleaning than others.

Hi Charles,

My L2K. :) After this, it becomes a blur trying to rank the rest.

- Anthony

Too hard to answer. Although, I'd be hard pressed to disagree with the L2K

Allan😀😀

Sailor pro gear MF for the feel of it and the connection it makes with the paper while I'm writing. For me a pen is all about the nib.

Edited by Bluey

Sheaffer Snorkel

Waterman 100 Year

Waterman Charleston

But what is your favorite ink to put in your favorite pens?

Maybe you should give the thread about top 5 pens a look ;)

I agree the L2k is one of my top 5. Also included are my three Franklin-Christoph pens (31,p66,45XLV), Pelikan M215.

Here are my top ones, in no particular order:

Edison Collier 1.1mm steel italic nib

Aurora Optima italic

Delta Dolce Vita stub

Cheers,

Pierre

Aurora 88

Pelikan 400 Red

Krone Molten

Platinum Fuijin Raijin

Sailor Kabazaiku

Sheaffer Legacy II

Stipula Bellini

Visconti Van Gogh

Waterman C/F

I could go on, but those are some of my highlights...

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

Sheaffer PFMs, TM Snorkels, Imperial Touchdown, Parker 51s, 75s, VPs, VSs, Vacumatics, Pelikan 400s, 140s, IBISs, Watermans 52s and a lot others.

Khan M. Ilyas

Sheaffer PFMs, TM Snorkels, Imperial Touchdown, Parker 51s, 75s, VPs, VSs, Vacumatics, Pelikan 400s, 140s, IBISs, Watermans 52s and a lot others.

A person after my own heart. I admit I'm counting the days until the D.C. Show. I'm dying to get my hands on a Sheaffer TM. I love my Snorkels so much I can't wait to see if I'll love those as much. And if the price is right :)

Forgot to mention my CS 475s and Exucutive 60s in cracked ice pattern and MB 146s (beside other vintage MB models).

Khan M. Ilyas

It is so hard to come up with one pen I love...but there is one pen that is in my pen case almost all the time and that is Parker Vacumatic with fine nib, it's smooth and all-rounder pen (can write and draw).

I currently have Sailor Jentle "Rikyu-Cha" in the pen.

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

I can understand why threads of this nature are popular. An occasional journal I keep is littered with raves about various of my pens. I could safely say that I like about half of them more than about the other half. :)

Having seven inked now, I will essay some favourites among them, alphabetically:

Aurora 88 (vintage)

Aurora 88P (vintage of course)

Pelikan M900 ( = M800+money)

Losers there were wonderful and satisfying pens from (alphabetically again) Onoto, S T Dupont, and Waterman. Just do not try to take any of those from me.

X

I have about 7 pens that are always inked up, the rest gets mostly neglected. The pens are: Lamy 2k, VP, TWSBI Eco, TWSBI 580 with Faber Castell nib, TWSBI vac mini (though this pen broke the day before yesterday), Parker Slimfold, Parker 45.

I rediscovered one of my first fountain pens ever this week, a Waterman Apostrophe that is amazingly smooth.. That might join the club of favourite pens.

Right now it's something like:

Lamy Logo (stainless steel) in F

Platinum Plaisir (black) in F

Kaweco Liliput (black, with clip) in F

Nemosine Singularity with a modified Noodler's flex nib.

Rotring art pen in EF.

My Visconti Homo Sapiens would be the pen I would take to a desert Island if I could only take one.

After that probably my Pelikan M800.

Both pens have ef nibs that are WET - seems to be my sweetspot these days.

I'm always unable to decide between the Lamy 2000 and Pilot Vanishing Point, and now I think I have to add a third: the Wing Sung 698.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

Hi Charles,

My L2K. :) After this, it becomes a blur trying to rank the rest.

- Anthony

Since coming into the world of Fountain pens, I've wanted to get a Lamy 2000! I've heard nothing but great reviews about that pen! Should I take the plunge?