• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• touzeen

• Mr.Rene

• rjbull

@marcelo @rjbull here is a comparison with the 849 BP:

20258034_10154512303186008_5113434285870

@Ayami_109 these are my current orange pens,after disposing off the cheapies. Orange pens just make me happy!:

20374352_10154512303261008_2177070639013

@Algester Its surely a sign of good things to come!

Those are great looking Orange pens; I like them as well. My first two new fountain pens were both orange & several years later I still watch for them, after buying a few more. The only thing that makes me happier than an orange pen is one filled with orange ink!

@marcelo @rjbull here is a comparison with the 849 BP:

20258034_10154512303186008_5113434285870

Well, well... I should have dug out an 849 BP to check. They're a bit smaller than most things; that seems to have made me remember them as much smaller. So much for faulty memory. I'd be interested in a petite pen with a cap that stays on firmly. This might not be it.

touzeen, Thanks for taking the trouble!

Those are great looking Orange pens; I like them as well. My first two new fountain pens were both orange & several years later I still watch for them, after buying a few more. The only thing that makes me happier than an orange pen is one filled with orange ink!

I recommend Cult Pens Deep Dark Orange, which should make you *very* happy :)

Find it here: https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/CU27900/cult-pens-deep-dark-fountain-pen-ink-80ml

I like their Cult Pens Deep Dark Blue, Green, and Red too, but haven't tried their DD Purple or Brown.

Not quite the same.

Thanks for the reply! I still think it's a rather weird nib. Kind of like a Lamy with a more dramatic taper. Perhaps it would look a little better had it been hooded? Like the old Montegrappa Parola?

Well, well... I should have dug out an 849 BP to check. They're a bit smaller than most things; that seems to have made me remember them as much smaller. So much for faulty memory. I'd be interested in a petite pen with a cap that stays on firmly. This might not be it.

touzeen, Thanks for taking the trouble!

Now, an 849 xs (ballpoint, mp and fp) would be freaking awesome! I don't know why CdA never considered that. They already make the Ecridor xs, so I bet it wouldn't be that difficult to make a smaller 849...

@rjbull are those Cult Pen exclusives? Any writing samples for the Deep Dark Orange?

I'm currently using Caran d'Ache Saffron, but have to use it sparingly...

• 1 month later...

The nib is a real let down. Skips a lot and has become a regret spend.

In my experience, Caran d'ache are very dry pens - so you need really wet inks for them to work. I got lots of hard starts and then I switched to C'DA's inks - and no problem.

S

In my experience, Caran d'ache are very dry pens - so you need really wet inks for them to work. I got lots of hard starts and then I switched to C'DA's inks - and no problem.

S

I found the same (or use a very tiny bit of dish soap!!)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Does anyone know if there are plans to make a goldbar version? I emailed caran d'ache about it maybe a month ago and they had no plans to do it. I have a ball point goldbar but rarely use it because, not a fountain pen. I would love to have a goldbar fountain pen though! Is the 849 fountain pen body metal? Maybe I can just build my own goldbar. I don't want to wait years for this pen.

Edit: just read it's metal.

Edited by sub_bluesy

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

• 3 years later...

Sorry to say, the looks are better than the quality...  A few months after receiving a red pen with EF nib, the plastic barrel cracked and had to be replaced.  I have used it almost daily to write down a few words in my todo list, and now the split seems very loose, and the nib almost alignes with the outer feeder part, making it impossible to write without making broad lines from the feeder touching the paper..