Upload Trial

Admin

Hello Good People of FPN :)

Under popular pressure, and after consultation with FPN's Patron Saint, Cam, we have enabled the upload function. This will be a trial, and might be disabled if this adds too much load on Cam's server.

In practice, you can now upload pictures directly on FPN's server, by using the field "File Attachments" at the bottom of the form when you compose a post. Please keep the pictures at reasonable size (less than 800x600).

Note that you can attach only one file per post. The picture will be displayed at the end of your post, such as the one below.

Have fun :)

post-9-1120674349_thumb.jpg

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Titivillus

• framebaer

• RSVP

• Admin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Good People of FPN :)

Under popular pressure, and after consultation with FPN's Patron Saint, Cam, we have enabled the upload function. This will be a trial, and might be disabled if this adds too much load on Cam's server.

In practice, you can now upload pictures directly on FPN's server, by using the field "File Attachments" at the bottom of the form when you compose a post. Please keep the pictures at reasonable size (less than 800x600).

Note that you can attach only one file per post. The picture will be displayed at the end of your post, such as the one below.

Have fun :)

Can you give more hints on where the file upload button is! I can't seem to find it.

K H

Guest Denis Richard

Hi Kurt,

when you compose, you have the input field with the smilies list on the left, then (lower), you have "Post Options", the "Post Icons", and right below that you should now see "File Attachments" with a one-line input field and a "Browse button". Let me know if it is not there and I'll check what's wrong.

Denis.

Hi Kurt,

when you compose, you have the input field with the smilies list on the left, then (lower), you have "Post Options", the "Post Icons", and right below that you should now see "File Attachments" with a one-line input field and a "Browse button". Let me know if it is not there and I'll check what's wrong.

Denis.

Found it this time. I don't know if it wasn't there or I just wasn't scrolling down far enough.

But I have tried to upload 4 different files of various type/ size and none seem to have caught!

K H

Edited by Tytyvyllus

Guest Denis Richard

Hi Kurt,

it will accept the following extensions : gif,jpeg,jpg,png

Note that the pictures will not appear in the preview of your post, but only after you submit. Also, if you preview, it will forget the file, and you have to attach it before submitting.

Hope this helps.

Denis.

Any luck, Kurt ?

And how do we join the masonic pen club ? :lol:

I just uploaded a pen review and it worked well.

Kurt

2B1 Ask1 ;)

• 1 year later...
It is really??

Yes it is much easier than an upload to photobucket or any of the other site based storage areas.

If you wish to include a picture with your post then you hit one button to browser to the location on your computer where the file is then hit open.

A bit simpler than having to upload your file to a site then copy and paste the address into the body of the post.

K

• 1 month later...

testing the system.

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Cool feature, ho it works well albeit a little slow on the upload.

These september spiders are always the biggest here in New england. They must know their time is very limited, a few last meals before cold void!!

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Testing

Tried. getting this mesage: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Explain pls

Peter

Testing

Tried. getting this mesage: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Explain pls

Peter

That is a standard message, generated when you use a picture format not allowed on this board.

It is only possible to use .jpg, .png, and .bmp if I am not mistaken. It actually mentions the types when uploading, as far as I can remember.

BTW, a question like this si best asked in Members Helping Members, if you don't mind too much, next time.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever