New Upcoming Ink From Papier Plume - Red Beans With Rice

Jackokun

Hi,

I got the ok to note that Papier Plume will be releasing a new ink for the the Miami Pen Show on July 14th. the new Ink is called "Red Beans and Rice"

​here is a picture of the bottles

post-121990-0-42876000-1499202768.jpg

This would not be a limited ink as they plan to make a large batch of it, BUT they did said that when it's gone, it'll be gone for a while.

I'll post a splash of the ink later tonight and do plan to post a review of this ink later this week!. Hope this will be of interest :)

Here are some samples, first glance , good saturation, good texture, mild shading

Col-o-ring

http://i.imgur.com/iXSXUVp.jpg

Rhodia

http://i.imgur.com/ItHBsZH.jpg

Tomoe River

http://i.imgur.com/1yAvxpj.jpg

Cheers

Jack

Edited by Jackokun

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

--- Erasmus --- sort of http://fpgeeks.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackokun

• Barkingpig

• JefferyS

• Chrissy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for this head's up!

EVERY post you offer is "of interest," because you always share a wonderful & thorough introduction to exciting inks! I will wait patiently for your review.

Red beans and rice are a local staple on Mondays. My wife managed to find some red bean ice cream. I DON'T recommend that!

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Thank you for this head's up!

EVERY post you offer is "of interest," because you always share a wonderful & thorough introduction to exciting inks! I will wait patiently for your review.

Thank you very much Sir!

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

Red beans and rice are a local staple on Mondays. My wife managed to find some red bean ice cream. I DON'T recommend that!

:lol: :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lol:

Thank you for showing that to us. I like the look of this one. :)

it is a winner !

Looks good ta me. Does it smell like chilli con carne?

:o :o

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks for heads up! This ink just rose to the top of the "gotta have" list for me! Love the color and the name. 😀

Papier Plume quickly becomes one of my favorite ink maker.

I have Moss Green and the Lake Michigan Summer (LE for Chicago Pen Show).

This ink looks as tasty as its namesake :)

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

Mmmm. Toss some of that my way. Pickled pork, filé, a nice cold beer, I'm good. Wait... I drifted somehow.

Edited by Flaxmoore

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

Was always Ranch Style Beans or black beans and rice for my family.

B e A N S... :drool:

Mmmm. Toss some of that my way. Pickled pork, filé, a nice cold beer, I'm good. Wait... I drifted somehow.

Flavors of NOLA :D

Was always Ranch Style Beans or black beans and rice for my family.

B e A N S... :drool:

Flavors of NOLA :D

Updated with some ink samples!

Looks good ta me. Does it smell like chilli con carne?

:o :o

Sniff test yields to no. It does have a faint smell but it does not make me want to go and have some food though. Granted when I got the sample a name had not been chosen.

:o :drool:

Thanks for heads up! This ink just rose to the top of the "gotta have" list for me! Love the color and the name. 😀

That name just grows on you, doesn't it?

Papier Plume quickly becomes one of my favorite ink maker.

I have Moss Green and the Lake Michigan Summer (LE for Chicago Pen Show).

This ink looks as tasty as its namesake :)

Try their oyster grey and Caramel they are fantastic too

Thank you for the updated samples of this beautiful ink! It keeps looking better, the more I see of it; July seems like a long wait but you have made us aware it will be "worth the wait." When you show an ink "pooling," resistance is futile...........

Wow, this looks awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on some!

Looking forward to the review! :-)

katadare

It does remind me of Japanese red beans (azuki).

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Thanks for the heads up. It looks a little more saturated that their other inks that I've tried.

Thanks for the heads up and for the sample pics. It's definitely on my must-have list!