Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Fountain Pen Friendly Teacher Plan Books

MZielinski

Calling all teachers -- does anyone have any lesson plan books that they find to be fountain pen-friendly? I'm (obviously) old fashioned and I like writing my lesson plans in a book. Usually I use my Pilot Custom 823 in a Fine nib. But even with that thin of a nib, there was a lot of bleeding and bleed-through with the book that I used. So, I'm definitely in the market for a plan book that uses better quality paper and was hoping for some suggestions. Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kestrel

• MZielinski

• TSherbs

• FOUR X FOUR

BLACK & RED has some inexpensive books that are FP friendly. Also, Moleskine "SKETCH" is FP friendly. This probably doesn't offer you much help.😀😀

Our administration required plans to be available a week in advance and then thought nothing of changing schedules on short notice (We will have a pep rally tomorrow during sixth period, for example) so I always did mine in pencil. Giant pencils with really big erasers.

But, to answer your question. The site below has downloadable templates for lesson books. There are others. Just Google Teacher Lesson Planning Book Downloads and check what pops up after the ads. Then you can use your own paper. Only the best is good enough for a Pilot Custom.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Printable-Lesson-Plan-Book-306756

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 1 month later...

I am a teacher and I grade with my fp's,but I plan with a pencil.

if you use a pencil does it mean you often have to re-order your plan? That 's what I find most difficult with a written planner. But I still use my FP for my planner, I don't mind crossing and re-writing when necessary.

if you use a pencil does it mean you often have to re-order your plan? That 's what I find most difficult with a written planner. But I still use my FP for my planner, I don't mind crossing and re-writing when necessary.

I make and print my own planning sheets. I keep them in a file folder. I don't use planner books.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently discovered BlueSky products. BlueSky makes notebooks, planners, and those deskpad calendars like the ones you find in big box office supply stores, the kind with two holes in the top border so you can hang it on the wall. Walmart, Target, and Staples sell BlueSky products. Every notebook I've bought and even the deskpad calendar I bought is FP-friendly. I can't vouch specifically for the Teacher's Plan Book: I haven't used it and I haven't inspected it to verify that the paper is the same. But I've seen it at all three stores. Check it out.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

Clairefontaine makes a teacher's planning book, called "agenda de bord" with 90 g paper.

Amazon France sells it in 4 and 6 column versions, but I'm not sure if you can get it from a supplier in the United States.

yes, they are nib-friendly. But now I'd rather buy a notebook and draw the lines I need :)

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.