VENVSTAS

The price of the pens will depends on the nibs, which are also overpriced

Have you considered checking out nibs from the Indian company Ambitious? They tend to write surprisingly smoothly considering the price (at least according to my experience), though unfortunately they often seem to turn up in pens with feeds that don't work too well.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VENVSTAS

• Honeybadgers

• fountainbel

• AltecGreen

Have you considered checking out nibs from the Indian company Ambitious? They tend to write surprisingly smoothly considering the price (at least according to my experience), though unfortunately they often seem to turn up in pens with feeds that don't work too well.

I know them, I met them in Frankfurt in "paper world", nice people. I met them two years ago while meeting with Jowo, and I check their nibs. Actually from them I had samples, I've been trying to contact them, but with no success, as i have one of their titanium nibs, but I had some issues with it. Maybe is the feed, although we make our feeds eventually, but unfortunately I have not the original feed, so I have no idea, it has a stamp from a japanese online retailer that was badgering some pens, I've checked them but now they use bock. So far the only two that are using titanium are Bock and them, if somebody know a third, message me, because I think that's it.

They also say they do "music nibs", maybe they are doing the nibs on the noodlers pens, I have not tried those, only the regular steel ones and one in titanium. Unfortunately I have not tried enough their nibs, they seem to be compatible with the 250 Bock, so, a bit under 6, a nib I have tried quite a lot (bock 250) in early pens before switching completely to Jowo and you can see in almost all pens in kickstarter. If the nibs are good I wouldn't mind considering them, but only the titanium ones, as i don't have a titanium jowo, nor Im in the position to make them do a custom nib in titanium, that cost pots of money. I've tried their other nibs in paper world, but I reserve my opinion. Overall, they are nice people and they seem to be pushing into making quality things, they also make if Im not wrong a 9k nib....I wonder if it would be possible for them to make something close to a vintage, that kind of nib we all know that's flexible, its not a flex, but if you push it you get that line variation, I like for drawing, others here Im sure they like for writing. So by now this pen with the vac system I have will go out with a 14K Number 6 Jowo EF/F/M//B/BB custom grinding and all the flowers, maybe Rhodium plated, but I don't see the point of plating gold, so I don't know (stay with what ya know) as the pen is all new and the most complicated design from me to date, so I don't wanna screw it up with nibs I don't know, Today I have been testing the third prototype now with a Number 6 Jowo, and a new button design for cap posting, so the pen is ready. Alternatively I have tried it as seen in the pictures with the 250 bock in titanium and steel, also with the indian nib (yes, I tried it, but the best results are with the number 6 Jowo). In any case the feed will be the one seen on the pictures, a carbon fiber custom feed with an extended capillar surface to increase the flow. So the pen is more "wet" than with a regular feed.

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

• 4 weeks later...

The pen is out and I'll add a link in another post, and later in this one. Here the final characteristics of the pen. the cap post, and there's no blind cap. The button locks. After long testing the pen has proven reliable. Finally it won't be out with titanium nibs, as I do not wanna use bock. considering that titanium costs 10 times less than gold, it really makes no sense to me.......that's all. We'll make only 20 of these, no plans to make more, at least this year. We'll start production in 2 weeks, and as its a rather complicated pen, I think they will be getting out of Paris around November, early December.

Venvstas V.A.C.

Characteristics:

Materials: Carbon fiber body and fiberglass. Carbon fiber feed with carbon fiber nib casing. Carbon fiber mechanism.

System: Vacumatic type w/piston; exposed button with locking system (no blind cap). Spring action. 2.2ml of effective ink capacity.

Nibs: Jowo 6mm 14k EF/F/M/B/BB

Dimensions:

Length: capped 155mm uncapped 152mm

Width: 9-11mm

Weight: 18g

Number of units to be manufactured: 20

Delivery expected in November.

Carbon Fiber Pen Case included.

post-126250-0-86045000-1502392736_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-88695000-1502393429_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-97282800-1502393465_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-60500900-1502393635_thumb.jpg

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

• 3 weeks later...

This is a prototype at the moment for a pen that will be made in very small quantities. 10 (ten) The pen is all hand made, it was born out of an experiment, making a pen with an overlay and ink window, personally I like the syringe type, but in this case, an overlay made more clear the need for a longer body and a small blind cap and a big ink reservoir, therefore I thought why not to make a vacumatic type of pen, but, we do not have diaphragms, and they complicate the construction of the pen, the solution was to replace what in a parker would be a latex diaphragm by the same type of pistons we use in slim pens like the vulcain and calame. One member of the forum asked me why not to make a vacumatic, but the diaphragm is something I dont like, since latex dries out quickly, it decomposes quickly and gets eaten by some inks,.......to make it short, you move a piston instead. The breath tube is made of inox built in the carbon fiber feed which is 6mm (nobody makes those, except us) and comes from another pen that's been in the catalog that uses them, therefore the whole unit can be easily taken away for cleaning. The whole pen can be dismantled by taken away the two screws, that removes the piston unit and the overlay everything at once. So you can clean it.

What a cool looking futuristic pen.

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

Keep up the good work Venvstas.

Your designs are some of the most refreshingly original on the market.

I have several of your pens on my grail list, the only thing that's holding me back is the way the price escalates with the nib choices I want.

• 5 months later...

Keep up the good work Venvstas.

Your designs are some of the most refreshingly original on the market.

I have several of your pens on my grail list, the only thing that's holding me back is the way the price escalates with the nib choices I want.

Thank you! I understand, we're trying to lower the prices for them. We have better prices on the 5mm 18k for the carbonT and the Schreibmeister line, but the idea is to finish with the option of 18k for 6mm. I don't want to start the old 14kvs18k discussion, but we just think that for our type of pens 14k offers better experience and will allow to have better prices. 18k is just too soft and this pens are not pens for just signing, they were designed for everyday tasks.

Try the steel ones, they won't let you down!

by the way, the pen that was just a prototype in this article is on the list since some time now, the first were already shipped and we're waiting for customer feedback.

https://www.venvstas.com/shamash

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com