VENVSTAS

This is a prototype at the moment for a pen that will be made in very small quantities. 10 (ten) The pen is all hand made, it was born out of an experiment, making a pen with an overlay and ink window, personally I like the syringe type, but in this case, an overlay made more clear the need for a longer body and a small blind cap and a big ink reservoir, therefore I thought why not to make a vacumatic type of pen, but, we do not have diaphragms, and they complicate the construction of the pen, the solution was to replace what in a parker would be a latex diaphragm by the same type of pistons we use in slim pens like the vulcain and calame. One member of the forum asked me why not to make a vacumatic, but the diaphragm is something I dont like, since latex dries out quickly, it decomposes quickly and gets eaten by some inks,.......to make it short, you move a piston instead. The breath tube is made of inox built in the carbon fiber feed which is 6mm (nobody makes those, except us) and comes from another pen that's been in the catalog that uses them, therefore the whole unit can be easily taken away for cleaning. The whole pen can be dismantled by taken away the two screws, that removes the piston unit and the overlay everything at once. So you can clean it.

post-126250-0-62316300-1497906781_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-38661200-1497907514_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-08987100-1497907746_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-40239000-1497907996_thumb.jpg

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VENVSTAS

• Honeybadgers

• fountainbel

• Aramchek

The filler sounds like a modern version of a Dunn or Omas's Stantuffo Tuffante filler from the vintage Extra Lucens or Lucens pen.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

The filler sounds like a modern version of a Dunn or Omas's Stantuffo Tuffante filler from the vintage Extra Lucens or Lucens pen.

I would say that I just want to strip the idea to the minimum, making it very simple, to my mind as a designer its not how complicated you make things but the contrary, and the whole system is made in carbon fiber, so you don't have a heavy thing at the end of the pen and you can keep a decent balance, and overall weigh of the pen, this pens can whole a lot of ink, and ink is.......heavy

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

Nice Lucio !

I've made a similar filling system 10 years ago, see :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/75672-conid-pump-filler/

Wishing you success !

Francis

Dear Francis,

I don't see how the ink reach the feed once the level is below the end of the stainless steel tube.

Brian Edison modify the standard Jowo housing for his vacumatic pens. Do you also modify the Bock hpusing?

Thanks,

Rafael

Dear Francis,

I don't see how the ink reach the feed once the level is below the end of the stainless steel tube.

Brian Edison modify the standard Jowo housing for his vacumatic pens. Do you also modify the Bock hpusing?

Thanks,

Rafael

Dear Rafael,

I've made a small transversal hole in the breather tube allowing the ink entering at lowering ink level.

This hole is also needed for emptying the pen.

The tube fits on the nib unit nipple and the (one sided) hole was drilled coming just above the nipple of the nib unit.

Doing so I did not need to adapt the standard Bock nib unit.

Francis

Dear Rafael,

I've made a small transversal hole in the breather tube allowing the ink entering at lowering ink level.

The tube fits on the nib unit nipple and the (one sided) hole was drilled coming just above the nipple of the nib unit.

Francis

Dear Rafael,

Francis

Bonsoir Francis, tu vas bien? Merci pour tes mots,

Bravo pour la Conid, j'aime bien le système pur attacher le capuchon, c'est trop cool. (I'll continue in english we're not in styloplume.org)

Regarding the question to you from Raphael....yes, that..I solved that in a different way, as I dont use standard housing, but a carbon fiber one, the tube goes just through it. Im not using Bock, Im using Jowo, and with Jowo it should be easier, the placing of a tube in the feed, with the Bock ones it is more difficult, it turned out that one pen I have called the Avance (Im attaching picture) because of some mumble jumble of doing an all carbon pen, I decided to not use the Jowo feeds, I was afraid that the tube may get loose or something, .......therefore I use the feed of the avance, which is a custom feed, one of my own in carbon fiber feeds, so far I can say they are very good, and they look similar to an ebonite feed. The thing is that I can drill it and place a 2.5mm inox tube that just fits by preasure and after that I drill a hole through the feed in the channel to the tube itself, therefore you have the connection you need to fill the pen.....what else, I have never seen a vacumatic myself, so I think this is how it was made originally, Im sure that a lot of people here and you too knows them well, I was reading what you wrote on your pen, I agree on that you start playing with this filling systems because the "reluctant people" , the syringe may be seen as a strange thing for some, I even sold a few od a pen called Magna, which loads a decent amount of ink, well above 2.0ml, but a client sent me a drawing for the ideal Magna, sudenly the pump was gone and epears a diaframg, and I think, well this seems how many people think.....so I got to your very same conclusion.

I dont use the plunger, but yes the pump in a more simple system, a syringe, and a few variations, and to me is so much easy a plunger or a syringe, its easier to clean and so on, its faster to fill yes, but somehow I was working on a pen with an overlay and it came natural at the end,

I'll post the pen all disassembled as its fun to see.

here the pen that's all carbon.

554783ad008.jpg

Give my salutations to Werner, I hope he's enjoying the pens, I've changed them now a lot.

Saludos Rafel!

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

Nice Lucio !

I've made a similar filling system 10 years ago, see :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/75672-conid-pump-filler/

Wishing you success !

Francis

Merci Francis,

Here I have dismantled the whole thing, I just made the tube to go right inside the feed. then both get drilled. The hood ca be removed, the nib case is in carbon the feed is in carbon and the piston is very simple it goes out in a complete unit. I may get a shorter spring maybe, but also I think a longer stroke at the end reduces the time of pressing the button. I have been always looking at the difficulty of servicing this pens when with a diaphragm. therefore to think in something you can fix with a hammer....the whole pen is dismantled by removing two screws.

post-126250-0-61682200-1497984023_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-62481400-1497984048_thumb.jpg

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

No idea about them, I just took a look on the vacumatic and adapted it to what I have, I guess many are doing so in order to avoid the diaphragm, at the end they have similar problems to the ink sac, and I don't know of any silicon made diaphragm, with that eventually you could have a more long lasting one, thank you for the comment, I'll take a look on those pens.

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

How much would one of these bad boys be selling for?

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

How much would one of these bad boys be selling for?

Don't know yet, but cheaper than many pens out there.............it will be with custom grinding 14k or 18k. Gold nibs will be flat rate, so you can pick the grinding and the type of nib and it will be the same price, it will come with a leather pouch and a pen case.........Im working on that. For sure the whole mechanism will remain in carbon although the spring may be a bit shorter in the final version. I'll keep posting about this guy.

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

• 3 weeks later...

It will go out at the moment in the carbon version, the metal one is on hold after the Paris design week....I made a post on this one, the figures are similar expect, its lighter, made of carbon of course and has no blind cap. I was thinking that the blind cap is something I wanted to eliminate, so this one has a button that you can see, it has an inner locking mechanism to prevent accidental action of the spring.

post-126250-0-62365800-1499636005_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-74083500-1499636015_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-98824700-1499636027_thumb.jpg

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

I love the look of these pens!! I'll be keeping an eye out for when they can be purchased :)

I love the look of these pens!! I'll be keeping an eye out for when they can be purchased :)

Thank you! I think I may do a sort of mini campaign on this one here and there, the pen is still under testing, a second prototype will be made, with some improvements, for isntace in this one the cap cannot post, but the 2 version yes, When Im using it franckly I don't know what to do with the cap and I guess everybody will feel the same, it can be used with no posting, of course, I'll post more on this one soon.

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

Is the lack of a blind cap going to cause you have to be careful not to press it? or after filling, can you lock it?

I'm still very interested, though it may be a couple months before I can afford one. I'm not super interested in that design of carbon and metal, it reminds me of exposed bones set in charred flesh, as dark as it is, as a medic, I've seen that often enough and really don't like it.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Is the lack of a blind cap going to cause you have to be careful not to press it? or after filling, can you lock it?

I'm still very interested, though it may be a couple months before I can afford one. I'm not super interested in that design of carbon and metal, it reminds me of exposed bones set in charred flesh, as dark as it is, as a medic, I've seen that often enough and really don't like it.

No, actually not. The first prototype had a blind cap.........and I decided to go for a different solution with the second; when loading you make a first push that's a noticeably harder than usual, then you just pump, push the button...when you finish loading you pull the button up until you hear a click and the pen makes a last load. So it's locked. I can understand that the first one looks like a medical instrument of some kind. Actually Im not so sure about making that one at the moment until we get around some machines we don't have right now, the black one yes, definitely as its made under the platform and tooling of the "avance". Still Im not sure about if with titanium, this has more to do with the availability of the nibs, prices, how many pens are going to be made, etc, although the carbon fiber feed that is on these pens is compatible with any number 6 nib. I've tried many so far. One thing Im sure yes is that the nib won't be regular steel. 14K and 18K Number six options I can confirm.

Don't worry, I don't think the pen will be available yet, so in two months actually is when it will be out. Price is not yet set, but it will be around what an Avance, cost (lets consider the Avance the flag ship) The first one was going to be a limited run, the metal one, very limited series, this one on carbon will be limited yes but with a bigger number than the other one. What else, the cap will post, that's the only difference....with what's on the pictures, Im looking forward to do this pen, I quite like it. Thank you!

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

I like the mechanism you're describing. And how on earth did you make a carbon fiber feed?! Are you machining resin set carbon fiber rod, or somehow casting a feed?

It's amazing that a CF feed even works!

so are we talking ~225 euros, or is that the price for the steel nib, and we can expect this to be in the 300+ range?

I'm in bloody love with basically all of your designs. I've been kind of wondering what a more "futuristic" looking fountain pen would look like. I think you've absolutely nailed it. In a month or so I'm probably going to go for a carbon T - do you do custom grinds on them? Is the feed plastic, ebonite, carbon fiber? Is the carbon t a #6 nib? The pictures on your site make it look like a more proprietary nib. Do you have pictures of that model with a clip, and/or disassembled?

Edited by Honeybadgers

I like the mechanism you're describing. And how on earth did you make a carbon fiber feed?! Are you machining resin set carbon fiber rod, or somehow casting a feed?

It's amazing that a CF feed even works!

so are we talking ~225 euros, or is that the price for the steel nib, and we can expect this to be in the 300+ range?

I'm in bloody love with basically all of your designs. I've been kind of wondering what a more "futuristic" looking fountain pen would look like. I think you've absolutely nailed it. In a month or so I'm probably going to go for a carbon T - do you do custom grinds on them? Is the feed plastic, ebonite, carbon fiber? Is the carbon t a #6 nib? The pictures on your site make it look like a more proprietary nib. Do you have pictures of that model with a clip, and/or disassembled?

Hi Doc, well, I have developed a machine that make these feeds, and the feed design Im improving. It's not casting, actually comes by turning a rod, they work and were developed after considering that ebonite feeds on the market were really overpriced, there's a lot of stuff on this business that's really overpriced. The price of the pens will depends on the nibs, which are also overpriced........I'll take out this pen next week at one point after some more testing on the button, as its needed to make a prototype that allows the cap to post, when testing I frankly fo not know what to do with the cap, therefore It will post, its ore practical, so you don't loose it. There's yes on the papers right now a design that's more futuristic,we have the 3D model and it will be printed soon for having a mock-up, we're trying to finish it by September, but I think it won't be possible. Its a very complex design. Also there're plans for a cap-less, plans are ready, but it will be out next year. The "vacumatic" is the first phase for this pen, as I do not want to make yet another cc cap-less I want to make a pen that loads ink and also retracts the nib, like a french pen, the Pullman Météore

​Ok, going to the carbon T..........my favorite design and most accessible pen on the site the carbon t is a pen that's more normal lets say, it has nylon feed, steel nib, although it could go with a 18k, not yet custom grind at the moment, if you want one of those nibs write us an email before ordering, it maybe available, but they are expensive, so because of a practical reason and because is the pen that sells the most, gold nibs have not been an option since the introduction of the pen. in any case, I'll present soon here the carbon T all black with gold hardware. It will be a limited edition.

Gold plated clip, 18k nib and black glossy carbon fiber. write us contact@venvstas.com

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

Hey Venvstas. Your pen looks great. I have the Porsche Solid 3135. Your pen kinda looks like mine.

Allan😀😀