What Would Be A Good "red" Red

Mech-for-i

Dear fellow members, am looking for a " red " red, know, the kind that do not look orange or magenta , but solid red, like the Italian red Alfa Romeo used on their cars .. is there a good red ink that proximate or match !?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicolausPiscator

• inkstainedruth

• HalloweenHJB

• Mech-for-i

Hi Mech,

Diamine Matador Red.

It's a deep, but true red. It also has fantastic flow and lubrication. :)

Good luck in your quest.

- Anthony

[...] Diamine Matador Red. It's a deep, but true red. It also has fantastic flow and lubrication. [...]

Yes, I completely agree with you! I am just wondering whether this gorgeous red could be overridden?! Rouge hématite is also very good and a very present red but it is full of glitter particles which somehow disturb the colour and the properties of the ink. ... Tomorrow I will test Montblanc Shakespeare which had been recommended to me as being a wonderful and perfect red.

Dear fellow members, am looking for a " red " red, know, the kind that do not look orange or magenta , but solid red, like the Italian red Alfa Romeo used on their cars .. is there a good red ink that proximate or match !?

If you're looking for a vivid "Alfa Romeo Red," I think that the Shakespeare Velvet Red would be too dark.* To match the bright red of cars or fire engines, take a look at Montblanc Corn Poppy. That ink is much more like the one you refer to.

[* NicolausPistcator: Velvet Red is quite beautiful, but dark and moody. You'll love it!]

If you're looking for a "smack in the middle of the spectrum" red, I'd say have a look at Diamine Classic Red. If you need something with serious permanence, there's Noodler's Park Red (a little pinker than the Diamine Classic Red, but pretty rugged).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sheaffer Red has been my standard red.

It does NOT have an orange tint.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

[...]

[* NicolausPistcator: Velvet Red is quite beautiful, but dark and moody. You'll love it!]

Oh! I fear that you are right... I think I am developing an ink crisis...

Oh! I fear that you are right... I think I am developing an ink crisis...

Join. The. Club. ;)

+1

By the way, is Pilot red ink in bottles the same ink which is in Pilot Varsity / V-pens? I guess that it is, but haven't found any answer.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Sheaffer Skrip Red - True Christmas and Valentine red.

I'll disagree with the people pushing Skrip Red -- in my experience it's more of a darker, almost a blood red, red. Okay if that's what you want, but I didn't....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

rich wet dark/opaque (not much shading)

KWZ Theif's Red.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/313647-kwz-ink-thiefs-red/

Otherwise, I adore MB Corn Poppy Red.

My DIamine Matador crudded up on me. Harmless but the above 2 are my favorites so far.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

I'm with goodpens, diamine poppy red is as red as it gets, at least to my eyes. Here compared to the much darker (end of bottle) rouge hematite. Lamy Vista M, Fabriano Taccia (hematite in F).

fpn_1497721210__img_20170617_123224.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Diamine Matador red, Diamine Classic Red, Montblanc Corn Poppy Red, Sheaffer Skrip Red.

Check out each manufacturer's red inks in the Ink Review Forum Index.

If you're looking for a "smack in the middle of the spectrum" red, I'd say have a look at Diamine Classic Red. If you need something with serious permanence, there's Noodler's Park Red (a little pinker than the Diamine Classic Red, but pretty rugged).

Another fan of Diamine Classic Red. It's name says it all. Classic.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks guy for all the suggestion, wager its time for me to set them up for experiment