Week #24 / 11 Jun: My Preciousssss - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

This week, use a limited edition ink, an exclusive ink, or your most treasured bottle.

As usual, don't forget to share with us your choice of ink, your writing, drawing, doodling or anything with the ink in this thread. You can take a photo, make a scan, or even better, write letters and CRV reviews (what is a CRV?) and mail them to the many ink pals here. You are welcome to check back on this thread even when we've gone past this week.

Click here to read more about this community project. Links to the two previous links can be found there too.

---------

Next week: We Have Your Inks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• FPRebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hm, unfortunately - at Ieast I think so - I neither posses a limited edition nor exclusive ink nor do I have most treasured bottle, but I do have a small bottle of Noodler's Tsvetayeva which came into my ink collection by an accident. I tried to get rid of it by selling it, by offering it for free and finally by sending generous ink samples to ink-friends, but it is still there! And while I meditated about your #24 WIP-challenge the thought grew in me that this tenacious ink would be in regard to my possibilities an appropriate answer. Voilà :

post-135263-0-97949500-1497194513_thumb.jpg

Bungubox Sweet Potato Purple. Hoping someday to get a full bottle.

fpn_1497196484__spp-week_24.jpeg

fpn_1497196070__liquid.jpg

Sigh, so sad that Konrad is always making his best inks so limited. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

This looks a little bluer on my screen than real life, but it's pretty close...

http://www.paradoxcommunity.com/vps/24rkblauschwartz.jpg

fpn_1497266027__electric002.jpg

I don't have any limited edition inks, but this one is pretty hard to come by in this neck of the woods, and I love it, and of course, use it sparingly.

The usual supplier has been out of stock for ages, and even the sample guy on Ebay is out of stock too.

I aint paying £25 to get a bottle shipped from the US, so I'll just have to wait 'til it becomes available again, even though I only have a ml or two left.

Ian

Edited by Ian the Jock

fpn_1497277111__project_52weeks_of_inks2

I had trouble choosing... again... almost as usual. So I'm including all three...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I am very much completely on the same wavelength as Newjelan - same ink, same paper...

34419458584_d9aa0308b6_c.jpg

34419462904_4db1bf5714_c.jpg

34419467444_45f0bebb26_c.jpg

And one of an earlier outing of Lamy Petrol, which I am also using this week

34574162750_ba5527523f_c.jpg

Oops

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I am very much completely on the same wavelength as Newjelan - same ink, same paper...And one of an earlier outing of Lamy Petrol, which I am also using this week

Snap!

I'm with you on both colours as well as the TR & Rhodia Dots. Now, if I could just get my handwriting to look as great as yours, it's beautiful and I have been admiring it for a while now.

fpn_1497438351__52weeeks-24.jpeg

So, how precious is PPS? Well, with bottles going for upwards of $300, I reckon I have about $150 worth in my stash...

To quote Moses - "From my cold, dead hands"...

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

So, how precious is PPS? Well, with bottles going for upwards of $300, I reckon I have about $150 worth in my stash...

To quote Moses - "From my cold, dead hands"...

For years, I have read the desperate anguish in people's posts regarding PPS. And I have never confessed this before, but I must finally. If the ink was sold in Europe (specifically Spain) between 1998-2003, and if it came in a bottle that looked like this (image found in a Google search):

fpn_1497445740__parker_penman_sapphire.j

then I had a large bottle of it many years ago. I was young(er), and less knowledgeable, less sophisticated about fountain pen inks back then. I didn't really care for the ink or the color. So after I had brought it home in my suitcase,

I threw it away.

My shame is great. So I quote the final line of Jorge Luis Borges' story, "The Form of the Sword":

"Now, despise me."

For years, I have read the desperate anguish in people's posts regarding PPS. And I have never confessed this before, but I must finally. If the ink was sold in Europe (specifically Spain) between 1998-2003, and if it came in a bottle that looked like this (image found in a Google search):

then I had a large bottle of it many years ago. I was young(er), and less knowledgeable, less sophisticated about fountain pen inks back then. I didn't really care for the ink or the color. So after I had brought it home in my suitcase,

I threw it away.

My shame is great. So I quote the final line of Jorge Luis Borges' story, "The Form of the Sword":

"Now, despise me."

No need to suffer alone, Halloween - I don't get what the hype is over this color. It's blue. (There, now they can despise me with you. ;) )

The precious cannot be experienced from scans on a screen.

Only when the ink is flowing from your pen - and in the act of writing, the volume of precious in your stash diminishes...

I do not despise those who do not love blue inks. In fact, not even those who throw perfectly fine inks away. (Maybe there will be a Bilbo who finds that thrown away bottle... and we'll have bilbobaggins next to sumgai one day).

But I'm sticking to my preciousss enjoyment. Especially since the scans I posted do not approach doing them justice. But when that pen glides over paper, leaving my doodles or thoughts... :cloud9:

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

The precious cannot be experienced from scans on a screen.

Only when the ink is flowing from your pen - and in the act of writing, the volume of precious in your stash diminishes...

I do not despise those who do not love blue inks. In fact, not even those who throw perfectly fine inks away. (Maybe there will be a Bilbo who finds that thrown away bottle... and we'll have bilbobaggins next to sumgai one day).

But I'm sticking to my preciousss enjoyment. Especially since the scans I posted do not approach doing them justice. But when that pen glides over paper, leaving my doodles or thoughts... :cloud9:

I'm glad you like it, mhguda! It would be tragic if PPS were known only as the ink everyone hated! :o No ink should have to endure that stigma. ;)

There was a half-full bottle of PPS for sale at one of the tables at Triangle Pen Show. My husband said that if I wanted it I could get it. I ended up passing, in favor of some other inks, including a bottle of Lamy Pacific Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."