Was Gifted A Meisterstuck Help Needed

Wuger

I recently received a Meisterstuck Montblanc pen with 925 on the pen. Can anyone inform me on what this pen actually is, there doesn't seem to be any identification on the case. Also how much would this used one go for (estimate is fine). Finally how would one go about selling a pen like this safely and for the greatest amount of capital possible. Thank you in advance.

post-137216-0-23421900-1497151701_thumb.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tamiya

• meiers

• Wuger

• ian1964

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently received a Meisterstuck Montblanc pen with 925 on the pen. Can anyone inform me on what this pen actually is, there doesn't seem to be any identification on the case.

Google for "solitaire doue" submodel category

Also how much would this used one go for (estimate is fine). Finally how would one go about selling a pen like this safely and for the greatest amount of capital possible. Thank you in advance.

Here's "fountain pen network"... yours doesn't look like an FP. ;)

Elsewhere "925" is common hallmark for sterling silver yes, but not sure what's MB's usual practice.

There should be more #s on MB... what's engraved on the ring the clip is part of?

You received a generous gift. Why would you turn it into cold cash?

The safest transaction would be through a consignment dealer like chatterley luxuries or through Fountain Pen Hospital.

Edited by meiers

Here's "fountain pen network"... yours doesn't look like an FP. ;)

Sure, that's fair enough, but you could still at least help me with how i should go about selling the pen, I'd be surprised if the process was different for a fountain pen than say a ball point...

Elsewhere "925" is common hallmark for sterling silver yes, but not sure what's MB's usual practice.

There should be more #s on MB... what's engraved on the ring the clip is part of?

Hmm cant believe I missed that, it has a code: HD1300479. Thank you.

You received a generous gift. Why would you turn it into cold cash?

It was from a distant relative, whom I've had very little contact with, was surprised to get the gift in the first place. Plus I'm not a pen guy lol.

Edited by Wuger

Sure, that's fair enough, but you could still at least help me with how i should go about selling the pen, I'd be surprised if the process was different for a fountain pen than say a ball point...

It was from a distant relative, whom I've had very little contact with, was surprised to get the gift in the first place. Plus I'm not a pen guy lol.

Distant rello who's still alive or an inheritance? Did you know them well enough to determine was he/she more in the habit of buying luxury goods or gag gifts...?

Well, here's the thing... no doubt you are aware MB makes pricey stuff.

Also nobody would be surprised to hear there's many fakes around.

You want to be sure you've got a genuine article before reselling... and here's the rub - it's much harder to copy a FP "properly" than it is to machine a ballpen facsimile. (Heck it's not hard to get a genuine MB refill for your fake pen, so it even "writes" like a real MB.)

Me myself I know rellos who would happily gift me gag gifts, and ones who gift the real thing. :D both I thank, for thinking of me.

Distant rello who's still alive or an inheritance? Did you know them well enough to determine was he/she more in the habit of buying luxury goods or gag gifts...?

Well, here's the thing... no doubt you are aware MB makes pricey stuff.

Also nobody would be surprised to hear there's many fakes around.

You want to be sure you've got a genuine article before reselling... and here's the rub - it's much harder to copy a FP "properly" than it is to machine a ballpen facsimile. (Heck it's not hard to get a genuine MB refill for your fake pen, so it even "writes" like a real MB.)

Me myself I know rellos who would happily gift me gag gifts, and ones who gift the real thing. :D both I thank, for thinking of me.

Oh I'd be thoroughly surprised if it was a gag gift as he is loaded and we are not on joking terms if you know what I mean.

I couldn't seem to find anything on the model number (or what ever that number was), thanks for all your assistance regardless.

I couldn't seem to find anything on the model number (or what ever that number was), thanks for all your assistance regardless.

any reference to "925" would only be to hallmark the item as sterling silver

fyi Mont Blanc has their own eccentric warehousing system.

Mortals would remember your pen as Solitaire Doue in the Meisterstuck family.

The paper catalogue lists it as 164DS.

But on their computer inventory, they go by Indent Number 17329.

Each pen would be laser engraved with its unique serial #, as you found in tiny print.

Ballpoint Pen Ident. No. 17329 Writing System Ballpoint Pen with twist mechanism Barrel / Cap 925 Sterling Silver Pinstripe finish Jet-black precious resin Inlaid with Montblanc white star Trim Three rings in gold-plated 925 St

You can search for its market value (refine your search by including sold items) on eBay.

+1 eBay is the place to look for what this pen sells for. Check out 'sold' listings to find out actual prices.

I just read this on the website of the fountain pen hospital

They sold the fountain pen version of your pen for $650.

My wild guess is that the ballpoint in mint condition might fetch half that amount. Let us know how you make out.

*Montblanc #146DS - Legrand Sterling Silver Doue Fountain Pen - Piston Fill

Year: 1992

Description : Medium 18 Kt Gold Nib - Original Box - List Price $1025 Before Being Discontinued Several Years Ago - Mint

Price: $650.00