• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FriendAmos

• fabri00

• Ted F

• Barkingpig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only source of public information available for everyone, customer or not customer, are the public figures the company coming out from the accountants at the end of the fiscal year, and all related documents deposited to chamber of commerce or court of competence.

Everyone could get a copy contacting the chamber or commerce, or the tribunal were the company is registered, and ask for a copy.

An alternative are the company specialized in getting informations about the health of other companies. Anyone just paying a fee can access this kind of unofficial informations and get a report.

Beside from that, there are no duties of information to customers or 3rd parties, at least in the EU legislation, as far as I know.

No duties for the company mean no right for third parties, unless the company is going to be bankrupted.

This is for all companies.

Customers have rights to know though, as they are part of the stakeholders

No need to keep gong back and forth on this. Just do this: call Delta's management; tell them that you wish to exercise the rights that you have as a customer; after they give you the information on their financial affairs, come back her and tell us.

You'd be surprised as how companies feel entitled around here: I once emailed Staedtler Italy regarding some archival permanence of one of their products. I am still waiting for an answer, and it's been four years.

You'd be surprised as how companies feel entitled around here: I once emailed Staedtler Italy regarding some archival permanence of one of their products. I am still waiting for an answer, and it's been four years.

I am surprised at how some customers feel entitled around here. :unsure:

No entitlement, I had thought mine was a legit question. They have a "Question? Contact us" button for a reason.

No entitlement, I had thought mine was a legit question. They have a "Question? Contact us" button for a reason.

Sorry, I missed the alleged question (legit or otherwise). What was it? What I saw was a claim that some companies have a sense of entitlement that would be surprising, and the proof of it is the apparent failure of one to respond to a random query. This one:

"You'd be surprised as how companies feel entitled around here: I once emailed Staedtler Italy regarding some archival permanence of one of their products. I am still waiting for an answer, and it's been four years."

• 4 weeks later...

To the extent possible, it would help to separate issues that have to do with only Martemodena and those that have to do with only Delta.

For Martemodena: there are already a couple of threads for those who want to beat them up.

For Delta: My understanding, which could be wrong, is that they are currently undergoing a restructuring that will determine whether or not they will stay in business. During the restructuring they have suspended production.

Edited by FriendAmos

How does one prove a negative? Rumors without factual evidence such as translated legal documents, news reports, etc. can do more harm than good, as was amply shown on this board and others in recent years when several other companies were hastened to their demise by repetitive posts by those unhappy with their products. The entire Italian economy is shaky, as witness the inability of Alitalia to find a buyer. Lack of product might be a bad sign or it might be the sign of a company belatedly getting their act together and not flooding the market with overpriced veneers over steel nibs.

Retail in general in many parts of the globe is suffering. Until we've got more info from people in the know, let us be exceedingly careful not to start rumors that cause the very thing we're hoping to avoid.

+1

Posted Image

Martemodena told me two weeks ago that "unfortunately Delta has closed." Perhaps they've bought the rights to the Dolcevita name and that could explain their Dolcevita line which is super similar and definitely uses Delta parts.

A Facebook post by the Japanese store Nagasawa Pen-style Den on July 16 stated that Delta is "suspending operation for long periods" (長期休業) and that the pens they've sent to Italy for repair have been returned and the Japanese retailer is doing what they can to fix them. They encourage people interested in Delta FPs to look through the remaining stock as this could be their last chance.

It would be a shame if Delta really did shut down for good. We had a love/hate relationship at first but I really do like their products a lot.

Okay, so I shot the Delta Pen advertising team a note through Facebook asking if there was any truth to the rumors that they were closing. Considering vacation season in Europe is full swing right now, I really wasn't expecting a response. However, they responded overnight and said:

"This is not true. We are stil open" (actual response including misspelling)

So, if Delta has closed they haven't told the advertising department. :)

Thank you for this post. I

If they were considering closure, you might think they would have eliminated the Advertising Department, so I hope this is merely a rumor. We need ALL the pen companies to remain with us.

Edited by Barkingpig

They have closed, or at least you can't get any more product from the established channels. There was an ad in a Japanese Pen store, I think Kingdom Note, regarding sales of their final stock on hand. They also said that they can no longer get other pens or that the pens can no longer be fixed.