Week #22 / 28 May: Sub-Aquatic - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

I think I may have to add X-feather to the wishlist. I have resisted so far as I rarely use black ink, but it looks a handy one to have.

I think I may have to add X-feather to the wishlist. I have resisted so far as I rarely use black ink, but it looks a handy one to have.

YES!!! It's a fantastic ink.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Tas

• lgsoltek

• FPRebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This ink below is not my most waterproof ink, but it is water resistant.

fpn_1496213503__52weeks-22.jpg

I had thought it was totally bulletproof, like the Bad Blue Heron below.

Before water

fpn_1496213587__wardensbeforewater.jpg

and after waterfpn_1496213658__wardensafterwater.jpg

but it isn't. It is, though fraud resistant in that it shows there has been some attempt to alter it.

I am impressed, though, at how well both inks behave in bog-standard cheapy Jinhao pens.

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Dr Ph. Martin's Edge Blue

fpn_1496062376__edgebl.jpg

I love this picture (the ink is nice, too). It has inspired me to soak mine in the lake after I write something......

I added some PR Ebony Purple so that you can see that the SB does not move.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_1_Ink/05-May/slides/2017-05-30_Ink_14.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

After the experiment below, I know this ink is water-resistant, but not waterproof (as noted on my challenge).

When I first turned the garden hose on the page, some black ink pooled then washed away. The second image shows a saturated, but very readable page.

Another day, I'll repeat this with a longer dry time and different papers for my curiosity.

Love the garden hose technique :D

...[pic of Barrister Blue]...

I need a scanner...

Love the name of that ink! Trying not too think too hard why I do!

Edited by evyxmsj

I've never sought waterproofness in my inks (my writing is too 'transient'), but the ink below fits the bill. I enjoy the weirdness of the colour, but I have been too nervous to use again in a fountain pen since I saw a lot of precipitate settling in my Vac700 :unsure:. Dip pen it is!

I carried out the tests below by rubbing the page with a cotton swab. Some of the smudging is actually the paper disintegrating.

Edit: sorry about the feathering. I thought I'd destroy some card I had lying around, rather than my nice FP paper. The card was not terribly FP friendly in the end :rolleyes:

http://i63.tinypic.com/9zvow.jpg

Edited by evyxmsj

Noodler's Liberty Elysium.... My current favorite blue... in the lake as promised!

http://515-park.com/images/corazy22-2017.png

Ok, this is my first time to post in a weekly ink thread. I chose De Atramentis Document Violet. I combined this with my doodle. I didn't dunk the whole sheet, but I did use a waterbrush on the word "waterproof" and also dropped a few drops of water on the words "I'm" and "sample" in the two rows below. I see a little bit of ink movement where I used the waterbrush, but none at all where the water drops were.

post-34345-0-16489100-1496450246_thumb.jpg

~ Cheryl >^..^<

My inks I'm willing to trade: Aurora (Black), Blackstone (Barrier Reef Blue), BunguBox (L'Amant), Callifolio (Violet), Cross (Blue), De Atramentis (Archive Black, Document Violet), Diamine (Ancient Copper, Eau De Nil, Green Umber, Prussian Blue, Sherwood Green, Steel Blue, Twilight), KWZ (Gummiberry), Levenger (Forest), Monteverde (California Teal, Fireopal), Nemosine (Alpha Centauri), Noodler's (Blue Ghost, Bulletproof Black, Lexington Gray, Polar Brown), Parker Quink (Black), Pelikan 4001 (Brilliant Brown, Turquoise), Pelikan Edelstein (Olivine), Pilot Iroshizuku (Ama-Iro, Ku-Jaku, Syo-Ro), Private Reserve (Purple Mojo, Sepia), Robert Oster (Fire & Ice, Lake of Fire, Marine, Soda Pop Blue, Tranquility), Sailor Jentle (Oku-Yama, Souten), Sailor Shikiori (Yodaki), Taccia (Cha), Waterman (Absolute Brown, Harmonious Green, Inspired Blue, Tender Purple).

OOOOOOO I love the flip flops!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

fpn_1496493966__project_52weeks_of_inks2

I call this mix X-Feather blue. It's so wet, I find myself adding water to the barrel as I fill a pen, to tame the flow a little.

It's a new favorite, I wrote one barrel dry and turned around and filled another eyedropper Ranga. This ink is wet!

BTW love the flip flops...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Pretty doodle. I love how the blue comes out.

~ Cheryl >^..^<

My inks I'm willing to trade: Aurora (Black), Blackstone (Barrier Reef Blue), BunguBox (L'Amant), Callifolio (Violet), Cross (Blue), De Atramentis (Archive Black, Document Violet), Diamine (Ancient Copper, Eau De Nil, Green Umber, Prussian Blue, Sherwood Green, Steel Blue, Twilight), KWZ (Gummiberry), Levenger (Forest), Monteverde (California Teal, Fireopal), Nemosine (Alpha Centauri), Noodler's (Blue Ghost, Bulletproof Black, Lexington Gray, Polar Brown), Parker Quink (Black), Pelikan 4001 (Brilliant Brown, Turquoise), Pelikan Edelstein (Olivine), Pilot Iroshizuku (Ama-Iro, Ku-Jaku, Syo-Ro), Private Reserve (Purple Mojo, Sepia), Robert Oster (Fire & Ice, Lake of Fire, Marine, Soda Pop Blue, Tranquility), Sailor Jentle (Oku-Yama, Souten), Sailor Shikiori (Yodaki), Taccia (Cha), Waterman (Absolute Brown, Harmonious Green, Inspired Blue, Tender Purple).

Pretty doodle. I love how the blue comes out.

Thank you. Yes it's a nice hidden blue aspect of the ink.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

18813569_10104265087891524_1376814751373

and in running water

18881868_10104265087956394_3915173301029

and in my nasty mudroom sink at the beginning of a bleach cleaning

18835644_10104265087986334_1759365551675

and after 10 minutes soaking in bleach

18767389_10104265088111084_5345839494264

and after being rinsed of the bleach

18950979_10104265088136034_5008502541988

Also, can we talk about what great paper Rhodia makes?

Edited by MrsDrG