Blue Sea By Robert Oster (And Blue Comparisons)

Nikaa

44320fa1e29c.jpg

Robert Oster BLUE SEA
0c02e86b59c0.jpg
This Oster color you know for sure. This was my first Oster. Blue ink bore me relatively fast, but I have several types to which I return. Blue Sea is one of them.
That's how I imagine the waters surrounding Australia.
b585e30b0983.jpg 184875450cf4.jpg

The color is well saturated, with a hint of turquoise. It works perfectly in thin lines as well as in wider. Here I use it in nibs: Sailor H-M and Bexley's stub.
Shading is awesome. And shining is also present!

The drying time is about 13 seconds od Rhodia dotpad, on other papers shorter. Good flow.
Ink works well in fountain pens, I had the opportunity to use it for a long time. It's safe.
038851f67182.jpg 946f62120038.jpg
Blue comparisons on Clairefontaine.
d9253544c4ef.jpg
f82c800c0ab2.jpg 4a5ee541dceb.jpg
e805d9e4df5d.jpg
Here's a sample on Filofax notebook and Oxford.
fe6bb9da5f19.jpg
9765b0953591.jpg
Enjoy!
Edited by Nikaa

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• Nikaa

• Ghost Plane

• dcwaites

Nice! Looks like it falls in that family between Kon Peki and Ku Jaku that I love. Thanks for the extensive review!

*adds to wish list*

Thanks! Indeed, it could be between these two.

I have to get a sample of Kon Peki (again, because, as You can see, I forgot to add this color to the comparison) and Ku Jake.

EDIT:

I can do a small comparison ;)

ed7e71e8acf8.jpg

Edited by Nikaa

Thanks! Indeed, it could be between these two.

I have to get a sample of Kon Peki (again, because, as You can see, I forgot to add this color to the comparison) and Ku Jake.

EDIT:

I can do a small comparison ;)

ed7e71e8acf8.jpg

Exactly what I needed! Thank you so much.

I need to get some. It will round out my collection of Robert Oster inks.

Unfortunately, there aren't many ROster vendors in Aus. that carry the Blue Sea.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I need to get some. It will round out my collection of Robert Oster inks.

Unfortunately, there aren't many ROster vendors in Aus. that carry the Blue Sea.

WHAT!!!... I carry Blue Sea and I am in Canada... :lol:

I'll find you a vendor with Blue Sea in AU... if not I'll send you one. ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Looks like a lovely ink! Thank you for the review and the beautiful pictures :)

Edited by Miaxina

A vendor with Blue Sea in Australia? I bought mine last year from Robert Oster. Is he no longer selling directly?

X

WHAT!!!... I carry Blue Sea and I am in Canada... :lol:

I'll find you a vendor with Blue Sea in AU... if not I'll send you one. ;)

C.

There is one, Pensive Pens, in Yass. I just need to choose another ink or two to share the shipping. Or, drive to Yass. I would only use up about four times the amount in petrol.

They also have the Ink Packs.

A vendor with Blue Sea in Australia? I bought mine last year from Robert Oster. Is he no longer selling directly?

Not any more, neither from his online store (which seems to be shut down) or via eBay, now that he has local distributors.

However, look at this page

Our own Claudia gets pride of place.

Yay Claudia :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Very peculiar about Pensive Pens, I thought. You can buy a pack of 63 inks for $14.92 per ink or packs of 10 or 20 inks for $13.45 per ink...........

A second peculiarity was that the ex tax price is identical with the tax inclusive price. The tax being Australian GST, why is it not 10/11ths? If I start check out experimentally, no tax is added so it is not apparently an ex-GST price either (nor should it be, legally, for local retail sales).

I hope they sort those things out soon. For me they are practically close by, although free shipping is compelling over driving hours.

X

Utterly gorgeous color, but I have enough greenish blues. I don't need anymore.

I mean it.

Edited by Aquaria

Thank you - I rather like this one. Tempting, but again how many blue/greens do I need...

Thank you - I rather like this one. Tempting, but again how many blue/greens do I need...

1. Arrange your blue-greens neatly on your desk, rejoicing in the fact you have the perfect number of them.
  2. Take one, put it in a drawer, and forget it.
  3. Realise you need one more to make up the perfect number, so do it.
  4. Remember where you put the other ink.
  5. Return to step 1.

HTH

:)

edit: It was pointed out that I had omitted steps 4 & 5, wherein happiness is retained.

Edited by praxim

X

Good lord. That is a gorgeous color.

So the Robert Oster inks are generally safe? I typically avoid boutique inks, but that....that is just stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Robert Oster inks are generally safe? I typically avoid boutique inks, but that....that is just stunning.

Yes. I use three Oster's ink and I have not notice any problems. I use it in modern and vintage pens. They are safe! (For sure Blue Sea, Orange Zest and Grun Swarz) :)

Thank you so much for the review, gorgeous photos and your ink comparisons!!!!