Brown Color Pens

tgoto

No, I am afraid the "ship has sailed" for the Espresso Brown from Cult Pens & the amber demonstrator from SK; the Orange Sklyline ("Sports," have gold trim & the Skylines, have silver instead, but otherwise the same pen) is still listed on Ebay, (a 28 day listing) from SELLER: Estilmania & is item # 332264046160 & is titled: Pluma Estilografica Skyline Naranja, Orangine Fountain pen, with 15 pens left. You have the ability to receive the nib of your choice with this listing. I bought one from another Spanish Seller, a Brick & Mortar Store, after they sold out, I bought a second one from this Seller's listing , for a gift. They are considerably higher than the other Sports, but I like ORANGE!

You might also like the Kaweco ART Sports, they are reputedly made of resin, instead of plastic & hence start @ higher prices. I coveted the Amber, which was really more of a Tortoise & unfortunately it was already discontinued, when I was aware of it. BUT, I found one for sale in the Netherlands, maybe two years later, that was previously owned by a pretty reliable Seller & was able to purchase it. My point is not to head you in THAT, another direction, but simply to say, just because things are "sold out," does NOT mean, "they don't sometimes turn up." (WHO KNOWS? I could perhaps lose my hand, (which has been closer to the truth than I like to acknowledge, due to cat bites, TWICE, each hand respectively!) & have no further need of MY Sports. I would gladly send them along, if that happens! I surely haven't needed more than ONE of them, but I really like them & IF. they make a Copper Sport, I will be ordering one, despite having given the Brass one away. (AND, YES, I still rescue Feral cats, sterlise & relocate them whenever they "cross my path, garden, or street.")

Thank you for th info!

Tortoise sounds good too :)

You are right...I will keep my eyes open for these pens' availability.

You are a nice person to save cats:)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• Barkingpig

• FOUR X FOUR

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw that Aurora 88 limited edition will be brown next...

It's on a pricey side, but what do you think?

I just saw that Aurora 88 limited edition will be brown next...

It's on a pricey side, but what do you think?

I love the Aurora Optima 365 SE ... lovely toffee colored resin

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

+1. A much more interesting pen than the new dull brown 88/flex. My 365 has a crisp italic nib that is a bit of a challenge, but I'll get the hang of it. In the meantime, I can just admire the finish.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

It is lovely...:)

I wish I could afford it...I have so many pens I want and my budget is barely catching up lol

+1. A much more interesting pen than the new dull brown 88/flex. My 365 has a crisp italic nib that is a bit of a challenge, but I'll get the hang of it. In the meantime, I can just admire the finish.

Crisp italic does need some adjusting but the way it writes is gorgeous! :)

That is one beauty...

What is that pen?

Glad you like it.

Made by the most prolific pen maker in the world, it is a 1930something NoName.

Glad you like it.

Made by the most prolific pen maker in the world, it is a 1930something NoName.

Wow...the materials on that pen...barrel and even the grip section...so gorgeous...drool...lol

I saw Pelikan M200 Smokey Quartz online today.

What do you think?

How about the Pilot Custom 823 in Amber? A photo is in my avatar, but there's more here... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/273767-pilot-custom-823/

Absolutely great!!

Not just for the color but also for the pen itself.

I have not tried one, but hear many great things about this pen.

Holds a lot of ink too.

How do you like yours?

This is definitely one of pens on my wishlist :)

If I could have only one pen it would be my Amber Custom 823 with medium nib. Its not perfect but it is close.

If I could have only one pen it would be my Amber Custom 823 with medium nib. Its not perfect but it is close.

Wow...if it is that great, I gotta try some :)

I have to check if the pen shop near me carries 823 first...if not...oh well I still gotta find one lol

I am voluntarily on "one pen every other months (more like one every month these days lol)" and I just got one, so I will wait until next month.

• 2 weeks later...

They are all nice! I haven't tried Kaweco...maybe it's about time for me to get one. Does it take international converter?

Karas is another interesting one...I wonder if they are really heavy...

I like metal pens too but not heavy ones...:)

There is a current Kaweco in Macchiato which looks like coffee with a lot of cream. Kaweco takes the short international cartridges, and I think I saw a Kaweco converter at jetpens.com.

I don't have the Karas pen yet, so I can't comment on that.

I wish I had a Pelikan brown tortoise.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

There is a current Kaweco in Macchiato which looks like coffee with a lot of cream. Kaweco takes the short international cartridges, and I think I saw a Kaweco converter at jetpens.com.

I don't have the Karas pen yet, so I can't comment on that.

I wish I had a Pelikan brown tortoise.

The macchiato looks delicious!

Franklin Christoph has some coffee-and-cream like color recently for model 45.

Then I saw Ryan krusac's nice wood pens...

And yes...Pelikan tortoise is a pen to drool over lol

So hard to decide....