Brown Color Pens

tgoto

Hi guys,

Somehow I am into brown-color pens these days.

So far I only have Parker Vacumatic with golden brown color.

I can't decide on which brown pen I should get next.

Would you mind showing me the brown-color pens you have?

Thank you!!

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• Barkingpig

• FOUR X FOUR

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the colors for the Parker 51 was a brown. Forget what it was called or how hard it is to find..... (Cocoa?) But I am sure someone knows more than I in that regard.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Take a look at the Diplomat Excellence Marrakech.

I am not familiar with Diplomat pens. I gotta take a look at their pens. Thank you!!

One of the colors for the Parker 51 was a brown. Forget what it was called or how hard it is to find..... (Cocoa?) But I am sure someone knows more than I in that regard.

Oh, those are nice...although I have not seen it in real life (only online :P)

They are not that common, so I have to watch out for them :)

Sandy101 beat me to recommending the Diplomat Excellence in Marrakech. I haven't seen it in person, but if you want a solid metal pen with glittering lacquer and a massive nib, that's probably the one to go for.

Alternatively, have you considered going for something in wood? I'm biased toward my new Pilot Custom Ichii, but you might also consider the Faber-Castel Ambition in one of its finishes. (I've got a long-suffering Pearwood.)

fpn_1495318414__pilot_ichii_knot_and_pou

(Pilot Custom Ichii with included lacquered pen-pouch.)

fpn_1495318394__faber-castel_ambition_pe

(Faber-Castel Pearwood Ambition)

Franklin Christoph has a Model #31 pen in cocoa pearl...a lovely brown.

Also check out Karas Kustoms Ink and K fountain pens in brown anodized aluminum.

Italix makes a pen called English Curate in Sable Brown.

Edited by mmg122

Pelikan M800 Grand Place. Probably have to find it on the secondary market, but I think it's worth it... gorgeous pen!

(would provide a picture but the uploader has taken the night off it seems)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Sandy101 beat me to recommending the Diplomat Excellence in Marrakech. I haven't seen it in person, but if you want a solid metal pen with glittering lacquer and a massive nib, that's probably the one to go for.

Alternatively, have you considered going for something in wood? I'm biased toward my new Pilot Custom Ichii, but you might also consider the Faber-Castel Ambition in one of its finishes. (I've got a long-suffering Pearwood.)

fpn_1495318414__pilot_ichii_knot_and_pou

(Pilot Custom Ichii with included lacquered pen-pouch.)

fpn_1495318394__faber-castel_ambition_pe

(Faber-Castel Pearwood Ambition)

I usually use lighter-weight pens, but do have some metal pens.

The wooden pens look really neat.

In your experience, does the lacquer last long time on the wood?

The grain on the wood looks wonderful :)

Pelikan M800 Reinassance Brown?pelikan-m800-renaissance-brown.jpg

That's a beauty...is this limited edition?

I am a big fan of tortoise/amber as well :)

Franklin Christoph has a Model #31 pen in cocoa pearl...a lovely brown.

Also check out Karas Kustoms Ink and K fountain pens in brown anodized aluminum.

FC seems to have changed colors on their pens recently...I remembered that cocoa brown before but somehow I can't find it now...

I don't own any FC pens but I love their pens (almost all of them :))

I never thought of Karas. I love getting ideas, I can spend all evening looking though suggested pens! :)

Thank you!

Pelikan M800 Grand Place. Probably have to find it on the secondary market, but I think it's worth it... gorgeous pen!

(would provide a picture but the uploader has taken the night off it seems)

It is a gorgeous pen!

It is funny that I love fountain pens so much and yet I don't own any Pelikans...

(as an excuse Pelikan has so many nice pens and I don't know which one to start from... ;p

It's amazing you seem to know my taste...I ordered a pen from Renée (Scriptorium Pens) 2 months ago using custom mineral sea lava with more browns. This material has a lot of brown and some blue/green.

I love Pelikan's tortoise color pens.

I want to first check if M620 or M800 fits better in my hands, as I have small hands.

Thank you Bill!

I love Pelikan's tortoise color pens.

I want to first check if M620 or M800 fits better in my hands, as I have small hands.

You probably would like the M620 Grand Place or the M400 brown tortoise. Some searching will be required, but these are both great pens.

Also consider vintage Sheaffer vacuum fillers.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

You probably would like the M620 Grand Place or the M400 brown tortoise. Some searching will be required, but these are both great pens.

Also consider vintage Sheaffer vacuum fillers.

Thank you!

With less and less fountain pen shops around, I have to see if there is a place where I can test these Pelikan pens.

Last time I was in The Fountain Pen Shop near LA, I didn't see Pelikan there (I saw some vintage pens so maybe I can test out some Sheaffer's).

Otherwise, I will have to wait until the next pen show in LA. (I am thinking about going to SF in August also but not sure yet...)

I don't dislike brown. I just don't have any brown pens. Until recently I did have any white pens, either.

There's always the M200 Café Cream, which can still be had fairly reasonable.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I don't dislike brown. I just don't have any brown pens. Until recently I did have any white pens, either.

I don't know what it is...I used to like black/grey colors, then went through some blue and somehow I am so attracted to brown color now...weird... :)

The L.A. or S.F. pen shows would be great places to look.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

+ re Diplomat pens. Excellent pens both mechanically and visually.

Several years ago I walked into Fahrney's and saw a brown THINK fountain pen during a pen show. It looked so out-of-place among all the glitz, like the country cousin who came to the big city for the first time. I felt sorry for it and bought it. A purely emotional response. And I've never regretted it. An excellent writer with a medium nib.

​From everything I see THINK seems to have gone over to an all BP selection.