truthpil

If you're willing to explore Indian made pens, you could possibly look at pens from Fountain Pen Revolution: the Himalaya, the Jaipur and the complementary free pen they send with every order.

I've successfully used #5 nibs from Bock and Kaweco in these pens and they fit very nicely.

I do have some Franklin Christoph #5 JoWo nibs which I can swap into a Jaipur to check if it fits but I'm willing to bet it will fit just fine.

Update: The JoWo #5 FC nib fits just fine in an FPR Jaipur.

Edited by pepsiplease69

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• Ichiro

• Frank66

• ReadyFireAim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for bringing up Indian pens and the Jaipur specifically.

I guess there are several pens for sale through AsaPens that take JoWo #5 nibs as well.

I just need to filter through all the brands and models to find out which ones...

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• 2 weeks later...

Knox #5 nibs are on amazon, TruthppPil

Thanks, I've got an OB sitting in the shopping cart now.

Can anyone recommend some more Indian ebonite pens that take a JoWo #5?

I know that the Asa Daily does, but it looks funny on such a big pen.

It seems like more take #6 than #5.

why do you specifically want the #5? I find the #6 a more versatile base for modification.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

why do you specifically want the #5? I find the #6 a more versatile base for modification.

I like #6 nibs and have several, but I'm not aware of any slender or smaller pens they would fit in.

The reason for wanting to know some pens that take #5 nibs is so I can put custom nibs in small pens.

With my hands, writing with something chunky like a Jinhao X750 or even Nemosine Singularity can get tiring in long writing sessions.

• 1 month later...

Just an update for anyone who's wondering....I cannot get my JoWo #5 nib from fpnibs.com to fit in either the Jinhao 991 or 992. Either the curvature at the back or the thickness of the metal doesn't allow for the nib to slide as far back on the feed as necessary to write well. The same nib also won't fit in the Jinhao 165 but for other reasons: it fits the feed and section fine, but the nib is too wide for the cap so you can't properly cap the pen.

This JoWo #5 does, however, fit perfectly in the Noodler's Ink Charlie and Nib Creaper.

With regard to Indian pens, are there any other than the Asa Daily that are designed to take a JoWo #5 nib?

I need an affordable pen to put this lovely nib in!

For me the nib creaper does fit but when you put the cap on, the shoulders of the nib are too broad for the cap to accommodate. Do you see any resistance/scraping when you cap/uncap the pen.

My JoWo #5 fits perfectly in both Charlie and Nib Creaper and no problems with the cap. You might have to push the nib and feed down a little more into the section to make it work.

I have successfully used a steel Jowo #5 Fine nib from fpnibs Spain in a Jinhao 163 fountain pen for at least a couple of years. Nib swap was easy and in my view, the Jowo nib was finer than the OEM nib. It worked fine for me, perfect fit with existing feed and section copping, no ink stains around the nib either. I have also tried a similar #5 Jowo italic 1.1 mm nib in the same pen without any problems too. Hope that helps. Frank66

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

Just got a Jowo #5 to fit a Wing Sung 698 using the WS's feed

Thanks for letting us know! That's a great pen and even better that it can take other nibs. :)

With regard to Indian pens, are there any other than the Asa Daily that are designed to take a JoWo #5 nib?

Any of these that say 5.5 from FPR

I have a Triveni Jr. & a Himalayan and I recommend them.

I put Nooddler's creaper nibs in both.

Pen length is only around 5" so if you're into baseball bats, they may not be for you.

https://fprevolutionusa.com/collections/fpr-fountain-pen-collection

Edited by Bordeaux146

This thread on Reddit might help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/4u2z0f/6_nibs_compatible_pens_list/

Hopefully we find more cheap(er) pens that fits #5 nibs.

Yeah, I was hoping with this thread to make a list like that one but for #5 nibs.

Any of these that say 5.5 from FPR

I have a Triveni Jr. & a Himalayan and I recommend them.

I put Nooddler's creaper nibs in both.

Pen length is only around 5" so if you're into baseball bats, they may not be for you.

https://fprevolutionusa.com/collections/fpr-fountain-pen-collection

This is great news, seeing as I just took advantage of FPR's sale last weekend and ordered an ebonite Himalaya and a Guru. Looking forward to putting JoWo #5s in both of those, as well as the free Muft pen that will be included with the shipment.

This is great news, seeing as I just took advantage of FPR's sale last weekend and ordered an ebonite Himalaya and a Guru. Looking forward to putting JoWo #5s in both of those, as well as the free Muft pen that will be included with the shipment.

Regarding the Muft pen, the ones I received all had the nib and feed jammed in pretty tight into the section. Best to use a knockout block to get them out safely.

I tried removal with my bare hands and I snapped the feed into two pieces on one of them. Had to use super glue to repair it.

Regarding the Muft pen, the ones I received all had the nib and feed jammed in pretty tight into the section. Best to use a knockout block to get them out safely.

I tried removal with my bare hands and I snapped the feed into two pieces on one of them. Had to use super glue to repair it.

Very good to know, thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I was hoping with this thread to make a list like that one but for #5 nibs.

Check the spreadsheet in the thread. There is a sheet for #5 nibs. Not really any new info in there but probably a good idea to try and consolidate information.