This is a fairly quick review, so that I can get up some reviews of the 8 new Diamine inks for you to look at. I haven't tried them all on lot's of different papers yet, but that will come later.

Yesterday I was writing with them in my British Mebin Notebook that is made from the thicker version of Tomoe River paper. I think it's something like 65gsm compared with thinner Tomoe River that is 58gsm. It's still really smooth paper, so dry times are very long for these wet inks. It's a cream paper, and inks don't show through on there as much as they do on the regular version of Tomoe River.

I photographed my quick reviews of Dark Forest and Golden Honey because Dark Forest has a wonderful red sheen, and Golden Honey has a really interesting red halo effect. I hope I can get both of these aspects to show up on screen. The other images I've posted have been scans, where color accuracy onto a screen is sometimes more difficult. Hopefully these photographed images will be better.

I noticed that these new ink samples have wet flow, good lubrication and some shading. On this paper I can see sheen too. They clean up very easily from skin and pens. I've had these inks in these various pens for over 2 weeks now, and they all start up immediately with no problems.

Sorry, I haven't yet tested for water resistance, and I will do that soon. I will also get around to comparing them with other ink colours, I'm planning on comparing Dark Forest against Green/Black as it looks like that sort of color. I don't have Cult Pens Deep Dark Green, but I'm guessing that would be similar.

These inks will be available from Diamine in the 150th Anniversary range bottles as well as packs of 20 cartridges. I don't yet have any bottles to show you.

fpn_1494659408__diamine_150th_anniversar

fpn_1494667383__20170512_0009.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• da vinci

• ManofKent

• hilsedwards

It is a lovely colour.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Nice colour and thanks for the review. I am looking forward to seeing the comparisons. :)

You're welcome. :)

This looks similar to Sailor Miruai, though perhaps less saturated.

Several of these look very appealing. Thank you for the overview, and for the individual reviews :)

✒️ :happyberet:

It does look fairly similar to Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark Green - probably too similar for me to order a bottle, although I don't think I've seen such a strong red sheen with the Cult Pens ink.

Thank you.

This looks very interesting. I am a proud member of the dark green fan club, so this will be appearing on my short list.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

Another fan of dark greens here-seems to have a good bit of blue showing in the swab, but as noticeable in written form. Thank you for the review.

This looks similar to Sailor Miruai, though perhaps less saturated.

Several of these look very appealing. Thank you for the overview, and for the individual reviews :)

I don't have Sailor Miruai to do a comparison against, but Diamine Dark Forest is very saturated. In my Parker Sonnet M nib it looks almost black on some papers. I have a review sheet to add today.

It does look fairly similar to Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark Green - probably too similar for me to order a bottle, although I don't think I've seen such a strong red sheen with the Cult Pens ink.

Thank you.

Cult Pens Deep Dark Green is one of the inks I compared it with. That ink has less blue in it than Dark Forest. They aren't particularly similar.

Nice colour and thanks for the review. I am looking forward to seeing the comparisons. :)

I'm waiting for a day with enough decent light to take some photos of the review forms I've done. :unsure:

Cult Pens Deep Dark Green is one of the inks I compared it with. That ink has less blue in it than Dark Forest. They aren't particularly similar.

Thanks. Deep Dark Green is as blue as I would want to go in a green rather than teal so that's useful to know.

Here is the review form that I did today, and it has some comparison inks on there.

Diamine 150th Anniversary Dark Forest

One of the 8 New 150th Anniversary colours available in special 40ml bottles
All 16 Anniversary Inks will be made available in standard short European cartridges packs of 20

• Flow Rate: Wet
  • Lubrication: Really good on several different papers.
  • Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
  • Start-up: Immediate.
  • Saturation: Very saturated
  • Shading Potential: Very good
  • Sheen: Fabulous red sheen seen on some smooth papers :wub:
  • Show-Through:
    • Tomoe River 52gsm.
    • Cheaper generic 80gsm printer papers & lined pads.
    • Field Notes
    • CiAK InTempo
  • Spread / Feathering / Wooly Line: Seen on Field Notes.
  • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over 2 weeks in the pen
  • Staining (pen): Not seen - easy clean-up
  • Staining (hands): Not seen - easy clean-up
  • Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
  • Water resistance: Water resistant, but not sold as waterproof.
  • Availability: Will be available from Diamine Inks web-site and other outlets.

fpn_1495231479__diamine_dark_forest.jpeg

To my ancient eyeballs it looks very similar to the new Lamy 'Petrol' ink.

I'm afraid I don't have that ink either. :(

• 1 month later...

I just popped into this review thread to say that these inks have now been issued and are readily available from Diamine and other retailers. :)

• 3 months later...

I am not typically a fan of greens, but I love this color.

I love the darkness because it increases legibility, yet it does provide a beautiful color that has a depth due to the slight blue/teal within the prominent green hue.

Very lovely to write with and a great depth of color :vbg:

• 3 weeks later...

I am not typically a fan of greens, but I love this color.

I love the darkness because it increases legibility, yet it does provide a beautiful color that has a depth due to the slight blue/teal within the prominent green hue.

Very lovely to write with and a great depth of color :vbg:

I know exactly what you mean :)