Susanna

Visconti is releasing a new Homo Sapiens, hopefully next week.

It's made in black polished resin, with palladium rings and trims.

Visconti said it's a more practical model, for a daily use, because of the material and the filling system, that here is converter/cartridge, even for the Oversize model.
It's a bit less expensive, though.

http://www.giardino.it/pens/IMMAGINI/copHSelegance.jpg

Edited by Susanna

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Susanna

• Calamus plasticus

• dms525

Visconti is releasing a new Homo Sapiens, hopefully next week.

It's made in black polished resin, with palladium rings and trims.

Visconti said it's a more practical model, for a daily use, because of the material and the filling system, that here is converter/cartridge, even for the Oversize model.

It's a bit less expensive, though.

http://www.giardino.it/pens/IMMAGINI/copHSelegance.jpg

Does the oversize come in a stub or stop at B?

Does the oversize come in a stub or stop at B?

Also Stub and ExtraFine, but they're not standard.

Visconti recently put an extra fee for the "special" nibs.

Susanna
----------

My Facebook page

I didn't realize this was a CC filler. There are definitely capacity advantages to vacuum or piston fillers but CCs are really easy to clean, which is appealing for those of us that frequently change inks. It looks like the price difference between this and a lava HS is only about $60, which seems too small considering the simpler filling system and less interesting resin material. I'll probably stick with my current HS but this might be a nice option for people looking for their first HS.

I love my Homo Sapiens and has nothing to do with practicality.

It's more about, Italian Volcanos, high purity Palladium, Titanium, Spring loaded bridge clip, cool catch-cam Cap closure. Oh, I almost forgot, a magnet.

All put together in a really good looking and great feeling pen.

I have a vacuum and piston filler, both have had been returned to Firenze, and enjoyed many trips to the local nib-master.

They are what I would call high maintenance, but I stuck with it and now they are actually working quite nicely.

So if I got another, it wouldn't be something "more practical"......

Na, I want the one made of red mars dust, with a 23 K unobtainium nib. :)

M

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

M

Unobtanium makes a great nib, somehow managing to change line widths depending on what you're writing (no flexing or special grinds required).

Also Stub and ExtraFine, but they're not standard.

Visconti recently put an extra fee for the "special" nibs.

Thank you. I'm troubled by the sudden "special" status of stubs, complete with fees. Is this spreading to other Viscontis?

Thank you. I'm troubled by the sudden "special" status of stubs, complete with fees. Is this spreading to other Viscontis?

Yes. It's epidemic. I was recently charged $70 for a stub upgrade on a Divina. Based on my personal experience - one Visconti bought in January and another in March - the policy change happened between these two purchases.

This makes me wonder how broad an italic would a re-ground Visconti B nib make? If reasonable, this would still be less expensive. And the Vistconti 1.3 mm stub is wider than my personal ideal already.

David

1.3 is perfection for me. I'm now stuck between MB who offers OBB that I love, but persists in the 146 based pen bodies unless I buy my umpteenth 149 and Visconti, who makes Divina maxis and Ripples, my perfect pen bodies, but now penalizes my standard nib size. This is right up there with charging extra for women's "plus" sizes because there is no competition. GRRRRRRRR!

I already stay aggravated enough at Visconti, charging more for an XF may put me over the top.

...So much ink, so little penmanship....

All Visconti Dreamtouch large nibs.

(BTW, the same fee was applied by Delta a few years ago, on their 18 Kt gold EF, Stub and Oblique nibs)

Susanna
----------

My Facebook page

All Visconti Dreamtouch large nibs.

(BTW, the same fee was applied by Delta a few years ago, on their 18 Kt gold EF, Stub and Oblique nibs)

Guess when I stopped buying Deltas?

I don't like paying more, but, you know, I'm happy there are at least a few pen makers from which one can get good stub/italic nibs. I'm still peeved at Pelikan for discontinuing the BB and BBB nibs. The made great italics, with a little help from a nib technician.

David

You are of course right; I don't intend to limit my size preference for a nib & thus dislike MORE the makers who only offer "fine or medium" as the ONLY choice, especially if it is gold nib. I won't be happy with either & am not going to pay for a gold nib, then discard it, to purchase a "replacement" nib that is not original to the pen. I just looked again tonite @ a pen I really appreciate & then remembered it's only nib choices were F or M, for the gold nib that was on the pen.

In a way, it has helped me avoid purchasing several new pens & I have plenty that have nibs of my choice. I just don't understand "limiting" choice for an item that is already a "limited" need item. I would think more makers would want to include the largest target audience for their sales. I will forever remember a clerk who told me (even admitting SHE preferred a Broad nib) that I should just use the medium nib she had to offer, "it's just so much trouble to get them changed." (I was happy to find KRONE was MUCH more accommodating & surprised that one of their retailers would not have been equally so.)

The lava / piston filler medium size price is 450 Euro.

The resin / CC medium size price is 395 Euro.

Something does not add up here... I would expect the resin one to be much cheaper.

M

Well, if it's an Unobtanium nib your after, the pen body might as well be made from Pandoraian dust, which would be a cool dark blue.