Test Montblanc Jfk 1917 Le

Cyrille81

Hello,

I have inked the first time today my JFK 1917 fountain pen with the ink MB JFK. I put again my photos of the fountain pen and the some writing result of my test.

33776360862_0a33039fae_b.jpg

33776361992_f6dc6a8b30_b.jpg

33803781551_7a93c04632_b.jpg

33803782231_8777b51ffa_b.jpg

33803782831_33273cb939_b.jpg

33803784201_3bbc6a149f_b.jpg

33803785191_e364da1f39_b.jpg

33803786641_47e97e60b6_b.jpg

33803787441_5bb6790b74_b.jpg

And now few photos of my test with ink JFK:

34381779731_e30073595d_b.jpg

34351290762_98fdfe88fb_b.jpg

34351292032_eea149342d_b.jpg

34470917906_0e9c6cfa03_b.jpg

Edited by Cyrille

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyrille81

• desidude02

• meiers

• akellens

Thank your this wonderful writing sample. I am beginning to fall in love with medium nibs all over again.

• 2 years later...

have an incoming jfk 1917 FP LE. So excited, your pictures on flikr really helped me decide.

Thank you Cyrille for your classic photos.

What do you love and dislike of the pen? How is it holding up?

Steve

have an incoming jfk 1917 FP LE. So excited, your pictures on flikr really helped me decide.

Thank you Cyrille for your classic photos.

What do you love and dislike of the pen? How is it holding up?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you. I really like this pen (I have the 3 pens of the set in limited edition), one of my preferred. The only thing I could regret on my pen is the nib that is not right always perfectly. In my last inking of the pen few days ago I tested with an Iroshizuku ink that is more wet than MB and it seems the pens is writing better than with previous ink I tested in it. I sent it one time the pen to MB to check/correct the skipping issue, it was better after but still not fully perfect. But I really appreciate it and it is a pen you can use easily daily, even at work to my mind.

Hi, Cyrille. It’s not uncommon to see several skipping issues in today’s Montblanc nibs. The M nib on my POA 2018 Ludwig II 888 basically didn’t write at all even after a few strokes were attempted. The pen was inked with the complementary swan ink the very first time I bought it. The condition improved a little when I switched to mystery black ink. However I decided to send it back to change the nib to ef at the end. Upon return of the new nib I tested it with the swan ink again. I swear the ef nib writes hundred times better than the original M nib.

If you still have problem with nib on your jfk pen, don’t hesitate to send them back for inspection. Just let the nib masters there to solve the problems.

Hi Steve,

Thank you. I really like this pen (I have the 3 pens of the set in limited edition), one of my preferred. The only thing I could regret on my pen is the nib that is not right always perfectly. In my last inking of the pen few days ago I tested with an Iroshizuku ink that is more wet than MB and it seems the pens is writing better than with previous ink I tested in it. I sent it one time the pen to MB to check/correct the skipping issue, it was better after but still not fully perfect. But I really appreciate it and it is a pen you can use easily daily, even at work to my mind.

Cyrille,

I appreciate your response, skipping on any MB pen is not worth the pricetag it asks for. If the pen is skipping, it should be fixed at any costs. I hope my pen does not skip upon arrival as it will be a disheartening moment. I remember my elizabeth I 4810 skipping on arrival, it caused a lot of despair. As ljz stated, send it back and get it fixed until you are happy. Perhaps switch it for a OBB hehe. Unfortunately, I can only write with M nibs as anything below or anything under is too rich for my tastes and my style of writing.

Steve