Orange Pen Recommendation?

inotrym

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah12/phzervas/ED219C66-2843-4CDC-B112-EB12603A304A_zpsuqimhnhu.jpg

Recent acquisition, Crocodile 168 Embossed Leather fountain pen, a little darker orange-brown hue, inked mainly with Waterman Havana Brown ink.

Edited by Frank66

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old_Inkyhand

• SteveE

• amk

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your photo wasn't coming through, so I thought I would post another. I have one of these--they are beautiful, but very hard to find. If Pelikan released this finish in an M600 size, they would sell as fast as they could be made.

http://i.imgur.com/CfzKULU.jpg

The Limited Edition M620 Shangai was quite similar to this M300, unfortunately nowadays it is not easy to find one.

Alfredo

The Limited Edition M620 Shangai was quite similar to this M300, unfortunately nowadays it is not easy to find one.

Alfredo

I have one if you're interested :)

Try to find an old Montblanc Carrera ( iirc late 70s/early 80s) They can be found on ebay for quite little money. Bright orange with black cap.

I was going to suggest a Delta Dolcevita, but that might be a few dollars out of your price range unless you are willing to take a bit of time and watch Ebay.

I have seen a couple of the Oros go for the $150.00 range over the last year or so. And they are amazing!

I watched a Delta Dolcevita Stantuffo Federico Oro GT go for $147.00 a week or so ago. The shipping was horrible, but again if you will watch with patience it will eventually pay off.

Good luck!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Of course, how about the Pelikan Burnt Orange? A bit expensive - in the $400-$500 range, but a piston filler and Pelikan quality. It's an M800 size, so pretty big.

Erick

My favorite,

Regards

Jeff

Waterman Carene in Coral? Gold trim unfortunately, but gorgeous colour. Not so common, but you can probably get one in your price range with patience.

Sheaffer VFM comes in both Orange (bright orange) and "Strobe Maximum Orange" (darker red-orange); they have chrome trim and a muted sparkly finish on brass body. Only takes short standard cartridges though and only comes with medium nib I believe.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Here is another vote for the Conklin All-American. I have a F nib which is a juicy, smooth writer which wrote perfectly write (pun intended) out of the box!post-2223-0-43471200-1495486950_thumb.jpeg

Parker Big Red ball pen.

If you want a fountain pen, you can frankenpen it by replacing the section with the section/nib of I think a Cross Apogee.

Nope, Cross Solo.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Although RRP is way out of the $150 price range GvFC burnt orange sometimes pops up very near to your desired $$

Wow, that's pretty! I wasn't aware of this colour.

• 2 years later...

Parker Big Red ball pen.

If you want a fountain pen, you can frankenpen it by replacing the section with the section/nib of I think a Cross Apogee.

nice one!

Where can I find one of these? The Akkerman Duofold is my favourite modern Parker.

Other than that, Parker Duofold Centennial Orange and Delta Dolcevita.

For OP's price range, the Leonardo Officina Italiana Furore Orange.

Then there is the PW Akkerman Special Edition Orange Parker Duofold Centennial.

http://i.imgur.com/MREPk11.jpg

Then there is the PW Akkerman Special Edition Orange Parker Duofold Centennial.

http://i.imgur.com/MREPk11.jpg

I love this picture! That special edition duofold is gorgeous. I wish I had one. I would pick that or a MB Hemingway as my favorite orange pen. That color orange reminds me of a historical time that got me attracted to pens in the first place. There is also a Pelikan M800 Burnt orange that is similiar but sadly no ink window.

Eta - since these are not in the op's price. I would get a Bexley. I saw a few on ebay and indy pen dance in burnt orange in your price range. They also have a vintage shape which is what I love about that color and style.

Edited by CoolBreeze