Orange Pen Recommendation?

inotrym

Hey guys,

I think that my collection lacks an orange pen. I am looking for a subdued, kind of serious and professional color. Perhaps a shade similar to this?

I prefer modern pens, usually lacquer over metal with chrome trim. Something to match the aesthetic of the rest of my collection pictured below.

Budget is $100-150, but if you have a pricier pen in mind, by all means let me know.

Filling system is not a problem at all.

I am also open to pen customization, so if you happen to know someone who can change the color of a given metal pen, I am interested in that, too.

Thanks in advance. :)

post-93414-0-56415900-1494163071_thumb.jpg

Edited by inotrym

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old_Inkyhand

• SteveE

• amk

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parker kind of red orange

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/45208-parker-duofold-fountain-pens/

And this I like so much ....

The Hemmingway replica in Nikko Orange ....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/321731-scriptorium-pens-some-march-april-work/?do=findComment&comment=3831845

If I had spare $ I would commission one 😊

Happy hunting ...

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

Conklin All American

http://blog.andersonpens.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/conklin-all-american-sunburst-f_o.jpg

Delta Unica (not sure if this was an LE)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pCB1GsRWJFc/VKRPeivatOI/AAAAAAAABPM/JbSIKia64a0/s1600/Delta-Unica-Orange-4.jpg

There's also the Sailor High Ace Neo, although this one seems not to be a favourite of the Sailor connoisseurs, and I never had one so I cannot comment on how good it is

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7360220392_f80f4da09c.jpg

Edited by sciumbasci

Delta has very nice shade of orange in his acrylics, but maybe it is more expansive than your price target.

On the opposite jinhao 159 is available also in orange, and it is a very honest pen with a ridiculous price.

I'm not positive but there might be an Orange Pilot Vanishing Point

For $235 (and more depending on additional options you want), you can also make your own custom pens with orange color(s), such as Scriptorium Pens and Newton Pens.

They are really nice people too :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

You can also check the Ranga pens (ebonite pens made in India, fitted with JoWo steel nibs and converters) at Peyton Street Pens. Many of these are available in a muted orange color. The pens are quite well made, especially at the less-than-$100 price point of many of them.

Teri Morris, the proprietor (proprietress?) of Peyton Street Pens is wonderful to work with, and they have great customer service.

The usual disclaimers - I am not affiliated with Peyton Street Pens. I am just a very happy repeat customer.

If you're looking for modern, the original Duofold and Sheaffer flat top are out. My choices for modern (ish) would be Parker 45 happy color orange (or happy colour if you prefer) or Sheaffer No Nonsense for the guys model.

Finding them would be half the fun!

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

Aurora makes the Satin Ipsilon in orange. The color is less punchy in real life than this photo, but it is a saturated orange.

fpn_1494198766__img_20170507_160859.jpg

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Of course, how about the Pelikan Burnt Orange? A bit expensive - in the $400-$500 range, but a piston filler and Pelikan quality. It's an M800 size, so pretty big.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

I don't know if this is orange enough, but the number of nib choices Wow. The pen is the Italix Parsons Essential in amber which I'be been wanting.

post-48471-0-62827000-1494201680_thumb.png

Posted Image

You can also check the Ranga pens (ebonite pens made in India, fitted with JoWo steel nibs and converters) at Peyton Street Pens. Many of these are available in a muted orange color. The pens are quite well made, especially at the less-than-$100 price point of many of them.

Teri Morris, the proprietor (proprietress?) of Peyton Street Pens is wonderful to work with, and they have great customer service.

The usual disclaimers - I am not affiliated with Peyton Street Pens. I am just a very happy repeat customer.

Or you might be just in time to order an orange ebonite Ranga Model 4 from the group buy running now in the Pay It Forward forum here.

Otherwise the orange Visconti Rembrandt is one of my favourite orange pens. If you look at the group buy thread, there's one in an avatar in one of the most recent replies, from Ayami_109

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/320907-ranga-model-4-and-4c-group-buy-april-2017/page-7?do=findComment&comment=3845219

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Here's a rather interesting orange swirl w/ chrome cap by Libelle of New York:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Libelle-of-New-York-Orange-Swirl-Vortex-Fountain-Pen-W-Nice-Leather-Pen-Case-/291687930789?hash=item43e9f49ba5:g:sZcAAOSwhcJWI6hn

And there's always a Platinum Plaisir in Nova Orange.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Difficult to find at retail but I like my copper-orange Lamy AlStar: metal, anodized, certainly modern, anything but subdued.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

Sailor Professional Gear Color Series.

sailor-pro-gear-classic-orange-uncapped.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

+1 for the Ondoro, really a fun pen and the polygonal barrel and cap making it a tad unusual. I think aesthetics wise it fits your collection quite nicely too.

You might also consider one of the Parker 45 'happy pens' if you can find one, or a Parker 51 'fantasy' orange - yes, vintage, but not *that* vintage. And both of these have a metal cap that will look good in the collection illustrated.

There's also the Pelikano 460 in orange, with metal cap and transparent orange body and clip. Pelikan has now replaced this pen with the 480 but you can probably find a new 460 fairly easily on ebay . I love the Pelikanos - they are cute, fun, and good writers, but don't look aggressively 'junior' like some school pens.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys! Keep them coming!

A lot of the pens mentioned match indeed the theme of my collection. The VP, Ondoro, Pro Gear and 45 and a couple more are especially interesting. And I just found out about the discontinued Franklin-Christoph Collegia. Too bad I missed out on it. Are you aware of anything similar to that one?

I like the idea of a custom made pen, but do the manufacturers mentioned work with brass? Most people seem to be into the admittedly cool swirls of acrylics nowadays, but as you can see, I usually go for solid colors.

Thanks again! :)