Seattle Meetings Info *and* Portland, Or, Show This Summer?

Guest jonathan7007

Guest jonathan7007

All,
Is there going to be a Portland, Oregon, pen show this summer? I live in Seattle and would drive or (way more fun) take the train down.

I also ask if someone would tell me where and when Seattle club members get together and if newcomers are welcome. I have seen a couple of references to the Seattle get together but without specific contact or schedule information.

EDIT- found the upcoming meeting page for Seattle group!

jonathan7007

Edited by jonathan7007

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael McNeil

• Starguard

All,

Is there going to be a Portland, Oregon, pen show this summer? I live in Seattle and would drive or (way more fun) take the train down.

I also ask if someone would tell me where and when Seattle club members get together and if newcomers are welcome. I have seen a couple of references to the Seattle get together but without specific contact or schedule information.

EDIT- found the upcoming meeting page for Seattle group!

jonathan7007

Portland is having on on July 15th at the Lucky Lab pub on NW Quimby. Happy to have you! I'm not one of the organizers but I am planning to attend. Admittance is free.

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

The 5th Annual Northwest Pen Round-Up! will be held on Saturday July

15th, 2017, at the Lucky Labrador Brewing Co. In Portland, Oregon,

located at 1945 N.W. Quimby St.,from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

It is the same weekend as the largest antique show in the Northwest,

the Christine Palmer Antique Show.

Last year the attendance by both buyers and sellers was very good. The

attendance by vendors was better than we had anticipated and we had to

make extra room for a couple of the sellers. There were pen people

here from B.C., Washington state, Oregon, California.

There were plenty of fountain pens, mechanical pencils, and desk top

items. There was plenty of commerce in writing instruments, plenty to

buy, sell, trade, admire, learn about, discuss and opportunities to meet

other collectors. There is no sales tax in Oregon and people can formally

and informally sell writing instruments.

I saw quite a number of extraordinary vintage pens for sale. Also a

number of modern pens that I had never seen before.

The event room has air conditioning, so that's cool, literally and figuratively.

A number of people have planned a Summer vacation around the pen show

and the antique show. The Pacific coast always has nice cooler weather

than Portland and seldom does it get above 75 degrees there. There are

always lots of things to do around Portland. Portland prides itself in being a

little off beat and it is always an interesting city to visit.

All pen collectors and users are invited, wherever you are. We do not

limit this event to just people from the Northwest or the West Coast.

Admission is free. We only charge a nominal fee for vendors who want

to set up. If you would like table space, please contact us early, as

space is very limited.

If you would like to reserve table space please contact Stuart

Hawkinson.

Guest jonathan7007

I came back to my thread to publish the info in Michael's post above from his e-mail to me today. Thank you for responding to my question. I hope I can carve out the time to get down there.

jonathan7007

Hi Jonathan,

It was a good reminder for me to re-post the info about the upcoming Northwest Pen Round-Up! in July.

I would not have seen your post if you had not e-mailed me or if Maja had not sent me a link to it.

P.S. George Long is the one to contact about the Seattle Pen Club meetings. Also, the Vancouver (B.C.) Pen Club has regular meetings:

http://www.vancouverpenclub.com/

Edited by Michael McNeil