Converters For The Pilot Mr

Poincadi

Hello Everybody I have recently gotten a Pilot MR (The European Version) and Its a great pen, however, I cannot seem to be able to find a converter for it only accepts standard international converters. I have read that I could use a Pelikan Standard International Converter however I also read that it fits very loosely into the pen. Are there any converters t​hat actually fit into this pen? Please help me and thanks for reading

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Poincadi

• TSherbs

• Panos_S

• eharriett

The Pilot Con 50 will fit. The only thing that concerns me is you said, "European version" all pilot Metros purchased in the US will take the Pilot con 50. I'm just wondering if there is something different about a Euro version and a US version.😀

A quick Google search comparing Pilot Metropolitan and Pilot MR indicates that they look the same but the Metropolitan takes proprietary Pilot cartridges and converters and the MR uses standard international cartridges and converters. That said, you should be able to use a converter such as the Schmidt K5 available from places like Goulet or Jetpens for around $5 US.

The Schmidt K5 converter works fine on the euro version of the MR/Metropolitan, as does my Beaufort (probably rebadged Schmidt).

I have the Euro MR version. I haven't come across any standard internationals that do not fit it. I use whatever the $5 Goulet converters are, usually, or the one that came with the MR.

The waterman converter also works fine in the MR version.

Have you tried it? I've heard they don't work well though

The MRs do notionally take standard international converters, but I agree they are a very tight fit. Converters from my Jinhaos (x750 and 159) work on though.

How do I purchase one of these Euro MR versions from the US?

Hit up good old ebay

How do I purchase one of these Euro MR versions from the US?

I got mine from an FPN user who was selling his. He is from Holland. Was probably a one shot. Before that, I was about ready to get from either Amazon.co.uk (be careful of 3rd party sellers who had US versions) or Purepens.co.uk, who is a bit more pricey but guaranteed to have what I wanted.

Hit up good old ebay

From experience on these particular pens, I would be careful. There tends to be more people selling US versions of those pens than Euro versions. I even went to ebay.co.uk, thinking it would be safer. It was not. Even asking the seller questions gave responses that were too vague for my comfort level.

If you are willing to spend the money, I would definitely look at purepens, if you want to make completely sure you get what you want (and while there, take a look at some of their Noodlers exclusives). I'd also say: the Euro version is totally worth it, especially if you, like me, want to use that pen with cartridges. I think Pilot's inks are terrible (offense not intended to anyone), and at least with this pen, I have choices.

The waterman converter also works fine in the MR version.

Have you tried it? I've heard they don't work well though

Yes , i use one in my MR.

It works fine !

You might also be able to get the MR by ordering from The Writing Desk, as well as purepens.

It's definitely on cultpens as well: that's where I got mine from.

If you are willing to spend the money, I would definitely look at purepens, if you want to make completely sure you get what you want (and while there, take a look at some of their Noodlers exclusives). I'd also say: the Euro version is totally worth it, especially if you, like me, want to use that pen with cartridges. I think Pilot's inks are terrible (offense not intended to anyone), and at least with this pen, I have choices.

Exactly the reasons I have. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback everyone I have decided to order jinhao converters from ebay for 1$

Jinhao international converters are sometimes of very poor quality (easily get cracks). You could buy Picasso converter instead (ebay), it is slightly more expensive but really very good. Fits my MR perfectly well.