• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AL01

• Albert26

• cellmatrix

• ParkerDuofold

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got the L2K EF after seeing a brief YouTube demo, and am I glad I went for this one! It's loaded with Sailor Jentle Souten (just like the video...monkey see, monkey do). ;)

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Sailor Jentle must make the 2K a fire hose...

No?

Dagommit.

I am looking at the 2K again!!

Eh....

Still lookin' for a P51.

I think I'll get both.

Enough ramblin'.

Imma shut up now.

Sailor Jentle must make the 2K a fire hose...

No?

Dagommit.

I am looking at the 2K again!!

Eh....

Still lookin' for a P51.

I think I'll get both.

Enough ramblin'.

Imma shut up now.

That's probably why the EF is soooo smooooooov! :)

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I just got my first 2000, in broad, and I LOVE it. I have 3 other gold nibs and many steels, and nothing compares to the 2000 in terms of smoothness and writing pleasure. It's my go-to pen, even though its broad nib is VERY broad and lays down a LOT of ink. My next one will be a medium. Full disclosure: I've never used a 51. My other golds are a 3776 century, a custom 74, and a Lamy Studio palladium.

You can't go wrong with a Lamy 2k, and many enthusiasts say your collection isn't complete without one.

That's probably why the EF is soooo smooooooov! :)

Try something drier....

I heard it does provide feedback...

Well, that's if ya like feedback.

Lamy2000 is a flagship fountain pen, I have it but I don't like the hooded nibs which give makes need to add extra force to grab the pen to write, but that pen is pretty solid as it has been around for 50 years. Different people have different taste.

But I still recommended you to try Lamy 2000. You can buy a hero 616 first + Lamy2000. Or you get both if you have enough money, I think these 2 pens are worth to own it.

Thanks for the suggestion....

Money is now not much of an issue...

But finding a P51 in Wisconsin for some odd reason is.

Don't know why....

Not a big fan of Chinese pens....

Thanks again, Al.

The L2k is a good pen. But I like the P51 better. And I cant stop buying it though I have now more than 200.

Khan M. Ilyas

Which one do you like better?

THis is all that matters. The rest is posh, tosh and gibberish. Blah, blah, blah, hard to flush ... blah, blah, blah ,,, blahblah carries more ink ... blah, blah, blah. The kind of stuff people think when they are trying to justify or convince themselves that they should buy what they want to. So, decide what you want, then buy it. If it's a turkey, sell it and make another choice.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I agree with pajaro. Either one should do it, so just go for the one you fancy.

I have a 51 vac (it belonged to my late grandfather) and it's a pure workhorse, really good pen. Don't have a 2k, and not seeing myself ever getting one, but a lot of people are singing its praise.

Neither. Get a Platinum Modern Maki-e with an 18K nib instead.

It's light, its beautiful and 18K nibs are much more fun than 14K nibs. They tend to be softer which makes them springier.

I have all 3 (much to my embarrasment), but the 18K nib wins hands down.

I guess I should tell my vintage flex nibs that they shoul've been 18K instead then in order to be more fun. :doh:

I guess I should tell my vintage flex nibs that they shoul've been 18K instead then in order to be more fun. :doh:

Well he sounds as if he isn't into vintage flex nibs. :)

I love the 14k vintage nibs whether these are flex or semi flex or even rigid.

Khan M. Ilyas

THis is all that matters. The rest is posh, tosh and gibberish. Blah, blah, blah, hard to flush ... blah, blah, blah ,,, blahblah carries more ink ... blah, blah, blah. The kind of stuff people think when they are trying to justify or convince themselves that they should buy what they want to. So, decide what you want, then buy it. If it's a turkey, sell it and make another choice.

I like what ya said.

I agree with pajaro. Either one should do it, so just go for the one you fancy.

I have a 51 vac (it belonged to my late grandfather) and it's a pure workhorse, really good pen. Don't have a 2k, and not seeing myself ever getting one, but a lot of people are singing its praise.

There ya go.

Should be getting my Aero tomorrow.

I hope....

Finding a P51 in it's home state is a pain.

Neither. Get a Platinum Modern Maki-e with an 18K nib instead.

It's light, its beautiful and 18K nibs are much more fun than 14K nibs. They tend to be softer which makes them springier.

I have all 3 (much to my embarrasment), but the 18K nib wins hands down.

I remember those.

Someday...

Not now.

Thanks for the suggestion.

A few years from now?

Well, I agree with everything except ink capacity...

Sometimes in the school year, stuff gets so bad that I don't even have time to trim my nails!

Seriously, ( :D ).

But then again, after taking an architecture class for 5 weeks...

The look of a pen becomes philosophical.

But you are right...

In regards to function, most of our worries are hocus pocus.

(But then again, as a student, I am always broke.)

Thanks, Al.

EDIT: Forgot usual formatting.

Edited by AL01

post-130197-0-62904300-1502123301_thumb.jpg

I got an un-restored P51 Special...

Black w/ a shiny cap.

F/M nib.

An absolutely wonderful writer.

Not too smooth....

Not too much feedback...

Jus' write! ( :lol: )

Will send it off to Mr. Fudge sooner or later.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I think my journey is kinda over.

To those who recommended the Aurora 88...

I will test it out whenever I get the chance.

Thanks again....

And I wish all of you the best of luck in yer fountain pen endevours!

- Al.

Having both the P51 and the Lamy 2000, I would have advised you to get neither.

My Sheaffer Legacy 2 smokes both of these in terms of writing pleasure, versatility, hand feel and good looks.

I am also of the belief that the Parker 75 is a nicer, more versatile pen to own than the Parker 51.