Pelikan M800 Royal Gold (Raden) Special Edition

GutSchrift

This is the very first I've seen of the m800 special edition, "Royal Gold" in raden. It was in my instagram feed today via a Dutch retailer: https://www.instagram.com/p/BThuwOgBW8x/?taken-by=penman_nl

It looks great -- but eager to hear more. I'm guessing as this is a very limited edition, it is not the m805 hinted at in other posts and anticipated for the fall.

Edited by GuttSchrift

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dutchpen

• daenghafez

• BlkWhiteFilmPix

• Mulrich

A Raden in the M800 size was rumored for this year and De Roos' Instagram post is the first that we've seen of it from what I can tell. They got a slight jump on it and I believe additional details should break soon. I expect that we'll see this around June. I just posted to my site all of the details that I know or can extrapolate.

As far as the M805, that will come later in the year. Look for new around early September.

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Wow.. Handsome looking. Reminds me of Ductus in souveraen form.

I like the nib on the ductus. I just didn't like that it only came as a cartridge fill pen

Or to some extend, a brown souveraen tortoise with its matching cap.

Yes it is a nice pen but in terms of beauty I dare say it is not in the same league as Kyokko and Gekko. In my humble opinion, the overuse of gold takes away the attention from the raden, which actually looks quite unique with a distinct yellowish hue.

Edit: looking at it magnified (oh my eye sight) I realised that the 'gold' stripes are not alternating gold plated metal, but rather raden itself. I partially take my comments back.

Edited by Mastiff

That was exactly my first thought when I saw it. My eyes hadn't yet adjusted to the shock and I thought that I was looking at some P3110.

Yes it is a nice pen but in terms of beauty I dare say it is not in the same league as Kyokko and Gekko. In my humble opinion, the overuse of gold takes away the attention from the raden, which actually looks quite unique with a distinct yellowish hue.

Edit: looking at it magnified (oh my eye sight) I realised that the 'gold' stripes are not alternating gold plated metal, but rather raden itself. I partially take my comments back.

The effect was achieved by laying down a background of 24 karat gold foil and then applying the ground mother of pearl on top of that. I like that it is different than previous raden releases that we've seen.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Very beautiful. But, alas, I will have to pass... Would love to see it in person though. Can't wait until my local Desert Pelikans store has it in stock.

Oh wait. That was in my dream. There's no such thing as Desert Pelikans. :(

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

No doubt this will be out of my budget but I'm probably okay with that. This is a statement pen and a little too blingy for my tastes.

Nice pen but it's about 1780 EURO...

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

I'm not a big fan of this one - a bit too blingy for me.

Not that it matters, since I can't afford it.

Very impressive. My prediction is that despite the price this will be a brisk seller.

Somehow this is not to my taste. I've seen other raden pens which I thought were absolutely beautiful, but this one just leaves me flat. Which is just as well, because I'm sure I couldn't afford it. Plus, it would be too big for my hand.

Unlike the M805 Stresseman from a couple of years ago, where I hoped and prayed that Pelikan would bring out in the M400 size.... :rolleyes: It's the most expensive pen I own but completely worth the money I paid.... :thumbup:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It's very striking but I'm wondering if it wouldn't look better with a solid black cap and just the barrel having the stripes?

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

A beautiful pen, but a little too flashy for my taste. The price tag is well beyond what I'm willing to pay.

Iguana Sell seems to be still taking pre orders.

Very nice and 1785 euro seems like a fair price. Trough I like the darker apperance of the Gekko and Kyokko better.

Pelikan nut