Announcing The Launch Of My New Online Store For Fellow Enthusiasts!

LemurInk

Hey FPN'ers! I'm proud to announce the launch of my online store - Lemur Ink. I'm a fellow addict enthusiast of all things writing and fountain pens, and couldn't be more excited about this. I've been hard at work on this the past few months and I would greatly appreciate any feedback on you all could give on the site/checkout/how things look!

Thanks!

- John

https://lemurink.com/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LemurInk

• Barkingpig

• Maurizio

• MHBru

Good luck! Nice site, easy to navigate.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Congratulations on the venture AND site; I just returned from one of the easiest transactions I have ever made. It wasn't much of an order but I thank you for your offerings & I want to commend you for your shipping policies; I do pay attention to them & I hope yours will be appreciated by other customers.

I realise everyone must make policies that they believe are best for them & I am sure have their reasons for each decision of same; I enjoyed many purchases from a Seller, who has closed his online business now, but I was always appreciative of his "customer" friendly shipping policies. I hope they will prove beneficial to you in this venture & I wish you much success & satisfaction.

AND I applaud your choice of name; easily remembered & quite appropriate!

Your site looks beautiful. Who designed it?

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Congratulations and good luck!

One minor comment: the photo for J. Herbin Bleu Nuit shows Eclat de Saphir.

Cheers!

Matias

Congrats and good luck! The site looks handsome.

Edited by Maurizio

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Congratulations on the venture AND site; I just returned from one of the easiest transactions I have ever made. It wasn't much of an order but I thank you for your offerings & I want to commend you for your shipping policies; I do pay attention to them & I hope yours will be appreciated by other customers.

I realise everyone must make policies that they believe are best for them & I am sure have their reasons for each decision of same; I enjoyed many purchases from a Seller, who has closed his online business now, but I was always appreciative of his "customer" friendly shipping policies. I hope they will prove beneficial to you in this venture & I wish you much success & satisfaction.

AND I applaud your choice of name; easily remembered & quite appropriate!

Thank you for the kind words (and your business). I'm glad you appreciate the shipping policy, much time and thought went into developing it. Simple (and most often free) shipping was one of the cornerstones for starting the business, and so far it seems to be very much appreciated!

Your site looks beautiful. Who designed it?

All me! I used Shopify for the ecommerce base template and handling the tricky stuff (like Visa processing, SSL security, etc).

Congratulations and good luck!

One minor comment: the photo for J. Herbin Bleu Nuit shows Eclat de Saphir.

Cheers!

Matias

Changed! Thanks for the spot - check your PMs for a little thank you.

And thank you all for the kind words on the site. I may be asking some of you for help on what products/brands to carry next... I already had a few people asking about higher-end products, but obviously it's a tough game to dip into.

I would not concern myself about higher end products until you feel you have saturated your market with your initial offerings. There is a pretty good selection of most higher end products, from possibly six online sellers in the US, whose prices are pretty competitive. I imagine you would tie up a lot of $ in inventory, pretty quickly. (After all Goulet Pens started by carrying ink & limited paper, before expanding their line up, having increased & upgraded their stock gradually; it seems to have been a good plan for their business.)

Starting small & developing a client base should be a good first step & additions can always be made, when you feel comfortable to do so.

I would not concern myself about higher end products until you feel you have saturated your market with your initial offerings. There is a pretty good selection of most higher end products, from possibly six online sellers in the US, whose prices are pretty competitive. I imagine you would tie up a lot of $ in inventory, pretty quickly. (After all Goulet Pens started by carrying ink & limited paper, before expanding their line up, having increased & upgraded their stock gradually; it seems to have been a good plan for their business.)

Starting small & developing a client base should be a good first step & additions can always be made, when you feel comfortable to do so.

Great advice, thank you!

After receiving your wonderfully wrapped package, delivered a mere three days from order to doorstep (one of those days being Sunday,) I can say I think you probably don't need much advice!

Your site is attractive, user friendly & the packing for shipment is second to NONE; I am happy to have discovered your site & look forward to your continued success!